Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

OhsH posted:

Pecky becky better stop followin u and eatin cig butts and become a good mom

It needs a daddy rooster to be a mom. The egg is gonna get fried tommorow.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

coolskull
Nov 11, 2007

post pictures of the fried egg

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

LOVE LOVE SKELETON posted:

post pictures of the fried egg

I just got home and apparently banjo ate it already

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pecky becky sitting on my boot. Shes learning falconry slowly.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Pecky becky with a bonus rabbit in the background

Tigern
Sep 6, 2012

possibly tiger
Grimey Drawer

Isaac posted:

Looks upset

Real Mean Queen
Jun 2, 2004

Zesty.

We used to have a field full of goats in my neighborhood. One time my buddy was really bummed out so we went out drinking and he was still pretty morose, but on the way back from a snacks run we passed by the goats. He fed them some chips and laughed like a child and it made me pretty happy to see him catch a break. This is my main goat story.

Also they'll totally play games with you. Stand on a pile of dirt and when a goat tries to stand there too, don't let him do it. You are now playing king of the hill with several goats

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tigern posted:

Looks upset

Chicken pupils are normally alot bigger. Its eyes look alot different to a normal chicken. It was a bloody mess when it got taken out of the chook paddock something attacked it and somehow it didnt die and now follows me around.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Cowboy Pope posted:

We used to have a field full of goats in my neighborhood. One time my buddy was really bummed out so we went out drinking and he was still pretty morose, but on the way back from a snacks run we passed by the goats. He fed them some chips and laughed like a child and it made me pretty happy to see him catch a break. This is my main goat story.

Also they'll totally play games with you. Stand on a pile of dirt and when a goat tries to stand there too, don't let him do it. You are now playing king of the hill with several goats

I think most herbivore/prey animals are very theraputic to interact with if they let you.

What kind of sicko could not look at or even touch a rabbit without an elevation in their mood?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer

Isaac posted:

I would not sass at that chicken, she looks pretty hardcore

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tendai posted:

I would not sass at that chicken, she looks pretty hardcore

Shes a real sook. Not at all tough.

E except surviving being what looked like a dying bird. Thats pretty hardcore.

Zombiepop
Mar 30, 2010
This thread makes me happy, voted 5.

satanic splash-back
Jan 28, 2009

I'm going to find some goats to play king of the hill with.

Kharnifex
Sep 11, 2001

The Banter is better in AusGBS

Isaac posted:

Yes, definitely a Dino bird.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YMmgnpcaKyM

proof of concept
Mar 6, 2005

by FactsAreUseless
OP when can I expect my goats to arrive in the mail?

Haptical Sales Slut
Mar 15, 2010

Age 18 to 49

Isaac posted:

Those are dino eyes. this thing knows where y ou sleep at night.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

proof of concept posted:

OP when can I expect my goats to arrive in the mail?

Maybe it was too big for the letterbox and they left it at the post office

Microwaves Mom
Nov 8, 2015

by zen death robot
I like goat cheese very much.

I also like chicken eggs and chicken.

Thank you for this thread.

Goats are good.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Lolly youre supposed to be guarding the chickens you big wet lump.

Clockwerk
Apr 6, 2005

These goats are great (the other animals are too)

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Might snap another goat pic soon for all the goat fanciers out there.

Sometimes driving to work theres all these wooly goats on the road im gonna try get a pic of them as well.

The Kingfish
Oct 21, 2015

5'd and bookmarked

ghosTTy
Sep 22, 2008

Isaac posted:

are you wearing dress pants?

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

ThePriceIsRight posted:

are you wearing dress pants?

Yes i was just home from work

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Heres some ducks

Son of Rodney
Feb 22, 2006

ohmygodohmygodohmygod

you mean duck-billed goats

aioli is just mayo
Aug 14, 2003

He has only forbidden to you dead animals, blood, the flesh of swine, and that which has been dedicated to other than Allah . But whoever is forced by necessity, neither desiring it nor transgressing its limit, there is no sin upon him. Indeed, Allah is Forgiving and Merciful

Isaac posted:

Lolly youre supposed to be guarding the chickens you big wet lump.

A sheep shearing friend of mine was at sheep camp and the farmer has 12-14 Meremmas that stay with the sheep. One night they heard some coyotes and the farmers hand said "watch this" and handed my friend some NVGs (this is America bitch we do stuff like that). One dog went to the edge of the woods by itself and barked.

The coyotes came out of the woods and began running after it. The dog turned around and ran over the hill with the coyotes hard on it. A horrible sound was heard for maybe a minute and a half, and when my friend and the farmers hand went to investigate, they found all the dogs hanging out and maybe six dead coyotes.

Tldr the dogs are smart and maybe a dingo tried to eat your chicken?

Tendai
Mar 16, 2007

"When the eagles are silent, the parrots begin to jabber."

Grimey Drawer
When we drive to my sister's at Thanksgiving I'm gonna try to get a picture of the yak ranch on the way. There is also an alpaca ranch and a buffalo or bison or whateverthefuck ranch.

It's pretty fuckin cool driving through the Rocky Mountains and all of a sudden "wait gently caress are those yaks?"

hate hoot
Nov 7, 2012
Why did your sister shoot the newborn goat.

Darkman Fanpage
Jul 4, 2012

Isaac posted:

Chicken pupils are normally alot bigger. Its eyes look alot different to a normal chicken. It was a bloody mess when it got taken out of the chook paddock something attacked it and somehow it didnt die and now follows me around.

a loyal chicken

Erethizon_dorsatum
Nov 14, 2009
How does Pecky Becky navigate the yard and find food/water?

Degenerate Star
Oct 27, 2005
unlikely

Harry in Rio posted:

nubian goat master race

When I was little, my parents inexplicably moved us from Los Angeles to rural Oregon and bought a little country store. We did pretty well, but they noticed they couldn't seem to keep beer stocked properly. It turned out that my sister's goat, a big, goofy Nubian, was stealing beer cans when the back of the store was open and chewing the tops off so he could get a drink.

He was the best alcoholic goat ever.

Pinche Rudo
Feb 8, 2005

Was up visiting some family this summer and there were some goats on the adjacent property. I woke up early one morning and went for a walk and they were hanging out by the fence so I fed them some apples that had fallen off the tree. Miss my goat buddies

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

hate hoot posted:

Why did your sister shoot the newborn goat.

Boy goats dont make milk. So unless you are going to use them for genetics they just cost you food money. Unfortunate but thats country life.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Tendai posted:

When we drive to my sister's at Thanksgiving I'm gonna try to get a picture of the yak ranch on the way. There is also an alpaca ranch and a buffalo or bison or whateverthefuck ranch.

It's pretty fuckin cool driving through the Rocky Mountains and all of a sudden "wait gently caress are those yaks?"

Pls get the yak pics

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe

Erethizon_dorsatum posted:

How does Pecky Becky navigate the yard and find food/water?

Dunno. Smell maybe. Can find pellets but dosent have a great strike rate pecking them.

Isaac
Aug 3, 2006

Fun Shoe
Ty for goat pics and stories

Modest Mauser
Oct 28, 2009

This is a great thread and your goat pictures have really cheered me up. Thanks, Isaac.
Can you get more pictures of goats ??

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009

Isaac posted:

Somehow, totally inspiring :allears:

A buddy cop movie must be made.

I was three clucks from Retirement! You're a loose cannon Issac!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dieheart
Sep 25, 2015
Shave "se" into the side of a goat and see if anyone gets it op

• Locked thread