Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Somefool
Feb 17, 2011

If guys aren't sure if you can run guild raid 22 times for the event, don't forget you can blow a key or some crystals to run it a 2nd time for it to count. Technically you can get it done in 11 days if you're willing to waste some resources.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

What happens in the course of duty is up to you...
Celestial (!!) being awakened in the patch today. Her Awakening skill does AE sealing too. Her 2 got a flat attack % boost (135.9%->153.4%) and her 3 got a boost to the Final Skill Power if hitting 3+ enemies (18.5%->24%).

Mini Yeka red gemstone shop is back.

Can also get a new Soul Gear for Celestial that gives +15% Seal chance instead of +10% (as well as +12.6% damage), and boosts her 3's damage by 9.7% and ignore defense by 1040. No +healing boost to her passive like the current ones. And 500 crit rate instead of 5% resist set bonus. Of course I'm assuming this will be $$ only :(

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Celestial (!!) being awakened in the patch today. Her Awakening skill does AE sealing too. Her 2 got a flat attack % boost (135.9%->153.4%) and her 3 got a boost to the Final Skill Power if hitting 3+ enemies (18.5%->24%).

Mini Yeka red gemstone shop is back.

Can also get a new Soul Gear for Celestial that gives +15% Seal chance instead of +10% (as well as +12.6% damage), and boosts her 3's damage by 9.7% and ignore defense by 1040. No +healing boost to her passive like the current ones. And 500 crit rate instead of 5% resist set bonus. Of course I'm assuming this will be $$ only :(

Word from translations of the naver page is that it'll be like 1900 crystals per SG set, or a cash package to get all three. Costumes will be 990 crystals a pop, or a package for all three, as well.

The soul gears you want to get are Lena (+1 range on her 3) and Yeka (+1 range/area on her passive and 100% seal chance) Celestial may well be better off with her free sg, especially the wings.

The costume you want to get is 100% Lena (+1 Move) (also it turns Lena into Sailor Mars!), the other two are optional.

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Where do you even use Lena? Mine's not leveled up, so I've basically never used her.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

DemonMage posted:

Where do you even use Lena? Mine's not leveled up, so I've basically never used her.

She used to be king poo poo of hot mountain in the heavy melee days. nowadays she mostly gets used to pop cannons in the tower, a task for which she is now absolutely perfect, but in certain boh maps, she will be invaluable, and the +1 range on her 3 means she's a real candidate for raids and a number of other possible uses.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Does anyone have a better Wednesday strategy video than this one(the real video starts at 7 minutes or so)? I realize Wednesday is over now, but i'll still need it for next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlfIuxUZ6_c

I'm not doing quite enough damage to kill the boss while Lilid is in position below it. Essentially, I'm killing it on the Mercenary Nox's turn, so it's full health and a stage progressed fresh for the next round. Then, Lilid moves below him, the round progresses as normal and I just don't do quite enough damage to kill it. That means lilid is still below him, so he turns to face Lilid and that's pretty much the end of it. Since he's turned, everyone moves to try and get direction advantage and it all falls apart.

Any suggestions?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Vincent Valentine posted:

Does anyone have a better Wednesday strategy video than this one(the real video starts at 7 minutes or so)? I realize Wednesday is over now, but i'll still need it for next week.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=GlfIuxUZ6_c

I'm not doing quite enough damage to kill the boss while Lilid is in position below it. Essentially, I'm killing it on the Mercenary Nox's turn, so it's full health and a stage progressed fresh for the next round. Then, Lilid moves below him, the round progresses as normal and I just don't do quite enough damage to kill it. That means lilid is still below him, so he turns to face Lilid and that's pretty much the end of it. Since he's turned, everyone moves to try and get direction advantage and it all falls apart.

Any suggestions?

when we were using that strat, we hobbled our long term damage slightly by running daso/beast rain to get enough damage to make the required kills. You end up better off thna the old strat, and as you get more damage you can scale back to raid sets.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Well, Camilla in slot 4 in this weeks Battlefield of Honor certainly isn't aggravating as hell or anything. A perfectly reasonable and balanced gameplay experience.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Well, Camilla in slot 4 in this weeks Battlefield of Honor certainly isn't aggravating as hell or anything. A perfectly reasonable and balanced gameplay experience.

She is -super- aggravating, and the solution is slot 1 Celestial or Yeka(with SG)

vulturesrow
Sep 25, 2011

Always gotta pay it forward.
Thinking of jumping into this game. Is op still relatively accurate?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

vulturesrow posted:

Not super accurate, but if you jump in the discord, people will be happy to help.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.

vulturesrow posted:

It... could be better. Lots has happened.

As a new player, the first CONTINENT of the game will be very easy if you grab Thanatos and level him up. Follow the tutorial, and do things. Experiment with different heroes, but only focus on those that "can be awakened" (you can filter for these heroes in the hero menu).

Unlike other similar F2P games, having heroes is not necessarily the thing that separates powerful players from weaker ones. Each hero is a tool in your toolbox, and each one is useful... somewhere. Some are more versatile, but almost every hero has some utility in some mode, in some fight, somewhere. You can expect to be able to unlock almost every hero... some were time limited, alas-- it's unlikely the Noblesse heroes are coming back, for instance, due to contract concerns. But pretty much every hero can be yours. And you want to collect them all as fast as possible, so that you can choose to develop which heroes you need for whatever you are trying to do. At first, you won't be able to help thinking of certain heroes as "your main team", but try not to get too attached to anyone.

The thing that actually separates the whales from everyone else is equipment. And that's the real way you power up over the course the the game. You'll move your good equipment from hero to hero constantly. Luckily, the UI for this is MUCH better than it used to be.

But what should you do, first of all? Just try to beat the 1st continent of the story. Again, with Thanatos, this will be easy. Hopefully not so easy you get bored... but... it's going to be pretty easy, and not reflective of the real game. Don't expect too much of it. Once you get through that, come back and we'll have more help for you. But remember: have a variety of heroes to swap around, and gear is the real power of the game.

MagicAlex
Jan 6, 2007

Should I bother with the equipment I get from extracting or should I just extract it too?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Just extract it too. I guess if you're really desperate for any upgrades you can get, you can +15 it I think but it seems like a waste to bother to me. Whereas you can never have enough mod potions.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
2* sets can't be +15'd, they only go to +12. Back before +15 was a thing, they were useful enough for filling set gaps... for example, sticking a suit of armor in the middle of Slime King for extra defense when you don't need to 3 set bonus that only work vs attack enemy types. But now... no. 3* if you must, they can at least go to +15, but it's better to use higher stars even for your gap fill items. 2* just isn't worth it.

Very early game, they might be the best you can get, but now that we have summons, even that's a stretch-- 3* sets aren't that hard to come by.

2* sets are useful for insta-upgrading to +9 and extracting for more mod pots. Granted, even rust does as good a job at that, but 2* sets almost give back as many additional 2* sets when you extract them as you spend, so you don't need to keep going back to world conquest for more gear to extract.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is Noble Kin one of the new sets?

If not, does anyone know if the drain damage effect works with Camillas passive? Cause boy howdy that sounds good.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Wanted a fresh start, so I deleted my file. Joined Overflowtax as Callman.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Is Noble Kin one of the new sets?

If not, does anyone know if the drain damage effect works with Camillas passive? Cause boy howdy that sounds good.

It does not. Honestly, this is no surprise as typically those kind of effects only trigger when it's your "turn", or at the very least when an enemy is not the one currently acting. That said, it triggers on counter attacks which is very nice, and 3000 def ignore is nothing to sneeze at.

I've got a dumb dream of Cat Sidhe using it, with Maid Mary and anyone who buffs dodge with that new set that applies effects twice. I don't think it'll actually work in practice, but The Dream™ is that that team would be very tough to kill and would have a shitload of armor ignore.

Edit: Speaking of the new support set that applies buffs twice: Nirvana with his soul gear applies 5,940 defense. Doubling that with the new set gives them 12,000 additional defense. That's gonna be interesting to see.

Vincent Valentine fucked around with this message at 10:01 on Dec 1, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

According to posts on naver, the tower of dawn is going to reset on the 15th this month for an event, so finish it quick if you can!

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat
I gave this a go after some friends talked about it. I have no idea how this counts as a mobile/casual game - it's ludicrously complex with all the different mechanics and power up choices.
Once pressing auto no longer works I might go look for a guide that tries to explain how to get the most out of F2P drops. I read the OP but it made my head spin - the sub title is very apt, way too much stuff.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
The secret to F2P is actually doing PVP. You need to grind it out. As a new player, you won't be able to get to platinum, which means losing won't hurt your score ever. Just get as high as you can, and every week you'll get crystals. People who complain about not having enough crystals just aren't playing PVP at all, and you NEED to in order to get good gear as a F2P player.

If you find yourself enjoying the game, no need to break the bank-- just consider getting the $5/month "coocoo package", which gives 50 extra crystals a day. It helps, and isn't bad, as far as subscription costs go. But I know at least one dedicated pure-F2P player (in my guild) who is top ranked in PVP on the Pioneer server and can even clear the Hell Tower of Dawn. F2P is possible. But you have to PVP to do it.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

If you find yourself enjoying the game, no need to break the bank-- just consider getting the $5/month "coocoo package", which gives 50 extra crystals a day. It helps, and isn't bad, as far as subscription costs go. But I know at least one dedicated pure-F2P player (in my guild) who is top ranked in PVP on the Pioneer server and can even clear the Hell Tower of Dawn. F2P is possible. But you have to PVP to do it.

FWTReddit, the top guild on Global server, currently has two completely f2p players, never spent a dime. It's all strategic spending of crystals and tickets, and making sure to do everything, especially BOH.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Speaking of Tickets, what with all the mileage events, I think a lot of people (including myself) have 6* tickets now. And we have new 6* sets released. Are the priorities changed?

I hear people talking about God of Massacre, and it looks like that'd be an awesome boost for Guild Raid, but I'm not 100% sure it's a priority over everything else... and don't know about the other new sets. I don't have Unprecedented or Devil Knight, and only 2/3s of Iron Fist, which are other sets I'd love to have. For Raids, 2nd slot could benefit from Time For Your Shot... but I'm doing decently well with 5* sets I guess, so... I dunno. I thought about a second Wisdom, but I already have 2 and a bit complete sets of CoCK, which is similar enough. Argh... I also completely lack revive sets. I mean, I'm doing okay in BoH... top 100 on Pioneer (could probably manage top 50 if I didn't have to work right before the reset when people really push for top spots)... but lack of revive is probably hurting me there.

I currently have:

Slot 1: 2/3 Iron Fist, Crusader's Path, Rebel Army, Slime King, 1/3 Death Blow, 1/3 Knight of the Dawn, Unassailable, and Bloody Melee.
Slot 2: 4/3 Daso, 2/3 Lumen Hymn, Cave Chaser, 2/3 Lab Demon, 1/3 Taunting Busybody, and The Immortal
Slot 3: 4/3 Beast Rain, Rebel Army Commander, High Human Guardian, 1/3 Surgery, 1/3 Death Bringer, Coocoo Rangers, (and most of the character specific sets)
Slot 4: 1/3 Tower of Dawn Guardian, Ghost Step, Pathfinder, DotE, Wisdom, and a whopping 7/3 CoCK
Slot 5: Omni, Angel Knight, Magical Marksman, 1/3 Avici

My priorities are Guild Raid and BoH, although I'd like to eventually be able to do Hell. I feel like I should be able to do at least a little Hell with what I've got, but I keep failing even 112.

Iunnrais fucked around with this message at 04:58 on Dec 3, 2017

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

Speaking of Tickets, what with all the mileage events, I think a lot of people (including myself) have 6* tickets now. And we have new 6* sets released. Are the priorities changed?

I hear people talking about God of Massacre, and it looks like that'd be an awesome boost for Guild Raid, but I'm not 100% sure it's a priority over everything else... and don't know about the other new sets. I don't have Unprecedented or Devil Knight, and only 2/3s of Iron Fist, which are other sets I'd love to have. For Raids, 2nd slot could benefit from Time For Your Shot... but I'm doing decently well with 5* sets I guess, so... I dunno. I thought about a second Wisdom, but I already have 2 and a bit complete sets of CoCK, which is similar enough. Argh... I also completely lack revive sets. I mean, I'm doing okay in BoH... top 100 on Pioneer (could probably manage top 50 if I didn't have to work right before the reset when people really push for top spots)... but lack of revive is probably hurting me there.

I currently have:

Slot 1: 2/3 Iron Fist, Crusader's Path, Rebel Army, Slime King, 1/3 Death Blow, 1/3 Knight of the Dawn, Unassailable, and Bloody Melee.
Slot 2: 4/3 Daso, 2/3 Lumen Hymn, Cave Chaser, 2/3 Lab Demon, 1/3 Taunting Busybody, and The Immortal
Slot 3: 4/3 Beast Rain, Rebel Army Commander, High Human Guardian, 1/3 Surgery, 1/3 Death Bringer, Coocoo Rangers, (and most of the character specific sets)
Slot 4: 1/3 Tower of Dawn Guardian, Ghost Step, Pathfinder, DotE, Wisdom, and a whopping 7/3 CoCK
Slot 5: Omni, Angel Knight, Magical Marksman, 1/3 Avici

My priorities are Guild Raid and BoH, although I'd like to eventually be able to do Hell. I feel like I should be able to do at least a little Hell with what I've got, but I keep failing even 112.

There are multiple days per week of raid that I run 3 wisdom and 2 cock. I think wisdom doesn't start to get dicey until you're considering your fourth.

For pure raid material, nothing I see is going to boost you quite as much as a set of Hunting Predator at 2, +36% attack is kind of hard to beat, but your best crossover set is likely to be either God of Massacre or Stone Monkey. Incidentally, stone monkey is a loving fantastic set now, 6000 defense more than outweighs the loss of no armor/brooch (even transcended you make a profit of something like 3500 defense) and 10k attack is off the loving charts.

Ratzap
Jun 9, 2012

Let no pie go wasted
Soiled Meat

Iunnrais posted:

The secret to F2P is actually doing PVP. You need to grind it out. As a new player, you won't be able to get to platinum, which means losing won't hurt your score ever. Just get as high as you can, and every week you'll get crystals. People who complain about not having enough crystals just aren't playing PVP at all, and you NEED to in order to get good gear as a F2P player.

I'm still fairly confused about all the upgrades for various things and all the equipment sets. I used the free awakening on Thanatos and the free 5 star things on units I got off various islands. I left it for hours grinding retrys to get DNA for the ones I'd upgraded and maxed all their skills. I'm halfway through Foose now and still have thousands of energy/stamina left. I've not done many PvP battles because of that really. I'm not giving this hours per day and getting through the conquest thing seems a reasonable first task.

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.
Man, they really overhauled the UI since last time I played. I just rolled a fresh account since I can't seem to get a hold of whoever I gave my old one.

What should I spend the 6* tickets on? The reddit links all seem to be months old.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

van fem posted:

Man, they really overhauled the UI since last time I played. I just rolled a fresh account since I can't seem to get a hold of whoever I gave my old one.

What should I spend the 6* tickets on? The reddit links all seem to be months old.

Ain't that a loaded question.

In general, your big initial targets are going to be the unique effects. Here's my convenient list that should be in the op, just take the first one you don't have yet!

1) Omni (slot 5)
2) Immortal (slot 2)
3) Unassilable (slot 1)
4) Unprecedented (less important now, but still amazing.)
5) Wisdom
6) Wisdom
7) Angel Knight

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Speaking of which, are there any 4* sets I should keep a hold of? I realized recently I have so many great 5 and 6* sets that I haven't equipped a 4* set in months. Probably a year. I'm just not sure if it's worth the gold and materials to transcend them if I'm literally never using them anymore

van fem
Oct 22, 2010

If you can't be right, be confusing.

Thanks!

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Speaking of which, are there any 4* sets I should keep a hold of? I realized recently I have so many great 5 and 6* sets that I haven't equipped a 4* set in months. Probably a year. I'm just not sure if it's worth the gold and materials to transcend them if I'm literally never using them anymore

If you're going to be doing hell or raiding, keep at least 1 transed set each of: all aggro sets, all terrain sets (5 sets of death tile set), make sure you have the ability to give water and swamp terrain to your entire team as well. Root Vine Walk in slot 2 is occasionally super useful. Here Comes the Gnome is a good one to keep a couple sets of, as well.

For my mental security, I keep one fully transed set of basically every set that isn't absolute garbage that's superseded by a bunch of other sets. As a bonus, you can do things like re-mod those with poo poo like minion damage for the more annoying levels of Hell. And Chaos, when we get it.

Vincent Valentine
Feb 28, 2006

Murdertime

Hey guys, I'm really, really liking Mary. Lot of reasons why, but the reason I'm posting is that I'm having a problem with keeping her asleep.

It looks like any time High Human Guardian applies it's 3 piece bonus to her(from Chris applying it, not her wearing it), she wakes up.

I don't really think not using high human is a good idea, and Mary can't really keep her distance from Chris because after sleeping for two rounds it's hard for her to catch up to re-sleep.

Any suggestions? I was thinking about putting move sets on her, but that feels like a work around and not a solution

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Hey guys, I'm really, really liking Mary. Lot of reasons why, but the reason I'm posting is that I'm having a problem with keeping her asleep.

It looks like any time High Human Guardian applies it's 3 piece bonus to her(from Chris applying it, not her wearing it), she wakes up.

I don't really think not using high human is a good idea, and Mary can't really keep her distance from Chris because after sleeping for two rounds it's hard for her to catch up to re-sleep.

Any suggestions? I was thinking about putting move sets on her, but that feels like a work around and not a solution

That's correct. Any other area aura set will do the same, including Goblin King's Order, Commander of the Central Knights, and Wisdom of the East. Your best solution, tbqh, is going to be either to boost her move a bunch (I like Intelligence War if you have it) or slap down so much MP regen that she can just spam her 3 when she gets woke. She's area type, so you can run Ketarh Apprentice, Witch's Curse, and Ketarh's Secret on her, and Klein's Secret Notebook if you have it. Slap on some MP regen from runes and lord costumes and bob's your uncle.

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
I got a 6-star set ticket and wanted to ask about my setup before sealing the deal. I'm currently running a Thanatos, Hongyeom, Chris, Muzaka, Celestial team with Omni, Omni, Eldrika, Angel Knight, Stone Monkey in slot V. My next pick would be Unprecedented from NinjaDebugger's list. However, even with the chance for double attack, I'm unsure how much extra benefit it would give to my current team since it is another slot V. In addition, I have one Wisdom already and wouldn't mind another, but would it be better than getting Unprecedented?

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Deliciouscesium posted:

I got a 6-star set ticket and wanted to ask about my setup before sealing the deal. I'm currently running a Thanatos, Hongyeom, Chris, Muzaka, Celestial team with Omni, Omni, Eldrika, Angel Knight, Stone Monkey in slot V. My next pick would be Unprecedented from NinjaDebugger's list. However, even with the chance for double attack, I'm unsure how much extra benefit it would give to my current team since it is another slot V. In addition, I have one Wisdom already and wouldn't mind another, but would it be better than getting Unprecedented?

Unprecedented has dropped in value thanks to Lena upgrade, if you already have immortal and unassailable, a second wisdom is a fine choice.

Iunnrais
Jul 25, 2007

It's gaelic.
Does absolute protection not work against a guild raid boss's death explosion? Because I'm trying to use it immediately before the explosion, and it's not providing protection.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

Iunnrais posted:

Does absolute protection not work against a guild raid boss's death explosion? Because I'm trying to use it immediately before the explosion, and it's not providing protection.

It absolutely does, I use it all the time to eke out extra turns. Chances are you've just passed the point where it can actually help.

The man called M
Dec 25, 2009

THUNDERDOME ULTRALOSER

Just curious, are there any reasons to do the Guild Raids after Unlocking Valkyrie?

DemonMage
Oct 14, 2004

Soul Gear is the main thing. And unlocking Parisol or whatever the Archer one is.

NinjaDebugger
Apr 22, 2008

The man called M posted:

Just curious, are there any reasons to do the Guild Raids after Unlocking Valkyrie?

Raid is your main source of soul stones, to buy and improve soul gear, most of which are good to great, and to improve hero marks, almost all of which are amazing.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Deliciouscesium
Apr 10, 2012
Well, so much for gold reserves. It takes about 240 million to max upgrade all the ship parts for unknown paradise.

• Locked thread