Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

How 'bout them hawks news huh!
Well duh. Them moslems can't be trusted. What with that Sunnys and Shaits and what not, total nutcases the bunch.

Then ofc, maybe, JUST MAYBE, we get a glimpse on what people are actually running from. Suicide attack in Baghdad yesterday btw, was quickly drowned out in the news. At least 26 dead. :(

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Well they know that if they hit Nawlins' the response from the US Gov. will be long!

On second thoughts, why don't they invade Detroit?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Maker Of Shoes posted:

hahahahaha this is actually pretty great

I saw the same joke on Twitter some hours ago. Made me laugh then, as I laugh now.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The stuff about Canadians being so nice is just a weird stereotype, but as stereotypes go, being accused of being "nice" is probably one of the more tolerable ones.

I'm curious tho, what's the general consensus on us swedes? According to Polanball we're a bunch of homosexual Muslims, but I dunno if that is representative of the general picture.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tiberius Thyben posted:

Can anyone make sense of what this guy's saying?

I'm asking if there is a dumb stereotype about swedes that I should be aware about.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

^^ ah yes ofc, that totally went over my head. I'm sorry.

Maybe I'm part Canadian, eh?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

bleughmacaroni posted:

I must be a dumbass because I really don't get what I'm looking at, or what the caption means.

It's not very clear....at all, but I THINK it's meant to show how poor (as impoverished) kids are outcasts in school....or, to fit in more with this thread, how impoverished WHITE kids are outcasts in school.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

So Thursday is the international Men's Day.

I think we're in for a treat.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yes clearly the second amendment that dictates the gunrights to American citizens stopped the Holocaust that took place in Europe.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

ratbert90 posted:

Backstory as to why I'm arguing:
Boise tore down a homeless encampment a few days ago and confiscated a bunch of tents and other belongings from the homeless, and no; there was no relocation plan.

I'm not a Christian, but I volunteer at soup kitchens and homeless shelters, and try to do so at least 3 times a month.
A lot of these people are screeching that if the poor really wanted help they would just go to the homeless shelters, all the while ignoring that:
1) Many of the ones i have volunteered at are way way way overcrowded and turn away people all the time.
2) Many of these people are mentally ill, or addicts and cannot afford to get the help they need.
3) Many of the homeless shelters can be dangerous.

It's sickening to me when I see this bullshit.

You're doing your part, and for that, I say great job!

I've given away some toys and stuff for refugee Children, and I see a lot of other folks do the same. But then, here and there, you get the "I'm not a racist BUUUT" sort of guy who wants to know why we don't help poor SWEDISH Children and such. I can't help but wonder how much they themself help out these poor folks.

Any help is better than no help. Don't see why it has to be a competition.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I loved the new Star Wars, but then again, I'm not a neo-nazi.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Arguing for better representation of trans-people isn't bad thing. But doing it on the expense of other minorities is just petty. When did it become a competition to see who is the biggest victim?

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Clochette posted:

PETA clickbait. "You won't BELIEVE how this family's rescue cat was found!" (Tortured, mutilated, and killed.)

The blurred part is an image of the cat's body. I didn't think anyone would want to see it even though it's small.

I am a crazy cat man and I appreciate you blurring that part.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Picnic Princess posted:

Men are stupid and incapable of taking care of themselves. Isn't that adorable?

Tim Buckley of CAD-fame approves of this message.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Too bad I only got Swedish nut cases in my feed because I've seen some ignorant poo poo these last days. Don't be sad, 'muricans. We in Communist Sweden has our fair share of right-wing "not ALL men! Except them Moslems ofc" idiots to go around.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

We got the same kind of talk, minus the oil, because that's all yours....bastards...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yeah. As long as they look slick, they a-ok.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Suddenly it makes sense when The Hitchhikers Guide to the Galaxy noted that the most offensive word in the universe was "Belgium".

Can't get enough of them wonderful fries with mayo tho!

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

That's a common "argument" against helping beggars in Sweden nowadays. "LOOK THEY HAVE CELLPHONES. CLEARLY THEY HAVE MONEY FOR FOOD HOUSING AND THE REST OF IT".

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

subpar anachronism posted:

Don't worry, I'm pretty sure anyone else who has seen my posts in this thread does as well.

Isn't it the brain that has to shut down before you are called dead? I mean, act quickly and with the right tools, you can get a heart pumping again.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

SpliffClavin posted:

Being a man sounds boring, I think I'll pass.

Rear children?

Thanks but no thanks. Not planning to go my granddad's footsteps.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

BJPaskoff posted:

I've never had the pleasure of seeing anti-semitism in meme form before. Racism against black people and Muslims, yes, but never Jews.

I've seen Holocaust deniers use memes as evidence. They also used Schindlers List, a FEATURE FILM with deliberate artistical choices, as proof that everything was made up because the movie wasn't 100% accurate, so clearly how could we know? I dunno they are literally the worst.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

At this point my questioning about voting Republican is more a retorical one...like...whyyyyyyyyyy....

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yep, them abolitionists who helped out the slaves when the going got tough never got a single thank you.Actually I found this great site called biglies.org that says they were all mugged by the newly freed slaves. Then they forced themselves upon the new Star Wars movie.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Antisemitism on the rise is a very real problem. But many of those who blame Muslims for this would be just as willing to blame the Jews for everything bad that happens. They just get a off the hook for a while since there's a new scapegoat in town.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The US gave us Bruce Springsteen and Bob Dylan, so there's that at least.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Scarf posted:

Both awful.

Objectively wrong statement.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Henchman of Santa posted:

to be fair I didn't think anyone outside of America liked Bruce Springsteen. But also Scarf is American, and therefore incorrect about him.

I'd actually argue that Bruce has his most devoted fanbase in Europe nowadays. Though I saw him play in Newark a week ago and the Jersey crowd was on fire. But that's his homestate...

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

NachtSieger posted:

This is extremely not real, considering Margaret Sanger was sympathetic to the plight of black people.

On the other hand, white text on black background usually means it's legit. The Internet told me so.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Tesla was too wasn't he? Something his rabid fanboys tend to wave away with "yeah but Edison was an rear end in a top hat!"

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

In Sweden we had recently a case where the woman ended up admitting that the rape accusation was a lie. I'm very surprised to say that I've barely seen any MRA stuff in relation to the story.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

My dad works at Nintendo.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Perry Normal posted:

Comment on an article about a drunk driver who killed a family and will likely be sentenced to 5-8 years in jail. The commenter's profile was public so I checked it out and she seems like a pretty normal person, nothing really crazy. But, she wants mob justice.

I see these kind of things all the time. More often than not when mistreatment of animals is involved.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Lottery of Babylon posted:

IF he had actually said anything racist, let me enlighten you as to why this might be the case...

We are SICK TO DEATH of the double standard. Paula Deen can ADMIT to saying the N word 50 years ago, you know, back when it was socially acceptable, AND APOLOGIZE about a black man who MUGGED HER - and lose her cooking show and pretty much be destroyed, financially, but Bitchonce and her overrated husband can wear 'Kill Whitey' shirts and bust out some black panther poo poo at the Super Bowl and it's perfectly acceptable. Even ENCOURAGED by the leftards.

So, yeah, Obamas Amerika has created more racial bias than there ever was before and considering what's good for the goose is no longer good for the gander now, y'all can gently caress off.

Call a duck a duck and gently caress political correctness. GO TRUMP.

You gotta quote your sources, man.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

40-Degree Day posted:

Cmon guys, it's the GREATEST WAR fought by the GREATEST GENERATION.

This might be BS, but I recall hearing somewhere that Bill Clinton got some flack during his first presidential run because he was born in 1946, and couldn't possibly be mature enough to run the country if he didn't even storm a single beach in Europe first.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Yeah it's probably not real because I haven't found any mention of it when I looked for it but we all know there's some republican down in a mosquitos swamp somewhere who resent Obummer because he didn't fry any Charlie in 'Nam.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

I'm a huge Springsteen fan (not affected by the new law or the cancelled show, true) and I couldn't be prouder of my Boss. The fans gets full refunds btw, so no monetary loss for them to speak of.

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

Chris Christie is a huge fan who's been to a ton of his concerts. I think he used "We Tale Care Of Our Own" during a rally, which wasn't too appreciated.

What can I say, when a songwriter makes his lyrics all deep and give the songs ironic titles, poor ol' Emperor Reagan and his cult just don't know what's what.

Also, more on topic! I was showing my support for Bruce in this (for Americans) heated issue, when....this happened.

Up to this point there were mostly strawmen arguments and such things so it was about time we brought in the Bible I suppose.

BigglesSWE has a new favorite as of 14:36 on Apr 9, 2016

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

The Dursleys were cartoonishly evil, and most villains in the books were just as obvious. I love the HP series, I reread the last one last year, but tumblr needs to understand that some elements of the books were clearly not as well thought out as others.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

BigglesSWE
Dec 2, 2014

All them boys in Normandy were 100% happy with their lives at the time and wouldn't dream of getting out of the war if they had the chance.

I imagine the people who stand behind these types of memes regard peace talks as "unconstitutional".