Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer

Grapplejack posted:

I'm glad this LP is back, Jordan! I've never played this Zelda (or any of the ones past the gamecube) so I'm interested in seeing where it goes.

This is actually the first and currently last Zelda game past the Gamecube. It's literally the only thing you've missed.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I figured he meant console releases.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The precision faceplant to get that one goddess chest made me smile.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
One detail I really liked here is that the Master Sword's crossguard is folded in at this point, the same way it is in Wind Waker when the sword's almost bereft of its power. It's a subtle bit of visual storytelling for those who're familiar with previous Zelda games, and a suggestion that we're not quite done with this thing just yet. It's one of a few story moments in this game I appreciated greatly. Makes me wish the game had employed that sort of clever subtlety in other ways, instead of choosing to have Fi or whoever constantly reiterate things and spell out the painfully obvious for you at virtually every turn.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Re: Link's belt and tunic: Tuck in your shirt tightly, then try lifting your arms over your head. His tunic's not flat against his belly so he can actually move. :cheeky:

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
Because it's not holding up his pants. He's got his item pouch and his wallet strapped to his hip with it.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
To be fair, those bokoblins totally had it coming.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
The sliding spiked things are just called Blade Traps. Nothing too special about the name, really.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
She does have arms; her hands are just closed up inside the sleeves of her shawl for some reason, going by official artwork.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
I would say the Master Sword is the antithesis of Demise's sword, whatever it's called, rather than the other way around. Like, Hylia saw Demise's sword/Ghirahim and decided to make her own version of the thing to counteract it.

I liked the idea of this whole thing, but as with other parts of the game, I think it could have been executed better.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Grimey Drawer
But Demise was there the whole time, remember? You fought him like, five times between the start of the game and the finale! :v:

Seriously though gently caress the imprisoned.

• Locked thread