Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Black Magic Extraordinaire

Tiggum posted:

The idea is dumb as well.

I agree. It's not a new or novel idea. I mean hell I can agree with the idea that the proliferation of social media and the ubiquitousness of smart phones has moved society in some negative ways (though I'd argue the good outweighs the bad).

But these drawings just aren't saying anything insightful about it. You might as well have photoshopped the people with phones to look like zombies or put spirals in their eyes.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

BrainMeats posted:

I don't recall seeing a whole lot of uproar over the state of homeless vets in America until the discussion turned to Syrian refugees.

just a thought lol.

I bought a support our troops bumper sticker what do you want from me

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Nuebot posted:

To be slightly fair to the selfish shitheels of the world, in America people usually treat you like you're a weird creep, like they think you're a secret serial killer or something, if you try to be nice and considerate.

Where do you live? Maybe you are a creep because goddamn.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Stuntman posted:

Conservatives assuming Al Jazeera is some scary Muslim news channel will never get old.

Anything that starts with Al can't be trusted. It's why I stopped watching Al Roker.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Krypt-OOO-Nite!! posted:

These Star Wars racists are especially funny since Force Awakens keeps the Star Wars status quo of only one black guy and one female under 50 existing at time in the universe.

Honestly as a white guy I find it embarrassing how few main characters in movies aren't white dudes, so I just don't get these teats crying about the one movie were the main guys aren't white dudes.

Not really. I mean outside of the main trio and the villain you don't have any other main characters aside from the returned characters. What I did notice is they put a lot more women and people of color as background troops for both sides.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It's just awfully convienant that all processed and junk foods are acidic and everything natural is alkaline.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Regalingualius posted:

I have to wonder if these people's heads would explode at things like Shakespeare plays where everyone is cast as a woman.

Or men.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Haha what the hell? I know racism in major films is a thing and people get skittish of non white men kissing white women because of the "they're taking our women" mentality but usually they can accept the other way around.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

EL BROMANCE posted:

I don't carry ID, as the only form I have is my passport and that stays home unless I'm somewhere like NYC where the policy is to ask everyone.

Hahaha what

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Every state in the US has a state ID which is basically just a drivers license that doesn't let you drive but can serve all ID functions. How can that not exist?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

Don't you loving dare touch medicare.

Or social security. I complained about paying into it for years so now I'm going to reap the benefits.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Haha why would they care about other countries?

As an aside I'll never stopped being amused at Japan's political parties. The Democrats and the liberal democrats...the liberal democrats are the conservative ones.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Dr_Amazing posted:

What did he do? Stick it to himself and rip it off?
The duct tape challenge is to have someone tape you up with duct tape, usually to a chair, like a hostage in a movie and try and escape.

He did it standing up and as he was struggling he fell over and bashed his head in on the side of a table.

I'm not kidding.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

The amount of people that are vocal about wanting children to be spanked on Facebook is horrifying. :gonk:

Is it really? I'm firmly opposed to spanking but it was pretty standard practice in the US up until very recently. It's gonna take time to filter out.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

ratbert90 posted:

It's horrifying because its bad for children in every single conceivable way, and there isn't a single peer reviewed study that supports spanking.

The only reason it sticks around is because people are idiots and refuse to listen to experts.

I really cannot wait until the next generation finds out something we do we see as innocuous is actually, legitimately bad so we can experience it.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I was spanked as a child and now I advocate not doing it. The system works.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Byzantine posted:

I don't get the Conspiracy plan here.

-create new virus
-kill millions
-???

The NWO wants to cull the population down to the millions because it'd be easier to control is the common justification.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I should hope I wasn't breathing pure oxygen.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

TotalLossBrain posted:

Those accusations of Obummer being a secret Muslim have me stumped (well, not really). So what if he is a Muslim? :confused:
Are you saying you wouldn't vote for someone based on their religion? Are you saying Muslims are not fit to be Americans? Leaders? Presidents?

What are these people trying to say?

Sharia law is incompatible with the constitution dontcha know.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

oldpainless posted:

You never see an autistic animal. Makes you wonder just how advanced humans are with all the crippling anxiety diseases we have created.

All cats are autistic.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

It's even funnier when the poster tried to play it off like it was lame but whatever and the writer drops that bombshell.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

The image is just upside down.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

More accurately it's mirrored upside down unless you're just doing an elaborate rick roll i guess.

Only registered members can see post attachments!

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Excuse my ignorance but JAH?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Never has a video explained so much yet given me so many questions.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Depending on adherence, but that could be true of Christians too, Jews have a goddamn prayer for everything.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

I know this is a few pages back but the LGBT communities are, by large, only catering to white cis gay men or gold star lesbian types. Almost any sexual minority outside of either gay or lesbian get ignored, shunned or told that they don't belong (like bisexuals, holy poo poo does everyone randomly hate bisexuals). Hell, even Pride Toronto has decided that Black Lives Matter should be leading the Pride parade this year because apparently police brutality against minorities has more in common with LGBT than not having financial sponsors that have super anti-trans policies.

I feel like a lot of the anti-T sentiment comes from the old guard who was so scared of Trans people loving up their movement because it was going "too far". A lot of the younger people I know are fine with trans. I can't speak to Bi but I don't have that personal experience.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Byzantine posted:

Doesn't that mean everybody is bisexual, though?

Death to labels, gently caress whatever consenting adult you want~

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Never stop, LoB.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

I admit to not being informed about that whole area of belief systems but isnt Wicca and revivals of ancient pagan religions (e.g. worshipping Greek or Norse gods in a modern context) different things?

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Panfilo posted:

Wasn't Tesla basically some kind of proto tech sperg in RL anyway? Like he had a few good ideas and the rest was whackadoodle nonsense that somehow turned him into some kind of tech Jesus to people?

Nerds like an underdog, and that jock Edison ruined him.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

He's doing better than a lot of us probably predicted, but once we gets out of states that aren't so overwhelmingly white the balance will shift.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Yeah the Drumpf thing is juvenile and that's the point. Calling Caitlyn by her birth name is just being a hateful.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Horrible Smutbeast posted:

Isn't the guy in the picture Boogie something something off youtube? Where he admits he has an eating disorder stemming from a shitload of abuse in his childhood from his mother who did poo poo like trying to gouge his eye out? I'm pretty sure he's really open about how his health (physical and mental) is hosed, so I have no idea why they'd choose to photoshop him in.

I'm sure he just GISed "morbidly obese" and used whatever picture fit what he had in mind.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Americans do the exact same thing.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Otisburg posted:

That article was a complete handjob that forgot to have a punchline, but it seems to have been an abberation for sure.

Their boss was looking over their shoulder but now he's gone on lunch.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

She survived 14 whole years so she's obviously in the clear of any future diseases.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

All women should be wearing burqas then.

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Picnic Princess posted:

Why do so many people hate fun things? He must have the shittiest life, and hopefully no actual friends because he would ruin everything for everyone all the time.

Fun is a good thing to have. That stupid-rear end post inspired me to post a fun picture of my angry cat. I regret nothing because fun is good and worth sharing with the world.

gently caress fun-haters.

Because they have to prove how mature and adult they are and only literal children enjoy anything but serious business.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

RagnarokAngel
Oct 5, 2006

Ravenfood posted:

Its probably just my own personal over-exposure, but I feel like there's a huge uptick in TV ads that feature really creepily overprotective fathers as if its a virtue, too.

I can't remember when it wasn't a thing honestly, a staple of sitcoms for decades has been the overprotective father who interrogates any boy her daughter brings home.