Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Help me, Oppan. You're my only hope.
You can't object to the beamos' lasers crossing the temporal threshold. Since you are able to see across the threashold that means light is allowed to pass regardless of what time stream it is in, so a beamos' laser, which is light, should be able to pass as well.

Also, I am glad that this LP has returned. I worried that it had been forgotten.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Fi made me appreciate Navi.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

YOU LIKE TWILIGHT PRINCESS, WHAT IS WITH YOU AND LIKING THE WORST ZELDA GAMES?

Twilight Princess is the third best Zelda game after LttP and the original at 1 and 2 respectively. Them's fighting words, partner!

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

Bad game for dumb babies.

Eh, to each his or her own. Tons of people are enamored with Ocarina of Time, and I have no idea what they see in it.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

SloppyDoughnuts posted:

They're "good games" but not good zelda games. And I never meant that you couldn't like them, just that it's baffling.

Well, if we're talking specifically good Zelda games, then the original and LttP are the best there is. No Zelda game from OoP on favors exploration as much or allows you to go off the rails as easily as the games from that era. And if we're making a No True Zeldaman argument then the standard for comparison has to be the original, as it was the first and revolutionized that game style. If we have to compare the cinematic Zelda games - heavy on plot and keeps you solidly on the rails unless you're Doctor Kill - then Twilight Princess is the superior Zelda game, as it is a great cinematic experience. It's art style matches perfectly with the darker storyline and the plot is, out of all the same-y Zelda games, one of the most unique. Also it has Midna who is worlds better than any of the other annoying sidekicks.

Any ways that is the rational behind why I favor the games I do. I really hope the newest Zelda goes fully back to the open world style game focused on exploration like the old ones, then I can replace Twilight Princess as my number 3.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

kalonZombie posted:

All Zelda games are good. All Zelda games are bad.

It's like Final Fantasy, but Zelda.

I think we can all agree to that one.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

Waffleman_ posted:

The best Zelda game is Okami.

YES!

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

On music, I find the Temple of Time theme from Twilight Princess to be a bit much. Snowhead in Majora's Mask also has some annoying music.

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

If The Imprisoned had been a menacing black miasma that coalesced into Demise instead of a giant muppet, it might have felt more natural. Still I agree that the train goes a bit off of the tracks at the end of the game and things do feel disjointed, as though they had bigger plans but ran out of time, much like Windwaker.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Cartheon
Jun 1, 2014

This ending always gets me in the feels.

The Demise fight definitely is one of the more epic feeling final battles, but it really could be a bit longer. He goes down way too easy.

• Locked thread