Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Also, farm up Serendi. She's essential for many maps due to her charm and her hybrid debuff-removal/heal over time.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Charles Bukowski
Aug 26, 2003

Taskmaster 2023 Second Place Winner

Grimey Drawer
I wish there was a nice character tier sheet without just a small handful geared towards PvP. I suppose I could just level them all passively and try them out and I dunno, have fun or some poo poo.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Charles Bukowski posted:

I wish there was a nice character tier sheet without just a small handful geared towards PvP. I suppose I could just level them all passively and try them out and I dunno, have fun or some poo poo.

I made a Hero Spreadsheet (work in progress) with some tiers (broken down by play type) and other information (skill priority).

Anyone can edit, so feel free to add/change whatever you see fit. Let me know what else you'd like to add (e.g. suggested gear).

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

My many CoX, always poised, always ready, always willing to thrust.

Today's patch nerfed all the upgrade material dungeons, and it is significant. Went from barely scraping out an S in Corridor 5 to autoing it and getting SS.

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012

Tsurupettan posted:

Today's patch nerfed all the upgrade material dungeons, and it is significant. Went from barely scraping out an S in Corridor 5 to autoing it and getting SS.

Good; the Accessory material dungeon was obscenely retarded and pretty much required a heavily overleveled party/lots of high movement chain stuns

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
They also upped the ancient coin gene purchase limit to 20 daily. Was a pleasant surprise, as it will let me finish leveling Mu's 1 and her passive faster.

kontona
May 3, 2003

van fem posted:

I made a Hero Spreadsheet (work in progress) with some tiers (broken down by play type) and other information (skill priority).

Anyone can edit, so feel free to add/change whatever you see fit. Let me know what else you'd like to add (e.g. suggested gear).

this is beautiful.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

That spreadsheet is fuckin' great, thanks! I assume you're going to add in the 'starter' heroes too? You mentioned Sraka was poo poo earlier, but I was wondering how you felt about Chris, since I'm on the verge of making her 4* now.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Tsurupettan posted:

That spreadsheet is fuckin' great, thanks! I assume you're going to add in the 'starter' heroes too? You mentioned Sraka was poo poo earlier, but I was wondering how you felt about Chris, since I'm on the verge of making her 4* now.

Yep, I'll add the starters. Sraka is the only real starter trap at the moment.

Golluk
Oct 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Yep, I'll add the starters. Sraka is the only real starter trap at the moment.

Thanks. I've been hoping for something like this. I'm feeling like maybe I've put too much effort into skilling up Mas now.

Whew. They just gave out 3 rock 200 lvl coco puffs. I still have my rock 2x boost. Jack is about to get jacked.

Golluk fucked around with this message at 21:17 on Feb 26, 2016

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Poni's actually really good now, but requires a supporting party. Run him alongside Deb and (Gillan/Serendi/Elektra) and he can take a beating, regen everything (19% regen for being buffed, plus 46% if they get him below 20% HP), and then hit everything Deb has conveniently DOTted with normal damage plus a boatload of true damage. I'd rate him at worst a B for most purposes, and he wrecks the everliving poo poo out of Scissor coocoos. Just concentrate on defense+, more HP regen, and +%Damage on his equipment and he is basically a balanced wildcard that can be off-tank or DPS at need.

Poni is, however, absolutely garbage for PVP, solid F. Needs teamwork in a format where you can't guarantee that's possible.

I'd edit this, but it's apparently protected and I can't edit it.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

I'd edit this, but it's apparently protected and I can't edit it.

I shamelessly stole the template from another game (7 knights) and didn't remove the Protected cell ranges. :ughh:

Should be editable now!

Neurolimal
Nov 3, 2012
Is there really a dodge cap? That seems really stupid when the stat has a counter-stat (hit-rate).

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Neurolimal posted:

Is there really a dodge cap? That seems really stupid when the stat has a counter-stat (hit-rate).

dodge seems functionally capped by diminishing returns at around 67 percent.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

If you see a DB team on your last few levels with Angela in the first slot, you probably don't need to hellfire farm for that level. Get an expendable dude or two into position first turn, then second turn, run them up right next to as many enemies as you can. Angela will happily nuke the poo poo out of her own team, saving you the time of hellfire farming.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I've almost got Mu unlocked, I caught Jack up to almost 4*. I care about Adventure the most currently. My core team is going to be something like Chris/Jack/Mu/Carrot/Deborah. It's hard to pick stuff because there's so many good looking units to choose from (Sonic, Jenny, Serendi who I don't have but isn't far off).

Is this a team that will pretty much carry me through Adventure? Most of them are 4* already.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Tsurupettan posted:

I've almost got Mu unlocked, I caught Jack up to almost 4*. I care about Adventure the most currently. My core team is going to be something like Chris/Jack/Mu/Carrot/Deborah. It's hard to pick stuff because there's so many good looking units to choose from (Sonic, Jenny, Serendi who I don't have but isn't far off).

Is this a team that will pretty much carry me through Adventure? Most of them are 4* already.

You'll be fine. Once you get to higher level coocoos, your ability to get people from 0 to 4* is really high, and 5* isn't that much further off, especially if you're saving for someone. Having both Chris and Jack in a party is kind of overkill, though, probably one of them should be swapped out for Serendi or Gillan (it's Chris, Jack is too amazing to bench)

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

I do like to auto stages while working, so Serendi + Mu will probably make that really loving easy. :v: Thanks.

kontona
May 3, 2003

just got shu shu from blue genes. is she worth leveling?

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I'm giving this another try after bouncing off it last year. Just got Carrot and Lance. I added a couple folks from the Google doc, my IGN is PGGB.
This game is really dense with a ton of different systems so I got a lot of questions. Here are a couple that you can hopefully answer for me:

What Battle and Support Masteries should I choose?
Should I spend my Ancient Coins to get Mu?
I'm not sure how much and what equipment I should upgrade.
I haven't bothered levelling up and unlocking potentials at all. Is this something I should do?

I'm further in than last time at least!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

kontona posted:

just got shu shu from blue genes. is she worth leveling?

She's like Mu, except instead of a stunbot, she doubles as a straight healer. Her passive is excellent, all three of her attacks do double duty as healing and damage, and she can buff both defense and movement on your team. That said, she's not really a powerhouse, nor can she straight lock down any one non-immune thing basically forever. She's an okay substitute for your healer, the problem is she doesn't have Gillan's 75% area disarm or Serendi's debuff removal and 75% area charm.

Superschaf posted:

I'm giving this another try after bouncing off it last year. Just got Carrot and Lance. I added a couple folks from the Google doc, my IGN is PGGB.
This game is really dense with a ton of different systems so I got a lot of questions. Here are a couple that you can hopefully answer for me:

What Battle and Support Masteries should I choose?
Should I spend my Ancient Coins to get Mu?
I'm not sure how much and what equipment I should upgrade.
I haven't bothered levelling up and unlocking potentials at all. Is this something I should do?

I'm further in than last time at least!

Battle: Hellfire and Grace are what you should concentrate on until you hit the third rank. Maxing those two out will get you there.
Support: I favor hero XP at rank 1, expedition time reduction at rank 2, crystal frequency on rank 3, and stamina recovery time on rank 4.
Ancient Coins: Either Mu or Unknown. Mu's more certain as a stun, but I think Unknown's a much better character, and it only takes 18 days to get him now, if you can max out your buys.
Equipment: Your basic desires are for bows (+Attack/Crit) and armor (+HP/Defense). You basically can't get accessories without doing gacha, so save all of them that you get, and worry about optimizing them later.
Always level up your potentials to max (costs 300 mana stones) before changing them. You absolutely want to do this, you can't use mana rocks for literally anything else, and while potentials can't radically change how a character works, they can be a significant boost.

There was a list posted previously about what to spend your crystals on, I hope somebody put it in the OP.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uoa5S3HJn98

Here's how I farm Chenny. :v:

Might not be the best method but these are my highest leveled heroes aside from Gillan.

Couple of things to note, Grace isn't needed but it helps keep everyone alive for SS rank on the first try.

As long as you don't have your heroes in a 3x3 formation, Chenny won't really use her 3rd skill. If disarm isn't applied on the left Chenny, she'll use her 2nd skill to slow down Jack which makes getting to the right Chenny longer. If this happens, you'll end up losing hopefully 1 hero. As long as Jack doesn't die, he can rip apart Chenny by himself.

If disarm doesn't apply, someone's going to die.

Mardragon
Mar 4, 2004
Cinderella boy... Out of nowhere...
Yam Slacker
Here's how I farmed Rank 3 Chenny with 3 stars in screenshots that are hopefully helpful. Now my guys are 4/5* but you can still get SS with 3*'s Order was Jack/Serendi/Kair/Carrot/Lance

Turn 1 move my folks up as shown in the second screenshot, leaving Lance at the junction:

Turn 2, use Grace, move Jack in and use either his second skill if you are blessed with lots of mana or just use his first skill, I skipped the screenshot here but you move him diagonal from Chenny and don't have anyone else near him, have serendi cast her second skill on him. When she moves into better range and have Kai and Carrot move in range too.

Turn 3, move Jack to Chenny's right, use skill 3. Move everyone else as is the screenshot below. Kai will use skill 3, carrot will use skill 2, serendi will use skill 1.

Lance will also use his skill 3 and keep the two golems locked in place.

Turn 4, finish off Chenny number 1, Jack should do it on his own, serendi should move out but cast skill 2 on jack to get the movement debuff off. Move Kai out or use him to finish off Chenny if you didn't Carrot can actually shoot a golem here to gain more leader power. Lance hold tight.

Turn 5, move people as shown below, have serendi pick up the potion and cast skill 2 on Kai, Use Grace carrot can shoot another golem, lance can use his 3rd or second skill, whatever floats your boat.

Turn 6, move people as shown below, have serendi use her 3rd or 1st skill on Chenny, have Kai and Jack do the best they can. My screenshot is wrong about carrot, she should be one more space to the left so if Chenny zaps jack she doesn't get hit. Have carrot use skill 2. You should kill Chenny in a turn or 2. Rinse and repeat.

Mardragon fucked around with this message at 06:12 on Feb 28, 2016

Ruby Prism
Aug 7, 2011

With this, I'll be able to make the ultimate pie!
Wow, there's not even a little cutscene after recruiting Chenny. I ended up doing it with Mu, Tao, Alfred, Deborah and Carrot. Tao is an amazing boss killer, and I don't even have a bow build on her yet. Probably rivals Jack in most cases and I bet she completely outclasses anyone if the target is immune to % damage.

Farming the genes needed to actually level up her skills might have to wait until the next time though. I'm not sure how much more of doing the same routine I can take. It's brutally boring to farm stage 3. Being unable to auto it is like pulling teeth.

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Battle: Hellfire and Grace are what you should concentrate on until you hit the third rank. Maxing those two out will get you there.
Support: I favor hero XP at rank 1, expedition time reduction at rank 2, crystal frequency on rank 3, and stamina recovery time on rank 4.
Ancient Coins: Either Mu or Unknown. Mu's more certain as a stun, but I think Unknown's a much better character, and it only takes 18 days to get him now, if you can max out your buys.
Equipment: Your basic desires are for bows (+Attack/Crit) and armor (+HP/Defense). You basically can't get accessories without doing gacha, so save all of them that you get, and worry about optimizing them later.
Always level up your potentials to max (costs 300 mana stones) before changing them. You absolutely want to do this, you can't use mana rocks for literally anything else, and while potentials can't radically change how a character works, they can be a significant boost.

There was a list posted previously about what to spend your crystals on, I hope somebody put it in the OP.

Thanks that helps a lot!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Ayndin just left the game and the guild, anybody need a spot?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

:frogsiren: They buffed the drops from gold & potential stone dungeons. They are worth running on Sundays now! :frogsiren:

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

Ayndin just left the game and the guild, anybody need a spot?

I'd like to join, but I'm still a lowbie and if someone else that has played for longer wants in I'll wait for another spot to open up.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Superschaf posted:

I'd like to join, but I'm still a lowbie and if someone else that has played for longer wants in I'll wait for another spot to open up.

First come, first served. Level doesn't matter. Tried to send an invite to PGGB, you're already in a guild. You'll have to remove yourself and wait 24 hours, I think, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

NinjaDebugger fucked around with this message at 00:18 on Feb 29, 2016

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

NinjaDebugger posted:

First come, first served. Level doesn't matter. Tried to send an invite to PGGB, you're already in a guild. You'll have to remove yourself and wait 24 hours, I think, but it shouldn't be a big deal.

I left just now, so 24h from now I should be good.

Tsurupettan
Mar 26, 2011

As a testament to how much free IAP currency this game shits at you, I've been playing less than two weeks and already have Expedition 10 and the only thing I bought was the $2 or $3 newbie pack. I look forward to raking in coins for Mu every day.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

Tsurupettan posted:

As a testament to how much free IAP currency this game shits at you, I've been playing less than two weeks and already have Expedition 10 and the only thing I bought was the $2 or $3 newbie pack. I look forward to raking in coins for Mu every day.

This.

I have like 600 gems saved up just trying to figure out what to spend them on. I've expanded my friends list to 50 so I guess I'll start blowing them on Lord Mastery points?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

MarcusSA posted:

start blowing them on Lord Mastery points?

Yep, that's a good idea until you have the 15% hp, 9% attack, and 4.5% defense in Battle Mastery.

MarcusSA
Sep 23, 2007

van fem posted:

Yep, that's a good idea until you have the 15% hp, 9% attack, and 4.5% defense in Battle Mastery.

Awesome that's what I will be working on

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I rolled through until Foose but now I'm getting trashed. A couple more questions:

I see that friend points can be used in these Red Capsules. Any particular level I should pull (1 star, 2 star, etc.)?

In Tower of Dawn it seems like you just try to get as far as possible in a month, in Dimensional Breakthrough you try to get as far as possible in a day (and then reset) and Battle of Honor seems to just be a ladder thing. Do I have this right? Is Battle of Honor just a thing to get Nox and Persona? Lena seems to be very good, is she the main reason to do Dimensional Breakthrough?

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

Superschaf posted:

Any particular level I should pull (1 star, 2 star, etc.)?

In Tower of Dawn it seems like you just try to get as far as possible in a month, in Dimensional Breakthrough you try to get as far as possible in a day (and then reset) and Battle of Honor seems to just be a ladder thing. Do I have this right? Is Battle of Honor just a thing to get Nox and Persona? Lena seems to be very good, is she the main reason to do Dimensional Breakthrough?

Pull the highest level of red capsules you can.

Battle of Honor also rewards IAP (red crystals) based on rank. I generally just auto-battle on the weekend, but if you're low level it may not be worth your time.

Lena is the coveted reward for Dimensional :bang:, yes.

Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

Just another "gently caress dimensional break" post.

I like how broken the matchmaking is for this mode that it somehow manage to think a 5* Serendi with a bunch of 2* heroes for STAGE 1 was acceptable. I know you can reroll your opponents but you're wasting the free roll on the very first stage.

Really wish they would make the gene acquirement for this place more consistent. DB probably the worst thing about this game.

overseer07
Mar 30, 2003
Pillbug
I have yet to every reroll into an opponent that isn't considerably stronger.

Agent355
Jul 26, 2011

I need friends and a guild.

I'm using the google doc but I don't know how old it is so I'll also just stick my IGN here: Agent355

Is there just the one goon guild from the OP right now? Is it still full? How's that all shake out.

Also I wish i found this thread yesterday before I bought a lord costume, didn't realize it was such a big waste of money. At least I got level 10 expeditions already. I guess I'll expand my friend's list even though I only got like 5 friends atm.

Agent355 fucked around with this message at 22:22 on Mar 2, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Superschaf
May 20, 2010

I just noticed the daily quest for modifying a potential (essentially meaning I could modify a potential for free). Exchanged +15 attack on Carrot for +320 defense. Any guidelines as to what potentials are good and also what values?

• Locked thread