Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
I'm looking to unload some stuff on Craigslist, so I was hoping to get a recommendation on a burner phone number app. I would prefer that the app doesn't require re-purchasing of minutes/credits every month, which it looks like Burner does? Hushed is offering a lifetime number that doesn't appear to need monthly credits, but the reviews make them sound unreliable. I saw there are other apps, like Text Me Up, but I don't know much about it. I wouldn't even mind if it's texts only. Any ideas, or would it better and/or more cost effective to get an actual pre-paid phone?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008

Blue Train posted:

Why not just get a Google voice number

Oh I forgot to mention I'm on project Fi, so I think that means you can't use Google voice with the same account you use with Fi. I've never used Google voice before. Would it work if I activate a voice number on another account and somehow forward calls to my number?

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Anyone here use a package tracking app? It looks like there a few popular ones. Slice was recommended by a older pcmag article. Apparently, it accesses your emails to find tracking info. While convenient, I would prefer something that isn't so invasive. Is there an app that lets you put in tracking numbers manually that anyone can recommend? Or do they all generally have a lot of permissions? What do you use and why do you prefer it?

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
Thanks for the reply. I ended up doing a bit more digging around, and ended up going with package tracker express. It's pretty minimalist, doesn't have a widget, and you can enter codes manually. Not many app permissions too.

crack mayor
Dec 22, 2008
I've been using Package Tracker Express. I like it, but I haven't tried anything else. If you try it, lemme know how it compares.