Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Death to the Black Eyed Peas

'Amen' posts seem to be the New Thing right now. Almost like they're trying to provoke gobby atheists into commenting.

Tiggum posted:

The idea is dumb as well.

<INSERT NEW TECH> is stealing our <Delete as applicable> SOUL / IDENTITY / CHILDHOOD

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 08:45 on Nov 14, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Birb Katter posted:

As an Australian please don't mention this, it's very triggering.

See this is a great analogy, because literally no one swims in water where there are no lifeguards around.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

IronDoge posted:

This beauty popped up in my newsfeed.

I don't like doing weekends or nights either. I errr found myself a 9-5 desk job so I never have to.

But sure, you go off on a bitter rant if it helps.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Clochette posted:

PETA clickbait. "You won't BELIEVE how this family's rescue cat was found!" (Tortured, mutilated, and killed.)

The blurred part is an image of the cat's body. I didn't think anyone would want to see it even though it's small.

Hypocrites. That's exactly what a single cat will do to dozens of small animals every year. I don't give a poo poo, just a good way to wind up a PETA nut.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

poptart_fairy posted:

Fairly sure there's a considerable difference between an animal doing animal things and someone choosing to deliberately torture something, dude.

Oh poo poo yeah I know, I was talking the piss out of PETA because a lot of members do think owning cats is evil cos of the devastation they bring to local wildlife. To them, the two literally are equivalent.

Pretty sure they thought her argument was invalid too.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 18:53 on Dec 24, 2015

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

People with genuinely high IQs tend not to boast about it on social media.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

ToxicSlurpee posted:

That's one thing that honestly baffles me about politics in general. One single, tiny failure can completely torpedo something if it gets amplified enough. It's on the level of a butterfly flapping its wings and causing a hurricane. You might think "what does a dropped football have to do with anything?" but then next thing you know it changes the face of a major election.

Dude called Ed Milliband, the opposition leader in the UK, got plastered all over the papers eating a bacon sandwich. You know when you get a bit of fat caught in your teeth and don't quite bite a chunk off, so you have to chomp a couple more times to avoid pulling an entire bit of bacon out? Yeah, that lost him an election.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Fashionable Jorts posted:

IQ tests measure a person's ability to take an IQ test.

Yes people who are able to do things like rotate a 3D object in their mind will score higher, but that has no actual meaning on how intelligent a person is.

I think that's telekinesis, isn't it?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
So northern England is flooded to poo poo right now. Really awful.

Social media is full of people who think we should divert foreign aid to flood defences. Like there's two jars sat on the Chancellor's shelf labeled 'foreign aid' and 'flood defences', and he can only take from one and add to another. This is of course absurd (what he actually did was take out the flood defence jar and pocket the money).

Even more bizarre, there are people trying to blame immigrants. Immigrants need houses you see, which get built on flood plains. And I've seen at least one link to god's wrath (God is angry becasue we let immigrants into our country, which is funny because I'm pretty sure Jesus was just fine with that).

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

I think I went to Berroteros on one of my annual trips to the Mediterranean.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

ShadowMar posted:

The biggest gently caress up is coming up with Islamophobia as if having your country invaded by Muslim pieces of poo poo does not increase assaults and rape, as if there's no threat of terrorism and in the future civil war and government takeover.

This is too good. They're so close to realising why Islamophobia is bullshit

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Je suis fatigue posted:

I don't understand what "draw a line around" means. They say to circle something in question 5 so it's not some colloquial way to say to circle something as far as I can tell.

Draw a line around the corners of this circle.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Fatkraken posted:

BOOM

http://selfdefinition.org/science/2...last%20page.pdf

400+ impeccably researched pages of why IQ tests, crainiometry and other apparent measures of "inteligence" are bullshit and usually racist (a PDF of a real book by a good author btw, not an idiot on social media but it fits the conversation and will give you guys no end of really good ammunition in arguments if your opponent can ever be bothered to listen)

My IQ is higher than yours because I've read a book on why IQ tests are bullshit.

Fathis Munk posted:

I met a person like that irl a couple days ago.

I was in the subway and across of me were two women, one with her dog. The other one was with her family or something and every minute or so she's lean forward to look at woman-with-dog and say (addressing her family but clearly more than loud enough that the other woman could hear her) "venerate dogs but slaughter pigs? I don't get it." "I'm sure dog would taste super fine too eh?" "why do people eat pigs but like dogs? It's stupid. I bet dog sausage would be great" etc.

Seriously she must have banged out like 10 or 15 of those before I stepped out at my station. The other woman just kept ignoring her and held her dog on her lap. Probably the best way to react.

So she's saying we should eat loving anything that walks, got it.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 10:03 on Dec 30, 2015

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Fathis Munk posted:

Well she and her family were overweight so maybe you're right and I completely missed the message on that one :aaaaa:

I picture a fat hambeast, salivating over the only edible object on the train.

"We eat cows! Why can't we eat dogs? Let me look at your delicious, I mean cute dog. Some cultures eat dogs! Oh God when does this train stop, I haven't eaten in 15 minutes!"

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

cash crab posted:

Reports find that sons, however, remain completely unaffected. In other news, new findings suggest that men never file for divorce. More after the break.

Don't forget that maintaining a facade of a loving relationship for decades for the sake of your children has absolutely no negative consequences either.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

cash crab posted:

Reports find that sons, however, remain completely unaffected. In other news, new findings suggest that men never file for divorce. More after the break.

e:

Additionally:

:smith: The guy who shared this also spent Christmas eve arguing with feminists on Facebook. We've known each other for years, but this sort of poo poo depresses me.

It's my freedom of expression rights to be allowed to drive my car at children.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

brain.centipedes posted:

Same dude again. Still have no idea what his problem is.

He doesn't get invited on holidays or to parties, and seeing everyone talk about them on social media fills him with rage. Simple really.

twistedmentat posted:

I wish I could find a larger version of this
http://i.imgur.com/xu7JuWy.jpg
And it was paired with this
http://i.imgur.com/UMBB7ec.jpg

Image 1 - don't really have a problem with the government doing any of those things.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 09:30 on Jan 2, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

RFC2324 posted:

Which is still more than fair market value for making sure that people know something or other about how the world works!

The market value argument assumes the market is paying fairly. Besides, what's wrong with being happy for someone who earns a decent wage? You think teachers should earn less because you do, you bitter poo poo?

And as has been said, teachers get paid gently caress all. Professional trainers and coaches however can earn a fortune.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Danyull posted:

My dear cousin in Tennessee

:heritage:

It was within the bus driver's rights to segregate black people, that's the whole loving point you moron. He didn't have to demonstrate 'need' either, funnily enough.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

goose fleet posted:

SHARE if you AGREE

Welfare fraud is perfectly legal? Who knew?

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 09:54 on Jan 3, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Elblanco posted:

Yes, because there's no difference between a modern jetliner and a WWII era prop powered bomber. I knew truthers were dumb, but drat, this is bad.

poo poo, the WTC probably was made of lighter flimsier materials. It would have to be to allow for the extra height and flex required for tall buildings.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 16:14 on Jan 3, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

You mean men made women cook for all those centuries when they knew how all along? rear end holes.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
Ok guys, men can cook, we get it.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Krispy Kareem posted:

So how many militia members are we talking about? I've heard estimates ranging from 15 to 150. Regardless of how stupid they may be, it's not easy to provision that many men on short notice. Odds are some of them were very prepared, but all their supplies are now being divided up between people who came wearing wife-beaters and carrying a case of beer.

There's too much poo poo around for me to find the original source, but I think they claimed they had 150 men, which is more than likely bullshit.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Elderbean posted:

Something that has nothing to do with feminism in feminism's fault.

Child care is loving expensive, she's probably at least doubling her money by doing away with it. Think it's a great idea. Bit dull for the kid though.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Scathach posted:

"I really don't like having kids or being a mom, so as soon as my husband (who I probably call "hubby") walks through the door I run like gently caress, leaving the kids home with him and treating the neighbors to a bouncing fat show (I never liked cooking decent food, either.)."

But...she's outside and running away from a car. Is she running towards the house? Is that her hubby coming out of the car, or some guy she's nailing?

The only thing I can think of that makes sense is that she's left the kids at home on their own while she's nailing the guy in the car. Her husband is due back any minute, so she's running back to the house to make it look like she was there all along

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

He spelled 'sheeple' wrong.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Cosima posted:

Oh yeah Julie Rhame? You heard he rubbed onions under his eyes did you? From who? Did the guy in charge of handing Obama some last minute notes catch him in the act and blast off quick a fb message to your aunt Ruth post haste?

Let's break down this accusation. You are saying that Obama faked tears for children murdered by guns. Why would he need to fake tears? Because he doesn't actually give a poo poo, that they died so nuts could own guns? Isn't that exactly what they want?

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

DudeGoofyGuy posted:

I bet they think the tears are fake because they think he organized the Sandy Hook shooting. If you didn't know that Sandy Hook truthers exist and are known for harassing the families of the deceased children, demanding the truth, then I have some sad news for you.

God bless America.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

DemeaninDemon posted:

On women in the military:

Following a woman's trail of period blood is a well known tracking technique.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

scorpiobean posted:

If only firefighters had guns

I have a mental image of a bunch of brain dead read necks and wannabe cowboys surrounding a burning house, firing their guns at it at, and looking puzzled as to why it's not working.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

subpar anachronism posted:

Considering how heavily armed he is the last part is definitely true.

Still harping on the Obama crying over the death of children thing

Money for everyone! :downs:

GIS what a real 12 week foetus looks like. If you'd rather not, just picture a large white jelly baby with black eyes.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

goose fleet posted:

I'm pretty sure the 1/64th "Irish" in America get pretty offended when you point that out to them when they suddenly remember it on St. Patrick's Day

If I was Irish I'd get probably get pretty sick of non-Irish people using St Patrick's day as an excuse to wear stupid green hats and drink Guinness all night, like that's all there is to Irish culture. In England, St Patrick's day is bigger than the English equivalent St George's day, just because it's an excuse to drink.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

oldpainless posted:

I agree, nothing was Germany's fault

Hitler was just trying to get a valid point across, but the Allies denied him his right to free speech.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Torchlighter posted:

Okay so an inflammatory post to start. Let's see the bites.

Welcome Red, who'll be providing us with the important information that Straight White Men have it the worst of all.

Also green, who drops a single, solitary thought before disappearing. Did I mention I know these two IRL? :doh:

But the best is yet to come: Upon being told that someone doesn't see the same things, but does their best to call out things:

I mean, clearly the systemic discrimination against males has gone too far! But who will stand up for those poor, defenceless men?

How loving retarded do you have to be to think the colour variations of Baa Baa Black Sheep are anything other than fun variations.

Baa Baa Pink Sheep, have you any spots?
Yes sir, yes sir, lots and lots.
Some on my fingers
Some on my toes
And some on the end of my little pink nose.

Clearly about race, not at all teaching kids creative variation of words.

I made up a racially inclusive version on Twitter and someone believed me.

Also - if you have to 'put a filter on everything you say' you're probably an rear end hole. Read a book, maybe rethink your attitude.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 15:25 on Jan 15, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Responses entirely in emojis, cos they're illiterate

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

It's white history month again!
Please, please let me sleep!

Orange Fluffy Sheep posted:

I mean, granted, the daughter of London-based dentists being black is kinda remote, but when a major aspect of the character in the larger narrative is proving the evil wizard racists wrong, complaining about her race is a bit out there.

London has a huge non-white population, as does the British medical profession. I'd say there's a good chance that Harmione is black.

EvilGenius has a new favorite as of 09:31 on Jan 17, 2016

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Wanamingo posted:

Telling people they shouldn't shake their babies isn't going to be 100% effective? Better not try at all, I guess.

It's probably just as likely that someone will see it and go 'hey, what a simple and effective way to murder a baby'.

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006
"Can you show me your ID, sir?"
"I don't need to, I'm already drunk"

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

EvilGenius
May 2, 2006

Not true at all. In most European countries a significant chunk of the population can speak fluent English as a second language. In most tourist spots around the world, you'll rarely need to use the native language.