Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

I'm looking for a mail app, that I can disable to not start on startup. I'm currently using Aquamail, but even with a rooted bootloader I can't prevent it from starting up. As I'm notoriously low on RAM, that kind of sucks.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

"Whether the Earth was created in 7 days, or 7 actual eras, I'm not sure we'll ever be able to answer that. It's one of the great mysteries."

What's a good jazz song book app for Android? Ideally I'd like hundreds of songs both as sheet music and tablature, maybe built in playback and transposition.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Thermopyle posted:

A lot of apps like that you're more likely to get good answers from jazz song forums and communities rather than a general app thread like this.

yeah, probably gonna try this as well.

Rifter17 posted:

The closest thing I've seen is iReal Pro, but it does not have lead sheets or melodies, instead it focuses on changes. You can select different styles of playback and transpose it pretty easily. It's designed to provide a backing track and I've found it pretty useful for practicing. I do use the app in conjunction with a real book.

I haven't seen any good way of displaying melodies or tabs on a phone. I just find the screen too small.

wow, that is one very interesting app. will buy.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

How does that Apple Music subscription work? Can I transfer the audio files to my pc, forever, or is it some drm'd filetype or streaming only?

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

Endless Mike posted:

It's no different than GPM or Spotify in that anything you download as part of the subscription is DRMed and will not play without an active sub. (Assuming there's no way to strip the DRM which I've never looked into.) Anything you've purchased through iTunes or uploaded as part of the iTunes Match service you can download and listen to forever.

Aha. Well that sucks.

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

I'm unable to upload videos to Instagram. My source is a gif I've converted to mp4. I've tried everything, from changing framerate, size, etc. to just uploading it to giphy and letting them to the conversion. But no matter what I do, the video files are just greyed out in Instagram's file selection, I can't select them. Maybe it's not enabled for my device/ Android version?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mike12345
Jul 14, 2008

incogneato posted:

I've only uploaded videos I took with my phone's own camera, but that works fine so it's definitely not that Instagram won't do videos from Android. I've never actually seen something greyed out when trying to upload, video or otherwise.

Will it let you select a video that you just take with your phone's camera app? If so, I'm guessing it has something to do with the format from your conversion. I'm not sure what Instagram's video preferences are, though.

No, I figured it out. I upload all my pics to Google Drive and access it via Instagram, but apparently if the file is too big, or it's a video, it's greyed out. I dl'd the video and now it shows up fine.