Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i play

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
poo poo i misread the title and thought this had to do with pizza rolls

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

The optimal strategy is to just vote for whomever, without any concern for organization, right?

as long as you arent voting for my organization (hot pockets)

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
canadian beer is just american beer with a moose on the bottle

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
or a lovely leaf

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
beer owns

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
i havnt

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
wow most uncouth

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
same

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
someone from the majority alliance tell me who to vote, and then use me to turn on your peers

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
remember the simpsons when grandpa simpson was in a tontine with mr burns, why was mr burns so desperate for that treasure, he was rich, and why did grandpa simpson involve a elementry school child in the tontine adventure, that seems irresponsible

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

Someone form an alliance with me instead. I'm trustworthy!

they can bring us both on board why are you so selfish

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Meinberg should be the unanimous vote to die for his rude tude

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Thats very triggering to me

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Meinberg has to die for his rudeness

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Also you've activated my trap card

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Id also like to thank everyone who advised me of Meinbergs deceitful plans

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
shut up worm food

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Is deadline in 6 hours or 30 hours?

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Somberbrero posted:

Midnight Saturday, sorry.

Yah but does that mean tonight at 12 its saturday and midnight or its friday and midnight even though its technically saturday

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Hal Incandenza posted:

Way to pick the only confusing time possible somber

I used to make deadlines in mafia games at 11:59PM to avoid that confusion

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
:ghost:

Kashuno posted:

:ghost:you are all jerks with no sense of honor:ghost:
:ghost:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

jon joe posted:

That's because you died before you could become dishonorable.

:ghost: he died trying to murder me, the one with no blood on his hands:ghost:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Meinberg posted:

:ghost:Says the man who murdered me!:ghost:

:ghost: self defense bitch :ghost:

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
Just my opinion, but I really feel like being allowed to divy out the gold after a round very much goes against the idea of this game. Did JJ see the values on the gold before it was divied out?

Also I think it will really make this game drag on way past the point of being fun

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

JakeP posted:

Just my opinion, but I really feel like being allowed to divy out the gold after a round very much goes against the idea of this game. Did JJ see the values on the gold before it was divied out?

Also I think it will really make this game drag on way past the point of being fun

To elaborate on this a bit, the game is clearly set up as a game of deception and distrust, and private information that no one else is privy to, as well as your classic Prisoners Dilema to end a standoff. The game also features a catchup mechanic in that distrust should be build up among people betraying each other, and players do not know the ammount of points each other have, so players would be less inclined to let a player with bricks have the opportunity to win multiple rounds. Allowing players to redistribute bricks takes away the "secret" of which bricks does a player have so points are more known to a select few, but also encourages a group to completely single out the rest of the game, and run the show together, because no one is ever in a position to win until very late game when half of the game has 3-5 bricks and the other half is just the minority throughout the game.

I really think we should go back to day 1 and redo the prisoners dilema portion of it, or if not, take away the bricks and redistribute 4 random bricks to Jon Joe as the round winner.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
I mean at this point this isnt the game that I signed up to play, and this house rule makes the game more frustrating than fun

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
feels more like a lovely episode of Liar Game than a tontine

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

FoxTerrier posted:

Jake the gold distribution was OK'd by the GM. If you want to see about forbidding such moves in future rounds then OK, but canceling or re-doing actions that have already taken place with GM approval would be not cool (at all).

And to comment on this, I think it would be way less cool to change the rule but to allow round 1s result to still exist as it is, and even less cool to continue with this rule in place at all.

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy
The fact of the matter is you 4 should have been forced to conspire against each other last round and incite distrust in each other, and being allowed to team up and split the bricks takes this aspect away and makes it far easier for you all to work together this round, and future rounds.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

JakeP
Apr 27, 2003

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
Lipstick Apathy

Opopanax posted:

Except that JJ could have totally betrayed them, so there's still that element

Except that at this point in the game it is very against his best interest to do so. This strategy lets a group of players get a headstart before they ever need to work against each other.

• Locked thread