Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

This sentient McGriddle floating in a white void is really passionate

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

SpliffClavin posted:

Being a man sounds boring, I think I'll pass.

"are selfless and sacrificial"

cut out your father's heart

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

RareAcumen posted:

Man, you're seeing some dumb people then. All I've ever seen of it is that it's a good thing mainly that she's not in the abusive relationship anymore. Like the one comic part where she's fighting Black Canary and she has to stop because she's got morning sickness and Harley goes into how she left to have her kid and the Joker didn't even notice she left.

everyone I speak to in my day to day life is totally unfamiliar with this and boy howdy am I glad of that

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

stupid idiot fucker Prager content aside, I am so over this infographic aesthetic with flashy vector images flashing all over the screen in different fonts. It's so irritating, I hate it

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

GottaPayDaTrollToll posted:

Lest we forget the sort of incredible manchild Notch is:

70 million dollar house. Candy wall.

I have that same yellow M&M in my room, I use it as a coat rack

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

if you have passion for your job you're either really really lucky or broken on the inside.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

pathetic little tramp posted:

Is YouTube considered social media?

I... I found this thing.

And I have nowhere to post it, so I'm posting it here.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lSNj0Rtq6AY

When you first see him walk on the screen you might think wow, that's pretty intense but just keep listening at least until about the third minute.

"I am in my legal right to pull a knife on my mom when she is destroying my property" (burps, wipes garlic bread hands on tighty-whities)

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

How is that stupid man deriving his income from making tweets? How can losing your twitter deprive you of a living? i don't understand

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah I bet that guy is a virulent racist, that post is so innocuous he must actually be sending a coded message about the biological inferiority of black people

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Walton Simons posted:

I introduced June a few days ago. The last few days have been boring anti-EU rambling. She frequently emails the Prime Minister and other politicians about Brexit, the reasoning being to 'keep the pile growing'. If anything bad happens, it's because the lefties were more organized.

Here's today's

Oh, and her Facebook nickname is now 'Chief Gammon'.

Most non-UK goons probably won't know about this, but a few weeks ago, a think tank suggested that every millennial should get £10k to help bridge generational unfairness. It's a think tank thing, it's not going to happen. One of June's main hobby horses is that it's still easy to buy a house, young people are just feckless and have never had it so easy. She went apeshit.

Bloody millenials nicked me pension and spent it on tattoos, they did!

Are you friends with hyacinth bucket

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I stumbled onto some tiny right-wing subreddit populated by like a dozen severely mentally ill weirdos and started following one of their own personal subreddits. the dude who runs it makes a post like this almost every single day and has for months at a time now, and they're all insanely boring and weird. their style has been evolving though. he used to just quote himself, now he just writes random stuff without attributing it to him/putting a selfie on there, and sometimes he pulls bible stuff out and uses it or, my absolute personal favorite, recommends that the frothing-at-the-mouth-crazy readers of his posts watch Little House on the Prairie in DVD box set

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

can someone link the actual James Gunn tweets, or pictures of them, that precipitated this whole thing? I tried googling it but it was just page after page of lovely gossip sites with JAMES GUNN FIRED FOR SHOCKING TWEETS headlines but no actual shocking tweets anywhere.

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

https://twitter.com/JacobAWohl/status/1025434437381582848

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Unrestricted immigration doesn't include unrestricted flow of capital though

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

AlbieQuirky posted:

He probably raped his niece, though. :smith:

Also, of course Warren's blood test is in keeping with her family's oral history of having one Native ancestor a while back, and it's been documented that she never received any scholarships or other opportunities designated for Natives, but gently caress facts, right?

the niece thing is really unlikely - by all account Hitler was actually borderline asexual and the more or less definitive Ian Kershaw biographies have some hilarious parts where women remember him as a bloodless weirdo, its almost implied he was impotent sometimes but Kershaw is very careful about now repeating any Hitlerology that isn't supported by compelling evidence

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

I mean we all remember how the president singlehandedly removed all trans troops

Wait, no, people said, "No, rear end in a top hat, you're not actually the King of America and you can't do that."

Like yeah, we got way too many people enabling the rear end in a top hat, but there's a whole system built around making this poo poo a slow process because of exactly this kind of situation, and mostly people in that system who got in because they legit believe in it.

It's not great, but we're also not a dictatorship just yet.

Thank goodness America has a system in place to prevent atrocities

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

Definitely what I said, excellent reading comprehension there.

No you're right I'm glad our system of checks and balances have kept things from degenerating to a point where we put children in cages and liberals can still feel sanguine about congressional oversight committees

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Puppy Time posted:

"Hey guys, don't panic over the rear end in a top hat in office changing constitutional amendments, the system is set up to make that poo poo difficult."

"Yeah, but he's done atrocities that are allowed by the system, so therefore there's no checks to his power at all and we are now North Korea 2.0"

Yeah, these crazy hysterical people panicking over Trump really need to get over things and trust the Supreme Court

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

snergle posted:

americas supreme court is about to become useless like japans when republicans realise you can just ignore it and continue doing what ever you want. or you know stack it full of poo poo so you can repel roe v wade and illegally ammend the constitution and they will hand wave you in

I don't think you're listening to the poster I quoted, he clearly said there's no reason to panic because we live in the United States of America, a society with institutions

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

What a loving crybaby. Incels are just dudes who never mature emotionally after reaching age 7.

"Kelly was mean to me at recess! Britney gave me cooties! I hate girls!"

15 years later

"Jenny gave me a fake number! Lindsay didn't agree to a second date! I hate girls!"

You mean 35 years later because that dude was 40 lol

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Isn't he more of a children's entertainer than anything else? I don't mean that as a snarky dig at YouTube game stuff or whatever but more like, he's a wealthy professional like raffi or something

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Also the right to buy and sell them, and probably execute them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Admiral Joeslop posted:

God damned kids.

The sentiment is fine but the entire article is dripping with condescension.

The idea that foolish people with college debt are victims exclusively of their own poor planning and not symptomatic of social issues that are a lot more dangerous than lack of plumbers or HVAC technicians makes me so mad

It's stupid even if you assume they deserve privation and poverty because the economy needs people to consume the services those technical professionals provide

It's also personal because I have a masters in history and people always poo poo on me and encourage me to go to ECPI and learn to code or something as though I have no skills at all

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Picnic Princess posted:

The only equality America was founded on was a bunch of white Englishmen not wanting to answer to royalty so they formed their own government. No one else was included because they were all considered subhuman or less. So as long as you were the approved kind of white guy at the time, you were "equal". Everyone else could gently caress right off.

It wasn't even for a bunch of white Englishmen,, just the southern planter aristocracy and white northern smallholders/urban professionals. Like they were most incensed by a tax on fuckin paper, something the average laborer never needed

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Those articles are just brain dead elderly people attempting to interpret the increasingly unambiguous effects of capitalist alienation and their misfiring neurons jump directly to "lazy kids!!" because the American discourse demands a narrative of personal accountability for things like growing up in a hellish world of privation, loneliness, and failure with only like an iPad to comfort you while mom works her other jobs third shift/overdoses on fentanyl in her bedroom/whatever

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

speaking of bad medicine takes, I follow a lot of weed entrepeneurs in DC on instragram. I made an account just for that and don't follow anything else so I have a pure, unfiltered look into the world of dabheads and grey market weed people, which means I see a lot of stuff like this:

this is so transparently absurd i dont even know what to say

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

luxury handset posted:

what the gently caress kind of therapist costs hundreds of dollars an hour

Technically all of them except insurance pays it. If I miss a visit I pay out of pocket for the appointment I didn't go to - it's $300. Really introduced some feelings of enmity for the therapist I'm seeing to help with feelings stemming from unemployment

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

The internet would be considerably better if older people just used it for this kind of banal humor

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Why is it every time I say something on twitter about like transphobia being bad (I replied to one of those linehan tweets) I come back to a half dozen notifications from screeching British pensioners calling me a sockpuppet and talking about how many followers I have. Have they literally never encountered disagreement in the real world and thus can't understand it except as a campaign of subversion and lies?

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

It's specifically the followers thing, I've lost count of how many times I've been called a Russian bot, specifically by Liberals, for only having 13 folllowers

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sedge and Bee posted:

Gee I wonder where those doctors got their education.

Sounds like someone doesn't want Cubas usurious private loan system that is required for every advanced degree to receive its fair share

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Sedge and Bee posted:

YOSPOS has you covered

I love these. I have a very credulous friend who has, in the decade I've known him, never owned a computer or used one regularly since dropping out of college. He is absolutely positive crypto is the way of the future because of the price rise last year and whenever it comes up he talks about how it's going to be vaguely good for the third world and poor people, and how it can really only go up. He has a fraction of a coin with coin base and honestly just thought it was like any other investment. I've found when I push him and other stoner friends, however, they don't actually understand anything about currency and the fact that bitcoins are only useful because of their relationship to the thing they're meant to replace is meaningless to them

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Interesting how these wacky lefty tweets always seem to come from twitter accounts that rant about how much they hate commies and unironically use the word “cuck” all the time while speaking authoritatively (and incorrectly) about history

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Fart.Bleed.Repeat. posted:

I don't know if this is :thejoke: but you & t-man are coming off as just as big of shitbags as those you seem to be mocking?

Excuse me they’re PUNCHING UP and so it’s clever, not just a bunch of repulsively childish tropes

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

An enormous number of southerners fought in the civil war because they were gormless pieces of poo poo who did exactly what their lazy planter parents / neighbors expected them to do and had a genuine belief in the cultural superiority of the south

One of my friends in school did his thesis on Confederate officer elections, as the Confederate army was pseudo-democratic at the regimental level until 1863, and iirc they uniformly elected aristocratic morons rather than practically tested NCOs

I like that because it’s a concrete example of the ingrained confederate deference to hierarchy manifesting itself as ideologically more important than good logistics and hope I’m remembering his conclusions correctly

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Is all that PETA stuff true because I often hear people assert those claims are a smear campaign against them for their super noble radicalism and they’re basically like greenpeace

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

RabbitWizard posted:

I thought someone made a joke. But yeah, of course it's serious, it's 2018. I call my cat a "Trottel", "Voll-Depp" and "Pfosten" all the time. I guess that's hate speech?

Obviously not, as those are just made up silly sounding words

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Ularg posted:

How does he pay $20 for internet, what the gently caress?

Also a house cleaner.

Also also,

https://twitter.com/mikerugnetta/status/1076188293883150336

Good for this person I guess. I'm 25 and have no income but all of the expenses because I'm literally in pain every waking moment of my life.

What world do these people live in. I have a masters degree and no debt and the most money I’ve made in the past ten years was $10k as a TA and now I’m trying to get onto Medicare cus the marketplace flat out kicked me off their plans

Knowing that I’m statistically privileged and reflecting on the utter idiot piece of poo poo I am for getting a masters degree makes me think, wow, if I can’t empathize with these infographics, literally who the gently caress can

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

I’m mega disappointed to see Webb just sort of randomly poo poo on a children’s charity apropos of nothing. It’s like he didn’t even try to learn from Jez

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Frog Act
Feb 10, 2012

Yeah I’ve heard British media has a huge problem with anglophilia