Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Robot Made of Meat

Well, it's mid-November, and it's getting more or less cold in places. A while back, I suggested a tasty warm beverage, which Forums Poster Lil' Cunty viciously impugned (well, she said it didn't sound tasty).

Tonight, I finally got myself a hot pot of water from my Bunn, and I made some Tom 'n Jerrys (Toms and Jerry?)

So, Yobbers, what's your favorite hot drink?

My three faves are:

Toms and Jerry
Got to the store and buy some Tom and Jerry mix (which is eggs and sugar)
Pour some brandy and rum into an Irish Coffee Mug
Put a glob of mix into it
Add hot water to fill
Sprinkle some Nutmeg on top for reasons.

Hot-Buttered Rum
Get out your Irish Coffee Mug(s)
Put a mildly heaping teaspoon of brown sugar in each one
Add a generous shot of rum
Fill with hot water
Float a thin slice of butter on top

Hot Brandy and Water (This one's exactly as complicated as it sounds)
Mug
Brandy
Hot water

So, tell us what warms your cockles (or other parts), BYOB!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
microwave brewski - take youre favorit beer (ipa/pale ale, etc) and slap dat sucker in the microwave. hit instant minute and press Go! once your brewski is all warmed up, put it in a stein and have at it (drink it)

Robot Made of Meat

Thank you for participating in this, my very first thread on forums dot somethingawful dot com, Dumb Crambo.

Thanks to Manifisto for the sig!

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!
hope it works out well for you :cheers:

Robot Made of Meat

*clink* :cheers:

devil

Latte but instead of coffee it's anchovies brined in kahlua

Step 1- Brine some motherbitching anchovies in kahlua

Step 2- wait a month

Step 3- Brew a loving pot of coffee bitch!

Step 4- Dump that bitch out

Step 5- Pour 2 cups of whole milk into a mug

Step 6- Put the loving anchovies in the loving mug!!

Step 7- Do Your Dishes Motherfucker

Step 8- Microwave for a minute and thirty seconds

Step 9- Salivate from your pissbreed mouth worthless peasant for you are about to sip on the teat of God himself. But before that, add in 7 tablespoons of sugar

Robot Made of Meat

I'll leave that one to the more adventurous Yobbers, Dave.

Tarranon

Diggity Dog
a classic irish coffee with a heavy cream floater and only a little bit of sugar and a dash of your preferred winter seasoning is really good and underrated

the taste of the coffee coming through the cream head and the temperature difference are fine and textures are great, just dandy

Robot Made of Meat

Tarranon posted:

a classic irish coffee with a heavy cream floater and only a little bit of sugar and a dash of your preferred winter seasoning is really good and underrated

the taste of the coffee coming through the cream head and the temperature difference are fine and textures are great, just dandy

Mmm!

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

dave. posted:

Step 2- wait a month

Step 9- Salivate from your pissbreed mouth worthless peasant for you are about to sip on the teat of God himself. But before that, add in 7 tablespoons of sugar

lol

Tarranon

Diggity Dog

dave. posted:

Step 2- wait a month

epic thissery

Robot Made of Meat

Why the fig did I decide to make my first thrad on a weekend?

Ah well.

bacalou

ron color posted:

crang:
4 cups water
1 cup unsweet crangberries or crangberry juice
1/2 cup a lemons juice
2 tsp apple cider vinegar

crangreal:
2 shots crang
shot of dry gin
part of a egg white
tbsp sugar powder
milk to taste or until it lookks really good

the naked gun:
2 parts crang
2 part oj
shot of vodka
oj usually shows up to make it. dont ask him about leslie nielsen

Pinche Rudo

Spiced Mulled Wine! This is the recipe I use for holiday parties. You can sub Vodka for Brandy, and I use a tea infuser to hold the spices instead of cheesecloth and twine.

2 medium lemons
2 medium oranges
10 whole cloves
5 cardamom pods
1 1/4 cups granulated sugar
1 1/4 cups water
2 (3-inch) cinnamon sticks
2 (750-milliliter) bottles dry red wine, such as Cabernet Sauvignon or Beaujolais Nouveau
1/2 cup brandy
Cheesecloth
Butcher’s twine

Using a vegetable peeler, remove the zest from the lemons and oranges in wide strips, avoiding the white pith; place the zest in a large saucepan. Juice the lemons and oranges and add the juice to the pan.

Place the cloves and cardamom in a small piece of cheesecloth, tie it tightly with butcher’s twine, and add the bundle to the saucepan.

Add the sugar, water, and cinnamon sticks, place the pan over high heat, and bring to a simmer, stirring to dissolve the sugar. Reduce the heat to low and continue to simmer, stirring occasionally, until the mixture is reduced by about one-third, about 20 minutes.

Add the red wine and brandy, stir to combine, and bring just to a simmer (don’t let it boil). Remove from the heat and remove and discard the spice bundle before serving.

Check out the podcast - https://rudospodcast.co

posting smiling
holiday tap
set your faucet to the red side
turn it all the way on
let preheat until it's not cold
catch the water into a cup
waft over bottle of peppermint listerine [variation "hard holiday tap": pour in just a bit of the listerine]
lie down on the floor by the heat vent

Lil Cunty

posting smiling posted:

holiday tap
turn it all the way on
waft over bottle of peppermint listerine [variation "hard holiday tap": pour in just a bit of the listerine]

lol

ty crap

ty landy

Robot Made of Meat

Jenkem Delivery posted:

I use a tea infuser to hold the spices.

This is good advice. When I make hot spiced apple cider, I put the cloves in a tea ball to keep them out of people's cups. :coffee:

Lil Cunty

Robot Made of Meat posted:

This is good advice. When I make hot spiced apple cider, I put the cloves in a tea ball to keep them out of people's cups. :coffee:

cut a slice of apple as a garnish to their cup and stick the cloves in the apple. lay the apple across the top of the mug and a cinnamon stick crosswise to the apple. but an anise star on top for extra cuteness. serve with a shot of whiskey on the side

I do this with lemons instead of apples when I have the girls over for toddies. completely customizable warm beverage experience

ty crap

ty landy

Twerkteam Pizza

dave. posted:

Step 2- wait a month

:sludgepal:

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo
What happens if you put Baileys in hot chocolate, does it get all chunky and weird like when you mix it with certain other things or is that only with cold drinks?

Because I'm thinking hot chocolate with Baileys and cinnamon and maybe some whiskey too would be awesome

Robot Made of Meat

I prefer rum or vodka in hot chocolate, but Baileys would probably be a nice addition.

Lil Cunty

fema crisis actor posted:

What happens if you put Baileys in hot chocolate, does it get all chunky and weird like when you mix it with certain other things or is that only with cold drinks?

Because I'm thinking hot chocolate with Baileys and cinnamon and maybe some whiskey too would be awesome

the baileys would be fine. the whiskey could cause the hot chocolate to curdle depending on how you make it

ty crap

ty landy

Lil Cunty

how you make the hot chocolate i mean. making whiskey is pretty standard you open the bottle and pour it in

a baby could do that

ty crap

ty landy

fema crisis actor

bweee-ooo-eee-ooo-eee-ooo

Lil Cunty posted:

how you make the hot chocolate i mean. making whiskey is pretty standard you open the bottle and pour it in

a baby could do that

um, thats not the kind of bottle baby was crying for...

ty bacalou!

alnilam

Hot toddy
Make some tea, i prefer herbal ones esp ginger or chamomile
Add honey, lime juice, and booze (i prefer whiskey or brandy, vodka works well to booze it up without adding much taste but i like the added tastes)

The lime juice is the trick that evaded me for so long... Really takes it from "hmm p much tastes like hot booze..." to "ooh tastes like a good boozy hot drink"

Lil Cunty

fema crisis actor posted:

um, thats not the kind of bottle baby was crying for...

how do you know do you speak baby

maybe that's why babies cry all the loving time bc nobody ever thinks to give a baby a stiff drink

ty crap

ty landy

alnilam

Last year lil cunty got me a hot toddy kit for secret santa :cheers:

Lil Cunty

alnilam posted:

Last year lil cunty got me a hot toddy kit for secret santa :cheers:

always got your back boo

ty crap

ty landy

Twerkteam Pizza

Lil Cunty posted:

how do you know do you speak baby

maybe that's why babies cry all the loving time bc nobody ever thinks to give a baby a stiff drink

huh, makes you think

dumb crambo
Probation
Can't post for 3 years!

posting smiling posted:

holiday tap
turn it all the way on

Manifisto

Starry Night

1/2 c. chicken and stars soup, hot
1 jigger absinthe

Combine in heatproof glass. Chase with considerably more absinthe.

ty nesamdoom!

Afro Doug

light a shot of grand marnier on fire and blow it out after a second or two. (and then drink it)

Robot Made of Meat

alnilam posted:

Hot toddy
Make some tea, i prefer herbal ones esp ginger or chamomile
Add honey, lime juice, and booze (i prefer whiskey or brandy, vodka works well to booze it up without adding much taste but i like the added tastes)

The lime juice is the trick that evaded me for so long... Really takes it from "hmm p much tastes like hot booze..." to "ooh tastes like a good boozy hot drink"

I will try this. Thanks!

Areola Grande

it's a free country u pervs
I like your style RBMoM

railroad terror

choo choo
1 cup apple cider
2 shots spiced rum

warm up in pot

add cinnamon

serve in glass with handle, add cinnamon stick and cinnamon sugar around the rim of you want

Enjoy

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Robot Made of Meat

railroad terror posted:

1 cup apple cider
2 shots spiced rum

warm up in pot

add cinnamon

serve in glass with handle, add cinnamon stick and cinnamon sugar around the rim of you want

Enjoy

I usually make spiced cider by the potful, but this sounds good too.

• Locked thread