Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Log082 posted:

I'll try and log on more, though I'm not on mumble right now anyway. I need a new headset, first.

I did just play a few games and sunk a BB with my Surcouf. Still got it!

I need to fight your surcouf with my surcouf. Or double-surcouf the enemy.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Night10194 posted:

I need to fight your surcouf with my surcouf. Or double-surcouf the enemy.

Maximum elan.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I killed a Bismarck with the gun. I killed a Yamato with the gun. Now I need to kill an Iowa with the gun.

All must die to Surcouf's mighty cannon. :france:

Michaellaneous
Oct 30, 2013

Do people still play this game?

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Michaellaneous posted:

We just had seventeen posts saying that yes, people still play me. Me, kommy and night do it multiple times a week.

quote:

Armor Degredation
I've known about it since I first used my Atlanta in like the first month of the game, because I started thinking "Woah look at all of them tightly clustered bullet holes in that Kongos' belt armor I wonder what happens when I start blasting HE shells into them :tviv:"

I've since used the same trick to kill Battleships with American Heavy Cruisers, which is A Thing that many people say I shouldn't be doing.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 00:41 on Aug 30, 2016

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Groggy nard posted:

I've known about it since I first used my Atlanta in like the first month of the game, because I started thinking "Woah look at all of them tightly clustered bullet holes in that Kongos' belt armor I wonder what happens when I start blasting HE shells into them :tviv:"

How am I just finding out about this now? Seriously, the only problem with the Des Moines is that it can't actually hurt anything while vomiting shells out at a volley every 10 seconds.

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬

Log082 posted:

How am I just finding out about this now? Seriously, the only problem with the Des Moines is that it can't actually hurt anything while vomiting shells out at a volley every 10 seconds.

It does well enough vs other cruisers at least. I do okay with it, assuming matchmaker doesn't screw me over.

Panzeh
Nov 27, 2006

"..The high ground"
They introduced a max ROF for guns so i can't just hit quick fire and machine gun the main guns with the gearing.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Panfilo posted:

It does well enough vs other cruisers at least. I do okay with it, assuming matchmaker doesn't screw me over.

Yeah, I was exaggerating a little, I guess. It was just that when I first got mine I almost always ended up against battleships. I could make that work in a Baltimore, but I had trouble with the Des Moines. Less relative penetration, I guess.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I feel near brain melting pleasure from using the Helena to poo poo fire all over Confederates.

Log082
Nov 8, 2008

Groggy nard posted:

I feel near brain melting pleasure from using the Helena to poo poo fire all over Confederates.

As would any right thinking person.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

The Helena gave me 350000 Silver for killing 12 botes.

Also, killing CSS Colorado with your very last sub torp to win a match is the epitome of this game.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 05:27 on Aug 30, 2016

Stanley Pain
Jun 16, 2001

by Fluffdaddy

Michaellaneous posted:

It's fairly dead. 350 players/day on avg. That being said you can find games pretty easily tier 5-6 and lower.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Mabnetic Torpedoes are actually cool and good.

E: Jesus, I roll Spruance AND Lutjens in the same week?

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 21:09 on Aug 30, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
You ever manage to pull a match out of the fire with your teammates and tell your submarine squadmate "Okay, just finish the sub an-" except the sentence gets cut off because he deck gun magdetted the thing from half health to dead as you were in the middle of saying it, ending the match?

And that's after said submarine squadmate killed a couple of battleships and scouted for me. Kommy OP, scout subs OP.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

This was also after I double-striked a capping Nevada (full health) and Laforey (not full health) with the main guns and secondaries on my Renown seconds before they would've won while our useless pubbies all said 'GO BACK TO CAP' while still sailing away from it.

A team of 3 is important because it means you must rely as little as possible on The Pub.

Also, the Bismarck is loving fantastic.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Crimson Blade guy tried to recruit me for 15 minutes today and kept trying to impress me with his clan's stats.

He has a 40% winrate in the *Scharnhorst*. Like hell I'd want to fight with such a loser.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

Night10194 posted:

Crimson Blade guy tried to recruit me for 15 minutes today and kept trying to impress me with his clan's stats.

He has a 40% winrate in the *Scharnhorst*. Like hell I'd want to fight with such a loser.

I've just taken to using random ASCII dickbutt or twitch conspiracy theory copypaste as responses to any and all ingame whispers.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Today I jokingly told a Scharnhorst my Colorado was OP right before I activated Lutjens and put 8 penetrating shots into him and did drat near 5000 damage, killing him instantly.

Then I rolled Halsey after a single CA game.

Today was a good day for bote.

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
If there was a mode where I was always in the Helena and I had to fight five random T5 mans I would never play anything else :killdozer:

Roumba
Jun 29, 2005
Buglord
I've almost got 2000 qualification points. Should I blow them on making Luckner and MacMillan into 4-stars? I want that State of War and +10% damage, but I'm sure I've missed something out there in that sea of officers.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

I rammed a Sommers to death in a T-6 Uboat. I survived.

I also discovered T6 Torpedoes from Germans barely annoy a Colorado.

Also 4 Star McMillan is game-changing if you like artillery ships.

Night10194 fucked around with this message at 22:59 on Sep 13, 2016

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
Definitely promote Macmillan, unless all you play are subs and CVs he is probably the best commander.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Kommy's first SoDak outing: I rammed a Fletcher to death with the Surcouf, he hunted down and blew away a Tosa, and then I rammed into a Balao until he surfaced to try to escape me and got exploded by the SoDak.

MAXIMUM ELAN. :france:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Hello tier 9, it's been... far too long since we've last met.

Instakilling the Gearing was so gratifying.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 20:21 on Sep 16, 2016

Usual Barb
Aug 27, 2005

pop it and lock it
So I started playing this a few days ago and I think I prefer the way it plays over WoWS, even if its not as pretty. I'm still messing around in tier 2 stuff, but every game I've had so far, I've gone something like 9-0, am I getting matched up against lovely AI with random player names or am I fighting actual babies?

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Both, really. Low tier matches get filled out with bots to let new players get used to the game.

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014
Finally rolled Lutjens.
Nuke build soon :getin:

xXWehrabooXx
Mar 11, 2014
Shout out to the goon who was in the game with me when I called drac0 an autist

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

Drac0 is a goddamn weirdo.

Danann
Aug 4, 2013

Do you have screenshots of what had just happened?

Panfilo
Aug 27, 2011

EXISTENCE IS PAIN😬
Was Dac0 the guy who would challenge people to fight him and got perpetually kicked out of every notable fleet?

Is Japslap still around?

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
Am I a manipulative abuser in real life, or do I just roleplay one on the Internet for fun? You decide!
So far drac0 has changed usernames twice today :laffo:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
I regret nothing.

I don't know if this will be a Premium or for the new split Heavy/Fast BB trees.
https://twitter.com/SteelOceanDev/status/778805346852675585

edit: It's the Yamato Final, as in the build the Yamato had when it got sunk. Tier 9 Premium, I've already shot a few and seen people complaining that they "Didn't pay 75 bucks to lose" after he lost.

Groggy nard fucked around with this message at 23:37 on Sep 30, 2016

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?
Doubleposting because I forgot to mention here that the 5v5 season ended, I managed to grab four goons to do last minute gold farming and we all got about 16 dollars worth of premium currency from two or three matches.

Also, this just happened.

James Garfield
May 5, 2012
I forgot the 5v5 season ended last night, and the random 5v5 team I joined the other day had NOSFERATU 999 so it didn't get me any points :argh:

Groggy nard
Aug 6, 2013

How does into botes?

bees everywhere
Nov 19, 2002

Ahoy there Captain! You must be a kid.

Night10194
Feb 13, 2012

We'll start,
like many good things,
with a bear.

God help me, I rebought the Deutschsland to do that dumb Triumph of Will event and now I actually like the stupid thing.

It's an awful bote but I love it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Jack Forge
Sep 27, 2012
I never seem to be around when you guys are on. :sweatdrop:

• Locked thread