Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Could at least flip one or two, maybe.
:siren:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

quote:

Epicurius is skipped and takes no action.

Round 11

A new age dawns. With it came new rules, new regulations; the heavens churned and warped around as mystical energies shot from the "sky," life rather explosively coming into being across the planet. So to did, well, living; suddenly creatures felt the need to eat, consume the life that had just popped into being around them. Both were seen as completely natural, artisical elements shifting before their very eyes to accommodate. Never let it be said the gods weren't thorough!

Of course, this meant little to you. You sat and waited, patiently letting them do their magic. Gods were very, very patient beings, after all.

14,13 houses a volcano which spews out magical crystals and energies.
33,25 holds a crashed meteorite which is arcane in makeup.
It is said the north eastern desert contains a sprawling underground...
It is said at 12,21 there is a grand tree, always bearing magical fruit that heals all ails.

The Radiant exists within the world, an avatar of the powerful divine. (Rakosky)

The Bright Ones exist, lingering out beneath the waves... They are Beige. Their most powerful and wise are known for their charming, hyponotic "magic," while the Knights of the Current champion out from their reef. However, they have a -2 alignment... (Rakosky, Paradox )
The feral Qud'xu hunt in the jungle-delta, preying on various creatures within. They are mountain brown. (Tempus, )
The Chrr, some crude amalgamation of any blue-color spectrum Blizzard fantasy species, reside out in the northern isle, making their home on the relatively narrow basin between mountain and sea. (Josef)

Tempus Rimeblood 18
paradoxGentleman 28
Josef bugman 16 +++
JesterofAmerica 27
rakovsky maybe 13 +
Epicurius 28
+ is merely a mark for the bonus point(s) for me

If Epicurius doesn't post within twenty four hours of the last other user they will be replaced! Probably just be me, effort.

The Second Age is here! This means new pricing on powers. Now, shifting the lands takes more, while creating life is quite cheap. It's the age of races, after all. Quite a delay there, huh?

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

Pictured: Poster prepares to celebrate Holy Communion (probablY)

This avatar made possible by a gift from the Religionthread Posters Relief Fund
Command Race- for 4 points Order the Chrr to found the first land based city in 06.04 and call it "Seaheim"

Command Race- For 4 points Order the Chrr to create a new divine order based around the study of bones and entrails. They are called Augurs and must never eat any meat, must be ritually "clean" and can include members from either gender.

Create Race- For 6 points- Create a race of Giants. Most are about 15-20 feet in height, with some reaching truly stupendous heights in old age. They live in the mountainous regions to the south of the great desert, herding large flocks of their storm sheep and living in settled family groups of between 10 and 20. They are generally peacable and have little desire for weaponry at the moment, but some appear to possess a great deal of interest about the movements of the stars and heavens.

Giants go in 29.08

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Create Race- 6 Points: Twenies (sing Tweny)
Physcial: These being are at tallest 3cm. However to make up for this lack of stature the Twenies are able to fly and their bodily fluids are narcotic/hallucinogenic. Twenies are omnivorous but the diet is made up mostly of berries found while scavenging. They repedouce through the use of external fertilization (think frogs/fish) and are sequential hermaphrodites (think clownfish). They are commonly found in family groups of 100 as their size often make them an easily meal for larger predators.

Command Race: 4 Points: The Twenies create the city Safol in tile 15.15. Asking for empire color red

Advance City: 5 Points: The Twenies begin to experiment with the crystal found from the volcanic activity

Create Race: 6 Points: Inks (yes splatoon, shut up)
Physical: These rainbow colored creatures can shift between the two forms pictured bellow. The are amphibious. The darker the coloration the more likely the Ink will have originated from deep seas. Inks are usually only found in groups of three. Inks tend to graviate towards other species more than their own. Inks are terrible parent and abandon the eggs as soon as they are laid. Inks do not have vocal cords instead they relay communication through psychic pulses. Found in 6.22

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 20:56 on Dec 23, 2015

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Create Race for 6

Taurik

Taurik race along the savannahs and grasslands east of the mountain range in loose nomadic tribes. They consider the great river that winds through the area to be holy. Taurik are constantly warring with each other over matters of honor but their combats are largely symbolic in nature and few serious casualties are ever taken. With outsiders they tend to be much less forgiving. Created in 23.10 if you need an exact spot

Command Avatar for 1

The Radiant uses its Command Order ability on the Bright Ones to have them settle a city along the reef at 20.27.

Advance Civilization for 5

The Bright Ones' mesmerism has allowed them to keep the perform animal husbandry at a very accelerated rate, since they can completely control the behaviors of the beasts in their care. As a result, the Bright Ones can now quickly breed animals for dedicated purposes. Daggersharks - bred for sped and aggression - defend their reefs. Glidefish sail through the water and air to spy for the Bright Ones. And Warcrabs venture onto land to bring back news of that alien world to their masters.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
Oops, sorry. I thought I had posted I was skipping my turn. I must not have (which led to me skipping my turn anyway).

Create Race for 6 in 13:23

Anyway, while you all are being creative with your species, I'm making Elves. That's right, elves. Forest dwelling creatures who try to live in harmony with nature and are better than you in every way

Also:

Create Race for 6 in 24:06

These are the Graelik

They're a matriarchal clan based race that lives at the edges of the icy tundra. hunting the animals that live there. They're largely peaceful and live in harmony with each other, for the most part. They're normally quadrupeds, but can stand, walk, and even run on their back two legs, which is useful, because their front legs end in hands. This lets them manipulate objects and build tools, and they're known as tool builders.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

wheres the jester, I could do with some pointless nonsense right about now

Command Order (3) to have a detachment of Knights of the Currents travel far enough from its native reefs to escape the dread control of their Radiant overlord and find the strenght of will to escape the instincts to return home that it doubtlessly implanted in them.

Create Race (6) to actually create a new civilization of Bright Ones, camping on 27.27 for now, their hovels stretching from the reef to the island. Theirs was a long journey indeed.

Purify this new civ (3) to steer them towards respect for the rights of the individual ,the sanctity of one's own mind and wishes and at the same time a focus on the community as a whole rather than the individual, as a way of rebelling against their former masters. While they abhor mind control, they do still breed and raise animals to help them with various tasks. The lack of mind control means it takes more time, but their animals live longer.

The name that these individuals use for themselves can loosely be translated as "Star Children".

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Gonna Command Racethe Qud'Xu, having them expand their civilization and create another city at 27.12. This city is called Del'Tagh, in the tongue of the Qud'Xu.

In addition, I'd like to Purify (3 points) the Qud'Xu, representing their harmony with nature and dedication to peace.

EDIT: Removed third action, I misread some stuff.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Round 12

With the host of life on the world came the gods' own creations, too, molded into being and handplaced here and there, goaded into sustenance. While in ordinary nature species would certainly die out, if not flat out come into existence in the first place, but this was a created world, with created rules. Gods oversaw things silently, subconsciously, granting boons without even recognizing it. While few of these created species began to bind together in civilizations, the continent was none the less beginning to dot with settlements, both petty, temporary ones and growing, sprawling ones alike. Conflict even began to arise, though deep under the waves. Things were taking shape...

It is said at 12,21 there is a grand tree, always bearing magical fruit that heals all ails.

The Radiant exists within the world, an avatar of the powerful divine. (Rakosky)

The Bright Ones posted:

Under the waves lies one of the first species on the world, known as the Bright Ones. However, despite their ancient ways these unhumanoid creatures aren't capable of language, instead having a deep, complex method of communication through their bio-luminescence and tentacle body language. However, this hermaphrodic species has learned how to use these signals as a form of hypnosis on petty creatures - and intelligent ones, including each other. Particularly powerful, ancient Ones are capable of enthralling great swathes of their own people, these Dominators becoming the rulers of the species forever more in such a pathetically short amount of time.

The primary civilization is the titular and formative Ones, eeking out life along the coral reefs in the relative southwest. Tan in color, they are shockingly corrupt due to the Dominator's influencing, at -2 of -3. The Knights of the Currents, Ones mounted on enthralled sea creatures, scout and control the surrounding oceans. The Avatar The Radiant lingers among these people, while the godlings Rakosky and Paradox have sects and power here.

Another fledgling offshoot exists in the form of the Star Children, a scion of the Knights who fled the growing empire. They require a color! Shunning their origins as manipulative dominators, they're forces of good in the world at +1 purity. Paradox has power over these people.

Qud'xu posted:

There are always stories of monstrous, shambling creatures in the jungles and forests of any world, groaning and preying on travelers. The feral Qud'xu These shifting, transforming creatures prey on other living things vampirically, barely anything more then run around creatures. Despite this, they have adopted some showing of civilization among each other, massive gatherings lingering around the swamplands. They are mountain brown. Despite their foundings, they're one with nature and the land around them, making them shockingly... pure. (+1) Tempus empowers them.

The Chrr posted:

There is little to say about The Chrr. Mammoth and long living, these humanoids have only recently begun to band together in the form of stable civilization. Despite that, already they have a religious order, the Augars, vegetarians who strive to be clean in body and soul. They are Purple. Both the order and civilization are lorded over by Josef.

Giants posted:

There are many forms of Giants in the universe - even Amarath alone! Here, however, these (even more) mammoth creatures are unorganized as a species, wandering in hunter-gather groups in peace and obscurity. They require a color! They were brought into being by Josef.

Twenies posted:

Fairies sometimes unionize in the realm. Sometimes band together in their already massive gatherings in the form of a civilization, keeping each other safe from larger predators - like, well, everything. Curiosity is a rampant trait, leading to them tinkering and experimenting on the magic spewed from the local volcano, empowering them. They are colored red and controlled by Jester.

Taurik posted:

These centaurs roam the plains, militaristic yet rather non-lethal with one another. However, this becomes outright hostile aggression in a fit of xenophobia with anything else. They are herded by Rakosky.

Elves posted:

Elf.

Graelik posted:

My nightmares.

Tempus Rimeblood 15
paradoxGentleman 21
Josef bugman 8 +++
JesterofAmerica 17
rakovsky maybe 10 ++
Epicurius 19

Can't make an order with create race, you need create order for that Joe! But you still have a wallet for the extra whole two points, so it's fine. On the flipside, due to the fact their aquatic in nature and thus have very... little spots they can really exist on this map, I'll consider the Star Children a create subrace command despite the distance.

For some reason the program aggressively did not want to export an image file today, so it will come with the next update. Four cities were painted.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Command Race- 4 Points. The Inks create the "city" of Sign Post in 6.22, color white

Corrupt Race- 3 Points. The Inks develop into a mercenary culture of raiding and hedonistic partying

Create Order- 6 Points The Order of Clowns is created in Safol. The order represents a bacchanalian religion based around partying and exploring as much as possible because you never when your time will be up. As a side effect to create new party favors they are the foremost expert in crystal research

Purify Race- 3 points Twenies love of parties develops into a happy-go-lucky live and let live nature

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 03:30 on Dec 21, 2015

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
Gonna Create a Subrace of the Qud'Xu.

Within the deltas and mangrove swamps, the Qud'Xu roam and develop. Soon, though, a bizarre mutation began to develop itself. Qud'Xu grew from the swamps, hardier and stiffer, less malleable, but with skin like the bark of the trees around them. These new children of the Qud'Xu are called the Ter'Ents, and they have grown alongside their forefathers to live in the area.

They are less mobile than the Qud'Xu, but are renowned as being builders, some even devoting themselves to being living structures for Qud'Xu and local wildlife to live in.

Commanding them to Create City, neighboring The Green. This city will be called Ent'Ath, and is composed of venerable Ter'Ent who have given their bodies to become intelligent, living buildings, forming a vast, sweeping landscape of trees.

Final command will be to purify the Qud'Xu once more, as they and the Ter'Ents seek to promote the natural order and peace of existence.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

OOC: Whoops, could we make the giants black? That'd be brilliant!

Command Race 4 points Commanding the Chrr to create a second city, this one in the mountains of 08.04. This new city, called Skyheim, exploits some of the metals of the upper regions, and may provide useful metals to many of the people of the rest of the world, should they ever come into contact.

Command Race 4 points Commanding the Giants to begin to build the worlds largest observatory in square 29.10. Within which many hundreds of gigantic scrolls are drawn of the movements of the heavens, the giants use them to gain all manner of information about what they should do with their lives and become fascinated by the creation of constelations.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I was thinking "bright yellow" for the Star Children, to show that they are of the same race of the Bright Ones; if that is too confusing just make them red.

I would like to create a huge frog, with a beautiful mantle of multicolored eyes on her back, to live on the island at the center of the internal sea and its surrounding shores; assuming the creation of such an unique, timeless being (for I would like it not to die as long as the sea is reasonably healthy) counts as an Event, this costs me 7 points.

I also would like to Command the Star Children to build an hybrid city of coral and reefs on 31.23.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Pretty much anything non-standard counts as an event or cataclysm, with the latter being a little obvious, so you're good.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
I was wondering creating on how to create an event that would lead to the civilizations becoming closer in contact for next turn. I was think of making it that there is a random chance for submerged being to be randomly teleported but I feel like thats a bit to finicky, any suggestions?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Hm. Well, you could just do an event that... has the civilizations come into contact with one another. You do have that power, no need to "nudge." That said, the map isn't filled out enough yet (Most don't actually have cities...) so it might be worth it to sit on it, in my opinion. I would keep building the world before rubbing sandcastles together, no one has gone spawning in armies or anything yet after all. Like a jerk.

There will be a sick money bonus incentive next round for something, as an aside.

and I gotta admit gang, the part two/continuation might be a little shaky without humans being prevalent ultimately

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
I am clearly the god of traditional fantasy tropes, as the rest of you are all making Cthulhu and Splatoons and all that such. So, I'm doing it. I'm pulling the trigger. I'm making a new race:

Create Race-6 points

Humans

Basically elves with shorter lives and ear lobules. If you need to know more, look in the mirror. Starting them in 16:09.

Command Race-4 points

Elves to build a city in 12:20

Command Race-4 Points

Graelik to freak out Gamerofthegame, and also build a city in 24:06

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Did the Command Radiant to Create City at 20.27 action from last turn not work? Other than that question I'm just sitting on my points this round.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

rakovsky maybe posted:

Did the Command Radiant to Create City at 20.27 action from last turn not work? Other than that question I'm just sitting on my points this round.

It did, but there Gamerofthegame mentioned how the map wouldn't update, so it's going to be plonked in next time.

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Round 13

:sassargh: Shirts! Argh! Everyone receives an additional eight credits! Epiricus gains an additional three for fulfilling a request.

Time moved so fast, still. Granted, to the gods such as yourselves you could merely blink and the world was ready for your next move. It did make keeping track of things rather difficult, outside of grand, sweeping methods. It also meant that the actions of other divine became confusing at best, easy to miss - such as when a new species shoved its way into another civilizations influence like a parasite! Or how a grand, celestial predator was molded next to your precious! Or elves!

When the Inklings settled into their stretch of reef, they did so rather bombastically. The somber, mellow and all together puppeted Bright Ones, dimly trying to eek out a living in the slowly colonized "villages" were pretty much bowled over by the horde of kids/squids, thrown into disarray yet not resisting, surrendering the land and fleeing back "home." The Bright Ones were already in such a great disarray after a huge portion of their noble "knights" broke free of their geas, leading to the Dominators focusing on pushing their will on those that remained. Neither side was truly ready to engage the other in some form of grisly combat, lacking armies and all that, but the situation was tense.

Born from the fiery retch of the grand, magical volcano, the Great Frog rumbled out an island-shaking croak, which ultimately lead to the Order of Clowns coming to power; "What was that? Let's find out!" They did. A few got eaten. Tasty fairies. Suddenly the Twenies, the happy go-lucky things, were in absolute chaos as this grand titan of a creature loomed within their "borders," being to clever unlike actual-frogs to fall for their tricks. Something had to be done. Perhaps the volcanic research would find an answer? Maybe it'd be like Yoshi's Island and they could tussle with a digestive system! Maybe they'll all die. Who knows?

The Elves, meanwhile, found a great windfall within their woods; a mystical tree. This grand thing always had food for them and this food was always so... satisifying. It didn't take long for elven kind to figure out it had a healing effect. Really, these people never did emerge from "hunter-gathers;" and why need to with such a grand, endless boon beside them, rife for abuse

All the while, the other species of the world moved across the world; the Giants caused the Divine Painters to flail and hurry as they dotted the sky, getting a little... sloppy. Humanity existed, as it always did. Life moved on, though the world was still so fresh...

Intrigue! Events or catastrophes (benign or otherwise in the case of the former) cost only three credits concerning the Twenies and their neighboring Giant gently caress Off Celestial Immortal Frog Who Probably Finds The Tiny Fuckers Tasty or the Bright Ones and immediately neighboring Inklings or how the Elves interact with the Grand Tree their neighbor. There is a catch! If you are associated with either party (Created the race/event, have power there) the power costs the full amount, still. Oh dear!

The Giants build a massive observatory at 29,10. It has a record of all the constellations in the sky... and is constantly updated when they curiously get shuffled around.

The Bright Ones posted:

Under the waves lies one of the first species on the world, known as the Bright Ones. However, despite their ancient ways these unhumanoid creatures aren't capable of language, instead having a deep, complex method of communication through their bio-luminescence and tentacle body language. However, this hermaphrodic species has learned how to use these signals as a form of hypnosis on petty creatures - and intelligent ones, including each other. Particularly powerful, ancient Ones are capable of enthralling great swathes of their own people, these Dominators becoming the rulers of the species forever more in such a pathetically short amount of time.

The primary civilization is the titular and formative Ones, eeking out life along the coral reefs in the relative southwest. Tan in color, they are shockingly corrupt due to the Dominator's influencing, at -2 of -3. The Knights of the Currents, Ones mounted on enthralled sea creatures, scout and control the surrounding oceans. The Avatar The Radiant lingers among these people, while the godlings Rakosky and Paradox have sects and power here.

Another fledgling offshoot exists in the form of the Star Children, a scion of the Knights who fled the growing empire. They are cactus gold! Why is cactus gold who knows. Shunning their origins as manipulative dominators, they're forces of good in the world at +1 purity. Paradox has power over these people.

Qud'xu posted:

There are always stories of monstrous, shambling creatures in the jungles and forests of any world, groaning and preying on travelers. The feral Qud'xu These shifting, transforming creatures prey on other living things vampirically, barely anything more then run around creatures. Despite this, they have adopted some showing of civilization among each other, massive gatherings lingering around the swamplands. They are mountain brown. Despite their foundings, they're one with nature and the land around them, making them shockingly... pure. (+2) Tempus empowers them.

The Ter'ents are something of an off-shoot of the original, some bio-engineering symbiotic thing. These massive, lumbering things grow into the land itself, being much less people and more sentient constructions. The eldest, anyway. They are volcano orange, while Tempus engineers them.

The Chrr posted:

There is little to say about The Chrr. Mammoth and long living, these humanoids have only recently begun to band together in the form of stable civilization. Despite that, already they have a religious order, the Augars, vegetarians who strive to be clean in body and soul. They are Purple. Both the order and civilization are lorded over by Josef.

Giants posted:

There are many forms of Giants in the universe - even Amarath alone! Here, however, these (even more) mammoth creatures are unorganized as a species, wandering in hunter-gather groups in peace and obscurity. These massive creatures are considered scholars, their first efforts as a civilization not to band together in society, but to map the stars. Curious. They are black. They were brought into being by Josef.

Twenies posted:

Fairies sometimes unionize in the realm. Sometimes band together in their already massive gatherings in the form of a civilization, keeping each other safe from larger predators - like, well, everything. Curiosity is a rampant trait, leading to them tinkering and experimenting on the magic spewed from the local volcano, empowering them. The Order of Clowns exists within their bastion, Safol. This religious sect champions, well, partying, though as well as exploring the world around them feverishly, as time is short. While some divine might be a little suspicious of this claim, by all accounts they're on the up and up; they just want to have a good time! +1. They are colored red and controlled by Jester.

Inklings posted:

The Inklings are just a kid now. Much like kids, though, they're petty little hedonists! -1.

Taurik posted:

These centaurs roam the plains, militaristic yet rather non-lethal with one another. However, this becomes outright hostile aggression in a fit of xenophobia with anything else. They are herded by Rakosky.

Elves posted:

Elf. They are Campfires for now.

Graelik posted:

My nightmares.

Tempus Rimeblood 18
paradoxGentleman 24
Josef bugman 15 +++
JesterofAmerica 13 +
rakovsky maybe 21 ++
Epicurius 13

The promised Credit Incentive! There will be a few here on out, each at different costs. The rules of the incentive are pretty simple; nominate a name for whatever the incentive is this round, but only one per post! You have to wait for someone else to put in a nomination before making another one. These are going to all be names, probably.

Starting out, let's get Regional Names! Such as the Blank Ocean, Blank Mountains and so forth. Go nuts. Each nomination will get you a blistering +5 bonus points each. You can't put a nomination that someone already did, so pay attention. Throw down the hex-number of the general region, too. (Just one will do.)

Each city also has to have a name, but no incentive will be given. Please give names to your cities, if any, in your orders post. If you already put a name in then... list it anyway, geez.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Are the credits in addition to the points listed bellow?

MERRY CHRISTMAS OR WHATEVER WINTER HOLIDAY EVERYONE!

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Yes, it's already been factored in.

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

...why is it so important that we develop humanity?

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Ok thanks.

Create Avatar- 7 Points

The Big Squid

Out of the Border tensions with the Bright Ones a single Inkling become renowned for her divine skill during the first approach. Using her new-found popularity she catpulted herself into the de-facto leader of the Inklings.

Corrupt Civ-3 Points
The Big Squid's influence has lead to an increase in the militaristic culture of the Inklings.

I regret nothing

Cities
Twenies-Safol
Inklings-Sign Post

The Central island could be known as Arcade

JesterOfAmerica fucked around with this message at 22:30 on Dec 26, 2015

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

paradoxGentleman posted:

...why is it so important that we develop humanity?

Ultimately it would be easier to have the players in part 2 run around as humanity, potentially other gimmes like elves. So long as they ultimately have a good/varied backing it ought to go well, they can be in a weird world.

Right now the three map-presence major races are sea creatures, purple dudes on an island and particularly lively bushes. That's fine to work with in the world but it'd be difficult to work with as played groups and civilizations! I don't intend to really give incentives for it.

Tempus Rimeblood
Sep 23, 2007

...Friendship? Again?
My nomination is for the northern desert expanse (hex number comes later) to be the Hollow Desert.

In addition, I'd like to Advance Civilization the Qud'Xu to develop telepathy, and the ability to communicate with living beings regardless of their tongue.

Also: purifying the Qud'Xu again for 3 points, and I'd like to create a wonder for the Qud'Xu and Ter'Ents: the Wicker Dome. It is a place, made of the "bones" of Ter'Ents, and is a place in which all wounds or illnesses can be healed. The Qud'Xu and their oneness with nature have devoted them to the art of restoring the natural balance of things. This has made them healers par excellence.

Last thing I want to do if I have the points: I want to send a group of Qud'Xu to go in search of another race they have heard in the whispering of grass and the birds on the wind: The Elves.

Josef bugman
Nov 17, 2011

My guys (the Chrr specifically) are probably going to be rather like humanity, but their development (and magical stuff) may be slightly different.

Going to be spending 3 points to make the elves find the tree to be an interesting structure and are very suprised to find that one day it has given birth to saplings. This development spurs the Elves to begin interacting with them and causes the trees to "mirror" them in movement. This leads to certain elves being able to do twice the work in the same amount of time, as the new "wood elves" form a kind of living shadow to them.

Spending 7 points for one of the Augurs to gain a kind of divine transcendence, and become a "prophet". He carries a new message to the Chrr calling upon all members of the group to build houses of rock and to create hill forest for defense against any potential darkness that may be coming from across the sea. He also does great magical trials without ever lifting a blade, including turning an arrow aimed at him into a bird and gliding through the air using his own breath.

He also ( with the help of 5 points from me) advances the civilization from being merely low level hunters and agriculturalists to being far more competent. It leads to an explosion of different food stuffs to metal working, bronze shaping and into being able to build hill forts around the outside of their cities. He also directs the people to "weapon take" to elect their leaders, based on the number of men and women who have spears or craft tools.

Also for sea to the East of the Chrr going to call it "Storm Lords Pool". The lush areas where humanity live might be something like "The land beneath the shadow" because much of it is under the shadow of the mountain range to the east.

Josef bugman fucked around with this message at 02:45 on Dec 26, 2015

rakovsky maybe
Nov 4, 2008
Command Avatar [1]: The Radiant and his Dominator minions create a movement of hypnotized subjects among the Inklings (Create Order). Though seemingly loyal to their own aquatic civilization, they secretly seek to subvert and undermine it to further the cause of the Bright Ones. They are known as the Many-Hued Servants.

Advance Civilization [5]: The Taurik become much more learned in the ways of war. They are still a nomadic, wandering people but they have invented weapons such as lances and bows and tribal chieftains are instructed in tactics.

Command Race [4]: The Taurik spread south and west from the eastern Savannah, spreading as far as they can between the eastern Jungle and southeastern Coniferous Forest. (I don't want the Taurik to really have cities, so they are just going to be present in the grasslands and savannas as much as is justifiable)

Create Race [6]: The Mogwen

Occupying the southeastern coniferous forest, the Mogwen are short creatures whose suspicious and careful nature can be easily mistaken for cowardice. They are fundamentally well-meaning though, if hesitant around strangers. They have a deep animistic tradition based on veneration of their foreign home. (Starting at +1 Purity)

Regional Suggestion: The southwestern ocean around the reef is known as the Glimmersea for the strange lights that blink and flash beneath its waves.

rakovsky maybe fucked around with this message at 03:23 on Dec 29, 2015

paradoxGentleman
Dec 10, 2013

I propose we call the internal sea The Titan's Eye because the island in there sort looks like an eye if you are not great at cartography, like most races presumably are now.

An important part of a varied world with eventual political bickering is different technologies and possibly communication between races. To achieve this, I develop the following civs:

-The Chrr develop seaoworthy vessels and begins exploring the mysterious continent they have sometimes seen beyond their island. They don't meet anyone there, but they do find new materials and foodstuff then the ones found in their island.

-The Giants develop terraces, that greatly expand the living and farming spaces in their rocky homes.
-The Taurox develop a sort of farming compatible with their nomadic lifestyle: they plant and take care of an hidden patch of farmland, then leave it to grow slightly wild as they travel to follow their nomad routes to find it overgrown but ripe with fruit when they return.
-The Star Children develop new husbandry and breeding techniques, including the Crab-Mount, a huge crustacean on which they rest and travel along on, trained to travel on the surface. They cannot stay there for long, but there is great excitement amongst the Knights to discover this new frontier.

The total expense should be 20 points.

Epicurius
Apr 10, 2010
College Slice
First off, the elf city in 12:20 is called Lar Sitheroth, because why not? Elves like sibilants.

Ok, actions, First, catastrophe for the Teenies in the Night of the Bullfrog. The frog, hungry, attacks the city of Safol, slurping down all the Teenies it can find, and smashes the guildhouse of the Order of Clowns. The Teenies face devastation if the frog isn't killed or driven away. Catastrophe: 3 points.

Second, the Humans, drawn by the pleasant climate and abundant food sources, found the city of Harbor Home on the shores of the Titan's Eye. The color of the city is blue. Command Race 4 points.

Third, the Giants continue their astronomical studies. Among them, a number of Giants, who seek to delve deeper into how the stars and the heavenly bodies affect the fate of Amarath and the lives of the creatures there, come together, to try to pool their studies. They gain the respect of the rest of Giant society, and became known as the Order of Seers. Create Order, 6 points.

JesterOfAmerica
Sep 11, 2015
Gamer you still there?

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

Work has been kicking up, so I have been putting off the update somewhat. I should be perfectly able to kick it out tomorrow or the day after, depending.

edit: also admittedly in part AGDQ, but I haven't forgotten this, no.

Gamerofthegame fucked around with this message at 01:49 on Jan 5, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Gamerofthegame
Oct 28, 2010

I've poor news, I'm afraid.

With work gradually picking up more and more and other life issues that stem from more or less sleeping on a friend's couch, putting in the time and effort for this twice~ a week or so is becoming difficult. That and, sadly, my drive to do so has been fading the past few turns. To no fault of anyone here, mind, just the sort of want to do this sort of thing has disappeared. Beat the three week test tho, eat poo poo usual forum games.

So, this game of Dawn of Worlds (and the intended Reign game) is ending, unceremoniously. I will gladly fling someone the hexographer file if they want to keep trucking with it, but otherwise I'm afraid this is it. I appreciate your efforts so far, it was an becoming an interesting world! Apologizes.

• Locked thread