Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
distortion park
Apr 25, 2011

go

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

4 letters

oh no blimp issue
Feb 23, 2011

mine begin with E so im better than you

Zaxxon
Feb 14, 2004

Wir Tanzen Mekanik
FYGM

Symbolic Butt
Mar 22, 2009

(_!_)
Buglord

I can't read the yellow for poo poo

SmokaDustbowl
Feb 12, 2001

by vyelkin
Fun Shoe

Symbolic Butt posted:

I can't read the yellow for poo poo

I think it says samsung

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
Personality types are really cool. You do a test to find yours and then it says a million things about you and its like "WHOOOOAA all that stuff is right"

http://www.16personalities.com/personality-types

pram
Jun 10, 2001
u got autism

hackbunny
Jul 22, 2007

I haven't been on SA for years but the person who gave me my previous av as a joke felt guilty for doing so and decided to get me a non-shitty av
guess mine

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

entj

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
i've been min-maxing my myers-briggs and now i have the most powerful build of all

Peanut and the Gang
Aug 24, 2009

by exmarx
I've gotten strong stats in Introversion by avoiding people as much as humanly possibly, and in Perceiving by procrastinating all day everyday.

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA
a good article http://digg.com/2015/myers-briggs-secret-history

quote:

Yet though her creation is everywhere, Myers and the details of her life's work are curiously absent from the public record. Not a single independent biography is in print today. Not one article details how Myers, an award-winning mystery writer who possessed no formal training in psychology or sociology, concocted a test routinely deployed by 89 of the Fortune 100 companies, the US government, hundreds of universities, and online dating sites like Perfect Match, Project Evolove and Type Tango. And not one expert in the field of psychometric testing, a $500 million industry with over 2,500 different tests on offer in the US alone, can explain why Myers-Briggs has so thoroughly surpassed its competition, emerging as a household name on par with the Atkins Diet or The Secret.

Less obvious at first, and then wholly undeniable, is how hard the present-day guardians of the type indicator work to shield Myers's personal and professional history from critical scrutiny. For the foundation, as well as for its for-profit-research-arm, the Center for Applications of Psychological Type (CAPT), this means keeping journalists far away from Myers's notebooks, correspondences and research materials, which are stored in the Special Collections division of the University of Florida library. Although they are technically the property of the university — thus open to the public — Myers's papers require permission from CAPT to access; permission that has not been granted to anyone1 in the decade since the papers were donated to the university by Myers's granddaughter, Katharine Hughes. Twice I was warned by the university librarian, a kind and rueful man, that CAPT was "very invested in protecting Isabel's image." Why her image should need protection, I did not yet understand.

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Peanut and the Gang posted:

I've gotten strong stats in Introversion by avoiding people as much as humanly possibly, and in Perceiving by procrastinating all day everyday.
my real life S.P.E.C.I.A.L. stats

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
STEB

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

lol florida

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

this christmas feels like the very first christmas to me
:shittydog::shittydog::shittydog:
is there a way to respec my M-B loadout dawgs?

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

put all my skill points into the wrong category and now i have a tech job :(

Hammerite
Mar 9, 2007

And you don't remember what I said here, either, but it was pompous and stupid.
Jade Ear Joe
it is a bit passe how whenever the forums has a thread about mbti everyone piles in to post funy four letter acronyms that arent actual mbti types. but its better than literally every other internet forum where if mbti is brought up the entire forum makes posts saying "im intj. oh wow so is everyone else here! amaze"

Bhodi
Dec 9, 2007

Oh, it's just a cat.
Pillbug
ftge

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

whats good about being intj

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

Hammerite posted:

it is a bit passe how whenever the forums has a thread about mbti everyone piles in to post funy four letter acronyms that arent actual mbti types. but its better than literally every other internet forum where if mbti is brought up the entire forum makes posts saying "im intj. oh wow so is everyone else here! amaze"
i always get infj, intj, infp, or intp

never stays the same whenever i take it

angry_keebler
Jul 16, 2006

In His presence the mountains quake and the hills melt away; the earth trembles and its people are destroyed. Who can stand before His fierce anger?
my personality is i like to bake cool cakes that look like a big turtle or a spaceship or something but then i don't eat them because cake isn't good for me because i'm a grownup so i eat vegetables and other healthy stuff

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

one thing a computer can do that most humans can't is be sealed up in a cardboard box and sit in a warehouse
Slippery Tilde

bobbilljim posted:

whats good about being intj

intjelligence

bobbilljim
May 29, 2013

im goign to take all the intjs lunch money

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge
sometimes i come back from a vacation and feel really good about myself and score as an extrovert

big scary monsters
Sep 2, 2011

-~Skullwave~-
they say your type doesnt change but what about after half a bottle of whisky??

fart simpson
Jul 2, 2005

DEATH TO AMERICA
:xickos:

Phoenixan posted:

i always get infj, intj, infp, or intp

never stays the same whenever i take it

do you have multiple personality disorder?

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

big scary monsters posted:

they say your type doesnt change but what about after half a bottle of whisky??
the tool of choice for people with badly managed anxiety disorders

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

Phoenixan posted:

the tool of choice for people with badly managed anxiety disorders

people with properly managed anxiety disorders smoke weed instead.

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
I scored inconclusive on the voight-kampff

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

atsm

duTrieux.
Oct 9, 2003

seriously though anybody who takes this poo poo seriously is one step away from having their horoscopes done

akadajet
Sep 14, 2003

i scored fckg

NoneMoreNegative
Jul 20, 2000
GOTH FASCISTIC
PAIN
MASTER

shit wizard dad

duTrieux. posted:

seriously though anybody who takes this poo poo seriously is one step away from having their horoscopes done

:thumbsup:

Phoenixan
Jan 16, 2010

Just Keep Cool-idge

akadajet posted:

i scored fckg
what about fkgw

H.P. Hovercraft
Jan 12, 2004

Slippery Tilde
dvda

Silver Alicorn
Mar 30, 2008

𝓪 𝓻𝓮𝓭 𝓹𝓪𝓷𝓭𝓪 𝓲𝓼 𝓪 𝓬𝓾𝓻𝓲𝓸𝓾𝓼 𝓼𝓸𝓻𝓽 𝓸𝓯 𝓬𝓻𝓮𝓪𝓽𝓾𝓻𝓮

The Management posted:

I scored inconclusive on the voight-kampff

epic reference

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Sham bam bamina!
Nov 6, 2012

ƨtupid cat
i am exceptionally triggered by the listing of voight-kampff as a "personality test" along with the one from divergent as an example of the mbti's influence

good article overall but fuuuuuuuck youuuuuuuu merve :whitewater:

Sham bam bamina! fucked around with this message at 05:56 on Nov 12, 2015

• Locked thread