Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
50% Entertainment By Volume. Guaranteed!
Pillbug
Anyone know of a current app that will allow me to scrape all the photos out of Google Messages? My significant other sends me a lot of pictures, but I have to manually save them so i can view them in the Photos app later. And I haven't been doing that as they come in. I just want something that I can go in with after the fact, find all the photos, and dump them into my Messages folder of the photos app so I have them all.

Google has been less that useful, and anything I've looked at has just been either a whole SMS replacement app, which I don't want, or a backup app which backs everything up somewhere, but doesn't make getting the photos any easier.

(I'm on a pixel 2 if that makes any difference)

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Thats where they go if I save them manually, sure. But I can't set them to save there automatically (or at least, I haven't been able to find a menu or option that does that).

Syves
Dec 10, 2007
Pillbug
Yeah, you folks got it. They exist somewhere on the phone, I can go thru my text history and get them manually. I'm just looking for a way to save them automatically... she has sent hundreds. Not having much luck with any search I've tried so far. Might as well get clicking.