Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Haha yeah I bet the person who posted that would be super supportive of the new taxes to pay each soldier 500k a year

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
like and share he CUTE

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

The gently caress is an og?

Original gangsta. It's a dumb meme but I refuse to believe you've never heard that term before

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

Im sick of it too. Im white and drat proud of it. When im out and about i try and smile at everyone i make eye contact with. I was at a eatry last sunday. Alot of smiling there. I made eye contact with a black woman. I smiled, she was stoned face. I held eye contact with her and the smile on my face for maybe 15 seconds. Stone faced she was.
A racist and mean bitch.....she'll be sick one day and i hope all her caregivers are white.

"I stared at a stranger unblinking for a creepily long amount of time and she didn't like it! What a racist oval office"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

RainbowCake posted:

Posted to the facebook page of one of those websites that lets you order online from delivery restaurants in your area.

I wonder if she ever got her 1:40 a.m burg

I have a feeling 66 Amelias going to be getting things a lot more surprising than cheeseburgers sent to them

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I'm surprised that guy didn't edit wikipedia alongside the mizzou people to complain about how the massacre was taking attention away from his abs

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

BigglesSWE posted:

I'm asking if there is a dumb stereotype about swedes that I should be aware about.

I believe he was making a Swedish chef joke

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

codo27 posted:

Doesn't allow "gun/killing/death game", calls husband "hubby". A loving turkey for the profile picture. Also probably allows them to watch wrestling despite this. Gee I cant quite conjure up a likely accurate image of that family, no not at all

WWE is lovely all together for many reasons and still isn't great in how it portrays women, minorities etc but it's been fairly PG for like a decade

Edit: I will admit that people who call their husband "hubby" are the worst of the worst though. That is probably my least favorite word in the English language

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 04:15 on Nov 18, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Oh that poor... kid from 1920 with a breadbasket? The hell am I looking at

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Corley posted:

:stare: Ummm... is it just me or does that crying child have a giant black cock?

Haha what the hell dude. "Uh is it weird I'm seeing a huge completely imaginary penis on this little boy?"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
And to answer your question yeah, that's totally normal and everyone else can see it too I'm sure. The penis on the child, I mean

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Picnic Princess posted:

You could post this adorable video of a bunch of clowns having fun with refugees in Greece :shobon:

https://www.facebook.com/ajplusenglish/videos/642088932599284/

What the gently caress, I don't come to this thread to feel uplifted

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
A fun Facebook gimmick would be to respond to any angry right wing post with something along the lines of "what? That's not what Obama said happened" and act totally incredulous that Obama could ever be wrong. You know, like the type of liberals they think exist

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Funktastic posted:

A friend linked me to this picture her RA shared on FB.

Haha totally thought this was going to be "my parents abused me and this is why I'm now on drugs" story but no they loved being beaten and degraded and want it to happen to more people

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lol that kid doesn't even live in america any more because of how crazy people were about him

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Wow it was pathetic and annoying enough before his son came in to make fun of him. How the gently caress old is this guy?

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Nuebot posted:

To be slightly fair to the selfish shitheels of the world, in America people usually treat you like you're a weird creep, like they think you're a secret serial killer or something, if you try to be nice and considerate.

I think that's actually Russia or China you're talking about. Unless you just come off like a huge creep accidentally at all times

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Wanamingo posted:

Even if closing your legs all the way was uncomfortable, it's not like you need to spread yourself way the gently caress out when sitting down. Christ. Manspreading isn't a new thing either, it's been a problem for at least a hundred years.

Everett true over compensates for his own insecurities on account of his physically abusive wife

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

Almost every "manspreading" picture I've seen is of a dude on a mostly -empty bus or train, with plenty of empty seats around him.

Also why didn't that comic woman just whap those dudes? She has a nice big umbrella for Christ's sake. She had to have some fat goon stare some dudes down instead?

I sit like that on public transportation if it's pretty open cause its comfortable I mean what weirdo sits next to a stranger on a bus or on the subway if there are seats not next to them? But you are kind of a fucker if you're doing that in any sort of crowded area.

Also I already made fun of mr. True once in this thread I wouldn't push it

[Img]http://images2.villagevoice.com/imager/u/original/6634897/theoutburstsofeveretttrue.jpg[[/img]

He's basically the 1900s-1930s comic version of Reddit/imgur/goon STDH stories

Aesop Poprock has a new favorite as of 04:36 on Dec 1, 2015

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

I just read the lyrics and it's about people who enjoy rough consensual sex

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
I want to pull a Tina Fey in 30 rock and buy every single one of them at once and just hand them out to people who aren't douchebags on the street

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Scathach posted:

"Teen Allergic to Wi-Fi Commits Suicide, Parents Say"

http://news.yahoo.com/teen-allergic-to-wifi-commits-suicide-parents-say-223912154.html

Does Yahoo News count as social media? Because christ, the loving comments.

Comments seem fine? Only ones I've seen were all calling out the idea that WiFi could've caused it

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Maker Of Shoes posted:

I've spent the better part of the month with no filter and calling out stupid poo poo articles posted in my feed.

So I guess now we're at the point of "didn't research it (ha, Maker of Shoes) but it seems legit"

I'm the IoSM.

This is my grandma. After years of redirecting her to snopes for crazy terrorist/medical/Democrat stuff she would forward she still sends the same things except with "haven't had time to check snopes yet but seems pretty scary!"

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Lottery of Babylon posted:

And when the kids came of age to start their religious studies, I was naturally inquisitive and asked the Mom if she'd teach me about their religion. Her answer gave me chills. She said, "I'm so glad you asked! Now you can live!" I said, "Excuse me?" She said, "You'll understand when I teach you." And teach me, she did. I know more about this cult than I ever cared to know.

I believe every part of this story, but especially that the suburban muslim/terrorist woman was just casually willing to drop the "we were planning on killing you" bomb and then helpfully detail at length (and presumably in multiple sessions) why

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fatkraken posted:

Doesn't like 90% of Sharia just relate to solving everyday disputes like minor contractual disputes and financial/property disagreements anyway? In non-majority-muslim countries where it is in wide use, it's pretty much like voluntary out of court arbitration where both parties agree to abide by the decision of the scholar/Imam/Sharia court (I don't pretend to know the details).

In non-sharia countries that allow it it's basically like in America how the Amish and orthodox jews are able to settle minor problems in their communities without getting police involved. It doesn't apply to gross assault or murder or grand theft or anything that's outside the reach of the group they agreed to be a part of. Like if a bunch of white people lived in a community and arbitrated out punishments and stuff for minor infractions and the people involved were all willingly apart of it that would be fine as well. Oh wait, that also happens all over the US

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

Gotta love how no matter where, no matter when, the moment someone argues for the reduction of sexual pandering in games, someone else always feels the need to come out of the woodwork and pull out these arguments. We're just missing someone calling it censorship and crying against SJWs and we'll have the complete set.

Both of those posters are joking

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fashionable Jorts posted:

But they're not even exaggerations of the kinds of people you find online. Like the joke is that it's not a joke to so many.

I dunno she does look pretty confident, she destroyed that dude with her butt and didn't even flinch. You can't program that self esteem and bravery

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

zVxTeflon posted:

thats all fake as hell

It's in the exact same style as 90% of fake facebook/texting poo poo I have no idea how people continue to fall for that stuff

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
It gets kind of silly when threads like this, pyf historical facts, and a bunch of other similar threads get filled with memes or totally fake stories imo

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
no one's saying staged poo poo can't be funny but if I go into a "greatest boxing matches" thread and there's a bunch of clips from boxing movies with no mention of them being movies it's not really fitting the theme

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer
Promoting your childrens film with an S&M erotica parody does seem a little weird to be fair

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

ToxicSlurpee posted:

To be honest I don't get this whole "a real X listens to Y genre or they are Z which is a very bad thing" idea in the first place. Listen to the music that sounds good to you and don't let anybody tell you it's wrong. It's entertainment. Who the gently caress cares?

I feel like at this point in your life you should be familiar with the idea of people grouping themselves and regarding different people as "others" over the tiniest of interests cause it's what humanity has always done and will always do

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

paradoxGentleman posted:

Ok question: is there any truth to the "nerds used to get picked on before nerd stuff got cool" narrative? I've seen it brought up in a couple of places, but I have never experienced it so I am not sure.

I think these things are more "I used to be a nerd in school and now I'm a grown nerd who isn't forced to socialize with other people that could potentially bully me" but they don't tend to realize the second part is more about location and the fact that adults don't tend to pick on people like school bullies do.

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Fathis Munk posted:

Wow thanks for that good haul. That was some sweet poo poo.

Also lol at that shameless ploy with the little timmy photo. They couldn't be less obviously fishing for likes if they tried.

The "beloved photo", like a generic over the shoulder shot of some towheaded child saluting a flag was taking the world by storm before evil secular Facebook said no more

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Skaw posted:

Being confined to nerds is pretty irrelevant. Miles Morales had racists falling over eachother to cry foul when he became the alternate Ultimate universe Spider-Man, even gasbag pundits who never touched comic books in their lives. Nevermind that there've been alternate universe non-lily white Spider-Persons before.

Well maybe they should've stayed in their seperate-but-equal universes then :colbert:

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

The Saddest Rhino posted:

They even have black girls!!!!!!

There was an Asian girl pilot who had more on-screen time than porkins. Also an alien red squadron pilot who died but that still probably counts as diversity. Also some of the storm troopers were randomly girls including the shiny silver one who might have been their leader or something (?)

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

twistedmentat posted:

Yea, it was cool to hear the random chatter from the Storm Troopers and hearing clearly female voices among them. Also, her name is Captain Phasma and she was played by a true lady

Oh poo poo I had no idea she was Brienne of Tarth! Too bad she just kind of looked cool and didn't do anything aside from get captured

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

poptart_fairy posted:

A lot of her stuff was cut from the film, unfortunately.

I liked the movie but I stand by my opinion that all of the villains looked totally inept by the end of it. I wonder how much of that was editing

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Sarcopenia posted:

Because representation matters. I remember reading Harry Potter as a young child and being really bummed out when I found out Hermione wasn't a mixed girl like myself, because that was what I enthusiastically had made my brain think she was. :(
It's also hosed up for someone like J.K. Rowling who's really into names having meaning to them to just plop a Korean name onto a Chinese girl.

Are you trying to tell me Sir Nicholas de Mimsy-Porpington is supposed to have deeper meaning than "quirky magical bullshit"?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Aesop Poprock
Oct 21, 2008

Grimey Drawer

Dzhay posted:

How do people I know know people like this well enough to have them as FB friends?

Legit thought flat earth society people were a joke. I mean I'm not totally shocked they're real but jesus christ