Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Quick questions I didn't see answered in the OP.

Is there any thing I want to do on a hero before re-birthing to a higher star level? Like boosting potentials, or skills? Or is the only thing you want to wait, re-rolling potentials only once your past 3 star level potentials?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Golluk posted:

Quick questions I didn't see answered in the OP.

Is there any thing I want to do on a hero before re-birthing to a higher star level? Like boosting potentials, or skills? Or is the only thing you want to wait, re-rolling potentials only once your past 3 star level potentials?

Nope, rebirth away.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Patch got rolled out and guilds are up. Anyone going to start a goon one?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

In the absence of suggestions, I have started guild 'Lowtaxtics'

Twelve character limit is awful.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

You can buy mod stones, equipment capsules, energy potions, and :frogsiren: perfect genes :frogsiren: with chocolate that drops everywhere.

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

NinjaDebugger posted:

In the absence of suggestions, I have started guild 'Lowtaxtics'

Twelve character limit is awful.

Applied as Phrenz!

This update looks great - the character changes are awesome and should make a lot of the more underpowered characters usable. Hopefully chocolate drops are high enough that it's actually feasible to get those item sets!

Edit: They murdered Jack's passive. Down to 19% from 54%. At least they didn't touch Skill 3, right? :(

PhrenzZ fucked around with this message at 04:34 on Feb 4, 2016

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

What could possibly go wrong?
Oh wow, that patch came out a lot sooner than I realized.

I'll apply in a few minutes

EDIT: Applied as DontMindMe

DontMindMe fucked around with this message at 04:31 on Feb 4, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

I hosed up, change over to SwdOfLowtax

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

I hosed up, change over to SwdOfLowtax

Done. What went wrong?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tried to remake and miscalculated number of letters. It was dumb. If you apply, let me know here.

Also, apparently logging in isn't enough to trigger guild attendance, you have to go into the guild menu and check yourself.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 04:53 on Feb 4, 2016

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.

NinjaDebugger posted:

Tried to remake and miscalculated number of letters. It was dumb. If you apply, let me know here.

Also, apparently logging in isn't enough to trigger guild attendance, you have to go into the guild menu and check yourself.

Look for Hotballs

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Huh, you can spend 10 chocolate to increase the chance of upgrading equipment. But they don't tell you by how much.

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
Campbell applied to the guild

DontMindMe
Dec 3, 2010

Stage 1-1 seems to give 12 chocolates like any other level

yo mamma a Horus
Apr 7, 2008

Nap Ghost
I applied as Killbarn

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
Applied as hilarity

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

I have no words for how terrible ToD60 is. Almost as bad as that fairy swap poo poo. :bang:

Edit: For anyone that gets to ToD65, the reapers only aggro 1 space away from themselves, so lure the boss far away from them and charm+stun the crap out of him.

van fem fucked around with this message at 06:57 on Feb 4, 2016

Ayndin
Mar 13, 2010

Applied as Ayndin. Still having decent fun with this, though I'm a lazy rear end about Lost Island/ToD.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Applied as Golluk.

Out of the first few hero's you can get from Verna and Tezen. Any particular team that stands out as the best? Currently leading towards Chris, Alfred, and Carrot. Not sure on the last one though. Either Deborah or Sraka.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 07:32 on Feb 4, 2016

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Golluk posted:

Applied as Golluk.

Out of the first few hero's you can get from Verna and Tezen. Any particular team that stands out as the best? Currently leading towards Chris, Alfred, and Carrot. Not sure on the last one though. Either Deborah or Sraka.

Sraka's in a bad place at the moment: not tanky enough, melee range only, no good CC, crappy passive and 3rd skill. Deb's your go-to AOE/ranged scissors hero until Chenny.

If you want a good tanky melee, try Lance. His newly buffed skills are pretty baller now and he can walk over swamp which is the most annoying impassable terrain. Lance is also a huge help in the paper exp dungeon.

I'd probably drop Alfred for Kai since Alfred's skills take forever to level and his charm is only 28% max'ed.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Sraka's in a bad place at the moment: not tanky enough, melee range only, no good CC, crappy passive and 3rd skill. Deb's your go-to AOE/ranged scissors hero until Chenny.

If you want a good tanky melee, try Lance. His newly buffed skills are pretty baller now and he can walk over swamp which is the most annoying impassable terrain. Lance is also a huge help in the paper exp dungeon.

I'd probably drop Alfred for Kai since Alfred's skills take forever to level and his charm is only 28% max'ed.

I actually prefer Alfred to Lance, though that was pre-buff.

I've approved everybody for the guild, and admitted a bunch of pubbies for numbers, I'll bump them out if actual goons apply. Changing your in-game message to something that lets me know you're from here is as good as posting here, fwiw.

b0ng
Jan 16, 2004

Thats a nice Game 7 you have there. Would be a shame if somebody nailed it down.
What are the best things to spend chocolate on and what are perfect genes?

Helical Nightmares
Apr 30, 2009
Applied as VirusSA

Betting that the costume is limited time only and would be the first chocolate priority

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

b0ng posted:

What are the best things to spend chocolate on and what are perfect genes?

Chocolate priority has to be the costume. After that, I'd go for whatever dailies you want, then stock up on demon souls and item sets. Modification stones can be had significantly more easily than demon souls, and while the item set is on mace/shield, the set bonuses more than make up for it, I think, and it'll help propel you to higher levels, where you can accumulate better poo poo.

Similarly, the nepthys adventurer set can help get you to higher levels of nepthys faster, then be swapped out for other, better things.

Edit: Another reason to stock up on demon souls is that they can randomly give you a jackpot and upgrade your hero straight to level 1 of the next rebirth tier.

kontona
May 3, 2003

NinjaDebugger posted:

I actually prefer Alfred to Lance, though that was pre-buff.

Changing your in-game message to something that lets me know you're from here is as good as posting here, fwiw.

dumb question but how do you change your in-game message?

edit: oops looks like we hit the limit of 20 guild members. will apply as doomXO once space opens up.

kontona fucked around with this message at 17:50 on Feb 4, 2016

Campbell
Jun 7, 2000
In-game message is changed by going to Lord -> Word of the Day

Also, you can change your Mercenary out by going to Expedition -> Mercenary

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

kontona posted:

dumb question but how do you change your in-game message?

edit: oops looks like we hit the limit of 20 guild members. will apply as doomXO once space opens up.

Just opened a slot for you.

kontona
May 3, 2003

thanks!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Incidentally, the limit on demon souls seems to be 3 each. No idea if that will refresh or not, I suspect not. Spent my scissors souls on leveling up Elektra, because I like the cut of her jib and just unlocked her, and have 3 rock and paper ready to level up other stuff.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
So is there any reason not to just spam 1-1 for chocolate?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

overseer07 posted:

You can also hit up the Nephthys Dungeon (e.g. weapon storage) for more useful rewards. Otherwise, I don't seem to have any problem getting the daily stuff just through normal play.

NinjaDebugger: Nexon confirmed only 3 of each the entire event

van fem fucked around with this message at 21:03 on Feb 4, 2016

DarciisFyer
May 4, 2009

overseer07 posted:

Better to just collect chocolates from normal play i.e. autoing boss stages for genes, neph dungeons for exp/stones.

You get 12 chocos per roughly 8 energy spent.
15 energy per hour, so 360 energy per day.
Say you play casually, so only use a third of that: 120 energy.
Plus two energy flasks: 120+100 = 220
Plus guild 20 attendance reward: 220+50 = 270
Plus the energy refill you buy from daily choco shop: 270+60 = 330
That results in rougly 330 chocos per day.
You use around 110? 130? (not ingame to check) chocos on the daily shop.
There are 19 days left in the choco event.
so (330-130) x 19 = 3900 surplus chocos to use on the one-time event items, which is just enough to get all of them for the casual player.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug

DarciisFyer posted:

Better to just collect chocolates from normal play i.e. autoing boss stages for genes, neph dungeons for exp/stones.

You get 12 chocos per roughly 8 energy spent.
15 energy per hour, so 360 energy per day.
Say you play casually, so only use a third of that: 120 energy.
Plus two energy flasks: 120+100 = 220
Plus guild 20 attendance reward: 220+50 = 270
Plus the energy refill you buy from daily choco shop: 270+60 = 330
That results in rougly 330 chocos per day.
You use around 110? 130? (not ingame to check) chocos on the daily shop.
There are 19 days left in the choco event.
so (330-130) x 19 = 3900 surplus chocos to use on the one-time event items, which is just enough to get all of them for the casual player.

edit: eh, my math was off. Thanks!

overseer07 fucked around with this message at 21:50 on Feb 4, 2016

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Any space in the guild (ign: miyori) or should I start a second? For some reason, you disbanding the first guild yesterday put me on a 24hr cooldown.

edit: Thank you, gentlegoon.

van fem fucked around with this message at 02:20 on Feb 5, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Any space in the guild (ign: miyori) or should I start a second? For some reason, you disbanding the first guild yesterday put me on a 24hr cooldown.

strike that, you have an invite now.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 02:05 on Feb 5, 2016

Deadmeat
Jul 18, 2006

NinjaDebugger posted:

I've approved everybody for the guild, and admitted a bunch of pubbies for numbers, I'll bump them out if actual goons apply. Changing your in-game message to something that lets me know you're from here is as good as posting here, fwiw.

I'm in the guild as Deadmeat.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
OK, I'm running with Chris, Kai, Carrot, and Deborah now. Just hit where I can use a 5th. Should I toss in Mas once I get him for heals? or Alfred for more dps?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Golluk posted:

OK, I'm running with Chris, Kai, Carrot, and Deborah now. Just hit where I can use a 5th. Should I toss in Mas once I get him for heals? or Alfred for more dps?

You'll want a healer at various points in the game (e.g. Tower of Dawn), so I'd suggest Mas over Alfred to keep him somewhat levelled.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008
Sounds good. Really wishing I didn't 3 star potential and reroll for Alfred twice. I suppose that was a small potential waste in the long term.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

PhrenzZ
Dec 26, 2012

Golluk posted:

Sounds good. Really wishing I didn't 3 star potential and reroll for Alfred twice. I suppose that was a small potential waste in the long term.

Yeah, eventually you'll have enough mana stones that 3-starring something won't be so bad. With the chocolate event going on you can get 200 mana stones for something like 5 chocolate every day, too, which is a good deal.

Plus, Alfred's got some late game uses thanks to his massive AoEs. You could invest in worse!

• Locked thread