Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I find it interesting how the ship with the tentacles attacking it is a completely different map from the regular dungeon. In other words, most of the dungeon has been copied into the boss room.

But that was probably the easiest way to handle this, from a programming point of view.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
To add to the shopkeeper discussion, I thought the idea was that everyone in Skyloft changes at night. The pets turn evil. Beedle turns eloquent. The bazaar guy turns unhappy, and so on. It less obvious in some people than in others but the night changes people. Of course Link is immune because he's chosen by the Goddess.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
What did you expect from a piece of prehistoric trash? His AI is probably so bad he can't even win against a human in a game of chess. :smugbert:

Next time, we should just ask Groose to get the bathtub into the volcano. I'm sure he can come up with an efficient method of transportation.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

Outpost22 posted:

What happens next?! I'm on the edge of my seat!

Link decides he's tired, gives up on trying to save Zelda, and sticks the master sword in a stone somewhere.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

:siren:BIG NERD ALERT:siren:

Most of the wars the games mention, including Link to the Past, are "The Imprisoning War", which is the 7 years Link was asleep, plus all the adult dungeons, in Ocarina of Time. Because of Dumb Timeline Shenanigans they aren't always referring to the same iteration of that event.

Off the top of my head I think only Wind Waker and Minish Cap refer to different wars in their intros.

I was gonna mention the same thing.

I really liked the moment in the scene when Zelda calls Link 'sleepyhead'. That, more than anything, refers to their old friendship.

Also wouldn't an upgraded master sword be known as the PhD sword?

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
This section actually put me off from the game for a while. The tadtone collecting is somewhat annoying, and perhaps because it was presented in such a weird way at such a weird point in the game, I was assuming they would make me do something like that for every area in the game, just like the three Silent Realms. I did not want to do that - and I was glad to find out I was wrong.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Can't you go back to the fire dragon and ask him about the other dragons? I think he has some funny stuff to say about them.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I might remember wrong but I believe that if you sit down on the stool next to Groose, he now tells you the tree has always been there. It's not like it just popped up for him.

Also, if you switch off the Timeshift stone (by hitting the one next to the tree's original location), the dragon disappears - but his skeleton is gone too. I like to think he's just taken a vacation in the present.

Is it clear at all whether the past from the Timeshift stones is as far back as the past from the portal? It somehow feels like it's different times. But I'm not sure.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
Hey, don't forget to do the most important 100% thing - filling up the Dowsing menu with as many optional targets as possible. :cheeky:

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I might be completely wrong, but I seem to remember that after you return from the final Silent Realm, one of the Skyloft people asks you why the heck you were sitting completely still for a while.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
We aren't quite there yet but I think that if you hadn't gotten your sword powered up all the way and done the trials, the dungeon wouldn't let you into the actual place(s) that house the Triforce.

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I feel stupid now. I booted up this game a little while ago and found a save just before this dungeon, I decided to play through it, and in the room with the three switches you need to hit in order, I completely forgot about the mechanics of this game and tried (and in the end, managed), to cut down those trees by throwing well-timed bombs at them.

Anyway, it's rather surprising that this Link is apparently balanced in courage/power/wisdom, because we know that if you aren't, the Triforce immediately splits up again, and you need to find the folks it goes to (the goron for wisdom, and Groose for power, obviously).

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!
I suppose Gorko doesn't have anything interesting to say if you visit him again after showing him the triforce on the wall?

Anyway, as that ending showed, Demise's soul/evil/hatred/conscience/whatever has been sealed in the Master Sword. That's why the Master Sword works so well in later games. You're fighting evil with evil, and that's always the best solution!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Carbon dioxide
Oct 9, 2012
Probation
Can't post for 5 hours!

TheKingofSprings posted:

One thing I really wish this game did was have you fight a boss in Sky Keep for each Triforce piece - a shadow version of Zelda, Link, and Ganon fighting you for each one would've been really great.

But but but the timeline...!

• Locked thread