Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

first time i've seen a capcha in a video game

TehKeen posted:

This really is some wacky splice of WoWS and Navy Field. It's really fun.

agreed, it reminds me of navyfield in a good way

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Imagine four 'mechs waiting in a queue. Time works the same way.
Please stop botting

Crash74
May 11, 2009
Is this less grindy than wows?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Crash74 posted:

Is this less grindy than wows?

It throws free exp and gold at you starting out. Like I'm almost into a tier 5 after 12 hours of play.

Iksander
Jul 25, 2007
Applied to Goons as Iksander. Do we have a channel on the mumble server yet?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Not as of yet.

Most of us are friends who have been idling in CTS misc channels for a few years now and make up the core of people playing this game. You can find us in the largest CTS misc channel.

Later on when we get more we can bug troll or someone to create a channel.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
First real game, in the opening rush:
1) A teammate does a PIT maneuver on me, driving me into an iceburg.
2) He's hung up on me, and our two-destroyer raft ends up catching no less than five other teammates who can't stop or get past.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Taking a sub to the enemy carriers is some times a good idea.

Circling them on the surface as a sub using your deck gun, although fun, is not very effective.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

Narwhals with twin 6" deck guns, anyone? :getin:

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

After some more testing, it kinda seems like CVs are all around a bit poop right now, at least at lower levels. Planes will die pretty much instantly the moment they get into range of any kind of AA, meaning that all of them are pretty much suicide squadrons.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

They will die rather fast to manual flak but rather slowly to automatic AA.

Engage ships that don't have time to switch to manual flak cause they are busy shooting something. You will get a lot more kills that way.

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Perestroika posted:

After some more testing, it kinda seems like CVs are all around a bit poop right now, at least at lower levels. Planes will die pretty much instantly the moment they get into range of any kind of AA, meaning that all of them are pretty much suicide squadrons.

You get a lot of XP for spotting damage. The beginning is a bit eh. Try to spot targets carefully.

After groups have been split start hunting and lighting up the enemy

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

An instructive lesson why you should really, really not rush ahead as a cruiser: http://fat.gfycat.com/BoringSmartDodo.webm :stare:

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

TehKeen posted:

Narwhals with twin 6" deck guns, anyone? :getin:

This game has the Surcouf, yes? :france:

Any good gameplay videos so I can see what this is like?

Regarde Aduck
Oct 19, 2012

c l o u d k i t t e n
Grimey Drawer

XENA I LOVE YOU posted:

This is a good game and more people should play it. Even if it's only to make fun of really retarded submarine guys who don't get what a arming time is.

Wargaming.com don't get what arming time is.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol

Galaga Galaxian posted:

This game has the Surcouf, yes? :france:

Any good gameplay videos so I can see what this is like?

It is the only French ship currently in game. It's only purchasable for the real money currency, and costs about $90 USD.

Galaga Galaxian
Apr 23, 2009

What a childish tactic!
Don't you think you should put more thought into your battleplan?!

I Greyhound posted:

It is the only French ship currently in game. It's only purchasable for the real money currency, and costs about $90 USD.

:stare: Wow, and I thought War Thunder was bad. Heck of a way to "No Sale" the game if premiums cost that much.

I at least see some WW1 ships? Is there lots of WW1 ships? WW1 Dreadnoughts are more interesting than WW2 navies.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I Greyhound posted:

$97.60 unless you buy packages then it is $48.80.

EDIT: Surcouf is the most expensive ship. Also in the last tier that gold ships appear which is tier 8.

The cheapest and lowest one seems to be the Gambier Bay for $15.60 in tier 3. With a package it is $7.80

Third World Reagan fucked around with this message at 23:02 on Nov 14, 2015

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Regarde Aduck posted:

Wargaming.com don't get what arming time is.

Arming time makes such a huge difference. Torp bombers can't just bukkakke you at will, DDs can do suicide strafing runs, etc.

I Greyhound
Apr 22, 2008

MusicKrew Dawn Patrol
I'm sort of digging the differences for torpedoes from WoWs. Significantly larger arming time and no lead indicator means there's a real reason to launch spreads. With the single torp option, you can basically make a custom width spread pretty easily to hedge your predictions. Large but not excessive limited ammo, so you can't just spam them on longshot blind guesses, but you can take the occasional low-probability shot.

What are the damage possibilities for a shallow sub? In my second game I took off alone for the back lines submerged, and had three enemy subs and two or three flights of dive bombers launching torps and bombs at me for about half the round, and nothing hit. Is it possible to get hit by torps or aircraft bombs while at the shallow submerged depth?

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

I Greyhound posted:

I'm sort of digging the differences for torpedoes from WoWs. Significantly larger arming time and no lead indicator means there's a real reason to launch spreads. With the single torp option, you can basically make a custom width spread pretty easily to hedge your predictions. Large but not excessive limited ammo, so you can't just spam them on longshot blind guesses, but you can take the occasional low-probability shot.

What are the damage possibilities for a shallow sub? In my second game I took off alone for the back lines submerged, and had three enemy subs and two or three flights of dive bombers launching torps and bombs at me for about half the round, and nothing hit. Is it possible to get hit by torps or aircraft bombs while at the shallow submerged depth?

Yes. Shallow subs can be hit by torpedoes from anything. Deep dive subs can only be hurt by depth charges.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

When shallow, depth charges, torpedoes, and I've been told dive bombers can hit you.
When deep, only depth charges.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Applied as Groggy Nard

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Going up a tier in german subs is fun

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

shoot men, receive credits
So Goons are sailing under the Flag of Kurdistan now? I'm fine with that, certainly cooler than the ISIS flag, but I doubt anyone will recognize it.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Feindfeuer posted:

So Goons are sailing under the Flag of Kurdistan now? I'm fine with that, certainly cooler than the ISIS flag, but I doubt anyone will recognize it.

The turks certainly won't. :haw:

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Applied as ArtlessMeat. Is there actually any point to stopping like I see every pubbie do?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

The only ship I stop with on a regular basis is my sub, I get sunk a lot in my sub. In my BB I sometimes slow down to enlarge the window I have for firing on the enemy before having to turn hard, but I never really stop. Speed doesn't influence accuracy as much as turning, as long as you're going straight forward you can fire at enemies even at long range. On my CL and DD I go fast, always.

e: Just grabbed a "Beast Slayer" and another "War Hero" with my BB, so I can't be that wrong about always beeing on the move.

DD and CL are on full ahead for my most of the time, my BBs cruise at half speed and slow down or speed up according to need. But As I'm just an average player I'd love to get some info how others are handling this.

Feindfeuer fucked around with this message at 12:24 on Nov 15, 2015

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Artless Meat posted:

Applied as ArtlessMeat. Is there actually any point to stopping like I see every pubbie do?

Yes. Blame the tutorial. If you stand still you are more accurate.

Artless Meat
Apr 7, 2008

Michaellaneous posted:

Yes. Blame the tutorial. If you stand still you are more accurate.

I thought thats what it was. I did some half-assed testing and didn't notice the circle changing much when I was moving vs standing still (unless I turned).

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Fleet has almost all goons in it and I've suckered as many non goons as I can.

We need 1,500,000 fleet funds to increase the max size 10 more people. We are currently at 414,401 fleet funds.

Silver can be donated at a 1:1 ratio while gold is worth double.

So we need about 1,000,000 total from the remaining 30 people and this works out to be about 33,333 per person. You can donate more or less if you wish. 50,000 is easy to come by later on.

This isn't of high importance right now.

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Also as a reminder, 100,000 silver is a new flag. Got a flag you like that is funny? No problem, put the file on imgur, and we will do that.

dominoeffect
Oct 1, 2013

I'd love to play this game further but I get terrible, terrible ping. It's usually something like 1k+ and jumps around so it really screws up shooting and moving, sometimes I just freeze and cant do anything with ping at 9999ms.

I don't have this problem with other games, only this one. Has anyone ever experienced this and found a solution?

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Third World Reggin posted:

Also as a reminder, 100,000 silver is a new flag. Got a flag you like that is funny? No problem, put the file on imgur, and we will do that.

111.111 silver contributed. How about a gay-pride rainbow flag?

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

Sure. That should go up in the next day or two. Either my self or someone else needs to get 100K then be promoted to leader to upload it. Shouldn't take too long. The flags so far have taken abour 24 hours to be approved by mods.

Just a reminder on the flags, max picture size is 1024*1024 and will be shrunk down to 64*64. Max file size is 32kb.

XENA I LOVE YOU
Sep 11, 2010

Just as a fair warning Third World has a crippling addiction to putting boiler pre-heaters on every U-boat so he's broke all the time.

Perestroika
Apr 8, 2010

Just like in WoWs, destroyers are pretty much the most fun class of ship. First of all, you get to poo poo all over submarines all the time, which is probably the most satisfying thing to do in the game. Secondly, you can fart out about seven hundred torpedoes whenever there's an opportunity, and there's always an opportunity.

Case in point:

Third World Reagan
May 19, 2008

I run out of my 40 torpedoes way too fast in my DD so I've been having to learn how to aim a bit better.

Also always buy smoke. Two people working together with smoke can get right into the enemys teams face and unload 4x2 torpedoes for each DD into what ever you find, flip sides, and fire another 4x2.

TehKeen
May 24, 2006

Maybe she's born with it.
Maybe it's
cosmoline.

we had a 3 farragut group yesterday AM and the smoke hijinx were pretty awesome

edit: fyi it seems that other ships (or at least CLs like my omaha) can get smoke as well.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Feindfeuer
Jun 20, 2013

Every ship can get smoke, you can even put it on submarines. Which isn't that stupid as you can cover yourself for a few seconds if you run out of oxygen while your flank collapsed.

• Locked thread