Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Stairmaster
Jun 8, 2012

Hey let me into the fleet, tia.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Stairmaster posted:

Hey let me into the fleet, tia.

Application accepted, I hope you weren't looking for Fleet Battles because everyone I play with hates them :smith:

195 rejected applications since last I accepted someone.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

I amazed that pubbies still insist on joining this dead fleet.

Mazz
Dec 12, 2012

Orion, this is Sperglord Actual.
Come on home.
They released German DDs today, I have no idea if they are good yet but it did make me remember this game exists.

Also looks like a handful of crew skills changed but :lol: at trying to min/max all that again.

EDIT: German DDs get magnetic torpedos, except they do fuckall damage for the most part and their guns are extremely low on the damage scale. Don't seem to be very good overall, the 5/7/9 look like they could be okay.. but probably not.

Mazz fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Nov 10, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Mabnetics are actually surprisingly good because while they don't do a ton of base damage, they're really fast and easy to hit with. And the guns fire quick, they're accurate, and have massive shell velocity. We'll see how it goes.

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
Are there premium ships that were discontinued? Someone posted this picture of what I assume is the new "Cyber" paint scheme, but I can't find that ship in-game. The bridge's style reminds me of the North Carolina Plan I, and the secondary layout and aft area look like a South Dakota. I can't find any BB that has 2 thin funnels like that.

A mystery boat.

Roumba fucked around with this message at 00:53 on Nov 11, 2016

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mabnetic torpedoes are basically what's required to make me stop being dogshit with torpedoes.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

Roumba posted:

Are there premium ships that were discontinued? Someone posted this picture of what I assume is the new "Cyber" paint scheme, but I can't find that ship in-game. The bridge's style reminds me of the North Carolina Plan I, and the secondary layout and aft area look like a South Dakota. I can't find any BB that has 2 thin funnels like that.

A mystery boat.

That isn't an Iowa?

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Over on 4chan I read about messing around with the game files to produce custom skins for ships.

I have a suspicion that one is Arpeggio related.

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
Herman's dd's are fast though. Went 8-0 in the t22 in a comp mode match, just shredding fools.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Free DLC on the steam store, including 2,700 Merit
http://store.steampowered.com/app/546880/

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
The new german DDs seem pretty fun if only for the fact that you have a better chance of dealing damage with their mabnetic torpedoes when I wildly spray them towards the enemy. Keep in mind that they are actually a separate ammo you can choose to use or not use when the situation demands, so balance your pre-match ammo allocation accordingly.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
I wasn't that impressed with the tier 2 through 4 :hitler: destroyers (and the tier 2 is just worse than the tier 1) but the Z1 is ok. The guns aren't Porter quality but they're not bad and it drives better than a Porter.
The torpedoes don't do much damage unless you hit a destroyer or a sub, but they still cause magazine explosions pretty often. When I was in the tier 4 destroyer some Z1 tried to charge into my smoke and I hit it with all eight torpedoes :fuckoff:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Reposting this here because really, I liked this game before it got nominated.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=yeDLT2cre48

edit: even more free stuff!

http://store.steampowered.com/app/546890/

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 15:51 on Nov 24, 2016

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I understand it's a nominally a cruiser-submarine, but that is no excuse:
http://images.akamai.steamusercontent.com/ugc/101724518981189665/350DD7A0AF558C653BA6AB97E03B746F73B84C18/

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

It's too bad that peak interwar insanity merely topped at cruiser-submarines instead of battleship-submarines.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Fighting other German CAs in my Deutschland is wonderful because I know a deep secret about them:

It can reliably pen them with its HE.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
A thing is happening. I won't be there due employment obligations, but for those of you who can, please send the pubbies my regards when you sink them.

http://steamcommunity.com/app/390670/discussions/0/154643795209579562/

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

It will be time to show my sexy, sexy house bote to the internet, then, I suppose.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Game is dead.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Night10194 posted:

It will be time to show my sexy, sexy house bote to the internet, then, I suppose.

gently caress, I could use a break from work, I'll be there and show off how stupid fast my dumb T9 heavy cruiser shoots.

• Locked thread