Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Sir Lemming posted:

Help me out, goons: Does anyone remember something that I think Google was working on at some point, where you'd take pictures of rooms in a house with your phone and it would create a floor plan, or possibly a 3D model, or something?

MagicPlan is the one I remember. Stanley also makes a floor planning one.

Search for MagicPlan on the play Store and you'll find lots of options. I used one to make a floor plan once. Worked well enough. I wouldn't use it for construction, but for visualization it works.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Assistant does it. Just say/type "what song is this" and it'll give the name and sometimes lyrics.

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Chumbawumba4ever97 posted:

A few versions of Android ago, Google decided to link ringer volume and notification volumes together. Yes it's incredibly dumb and there are 300 page threads of people complaining about it on various forums around the web, but unfortunately the only way around it is to root and install GravityBox (essentially it's a root app that unveils all the SystemUI features that Google hides). Then in there, there's an option to have all volume "bars" show up when you use the volume up and down buttons and there's a second option that unlinks ringer and notification volumes.

I have a bone stock pixel 2 and if I hit the volume button it gives me a slider (which controls media volume) and directly under that slider, a button that gives me this menu:

My phone also keeps the same volume on each Bluetooth device I connect. When it connects to the car it's at full volume, but if I disconnect and pair up my headphones, volume is at 50 percent.

I don't think I set that up. Is that not a stock thing?

It won't let me adjust the volumes of headphones/wired phones/etc without the device paired and active, which is what I think they're asking for?

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

smoobles posted:

What's the simplest way to share URLs from an android phone to an iPad? Wife and I just found an old iPad Air 2 and are using it as a kitchen ipad now, would be nice to find recipes on our phones and send them to the ipad quickly.

I just put them as Google Keep notes

St_Ides
May 19, 2008

Incessant Excess posted:

I'll be taking a trip soon for which I bought various tickets (plane, train, events). Is there an app that lets me add the various pdfs? I thought Google Wallet might but it seems fairly limited and doesn't let you add just any pdf or screenshot.

My solution to this would just be a folder on google drive. It won't look fancy but it should work.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

St_Ides
May 19, 2008
Are they texting from Android or iPhones. I remember something like this being an issue a long, long time ago. Something about iMessage accidentally adding character strings to text messages that weren’t going to other iMessage users.