Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Does anyone know of an app, widget, xposed module or whatever that would let me force the device into sleep/standby (or I guess also turn off and reboot) without using the physical power button?

I have my tablet mounted in the car such that I can't easily access the power button, and sometimes it fails to go into sleep when it loses external power.

nocal posted:

Google maps? Waze? Here? These have been good apps for years now.

I have all three installed on the above device, they all have their strengths and weaknesses, but I wouldn't say any of them are actually bad in any way.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
^^^
What the gently caress is AMP?

Is there a legit up to clean up various cached garbage? I just nuked half a gig of cat videos from the Whatsapp cache on my mom's MotoG but it's a pain in the rear end to do regularly and also for viber, IG and other apps. I actually did the "delete data/cache" from the Android options but it didn't do poo poo to the useless videos.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Is there a decent app for calorie tracking that isn't MyFitnessPal? It's been annoying me with ads, pointless "community" poo poo and sending my data to u see armor recently. All it really needs is a half decent nutrition database.

mobby_6kl
Aug 9, 2009

by Fluffdaddy
Haha.

I only really watch stuff on my phone when cooking so I've been happy enough with just the adblock in Samsung's browser. If I could get a mobile browser with sponsor block, that would be that.

I have a cheapo Android head unit in my car, it works great, but I have some issues pairing some BT devices. Specifically an OBD2 dongle and a BTLE remote control. I was hoping to use the latter as a hardware remote, as the HU only has capacitive buttons which suck when driving. But it won't pair with these, there's a weird custom UI which detects the devices, but nothing happnes when I tap them.

Is there a way to bypass this and use either the normal Android bluetooth settings or some custom, 3rd party way to try to pair these?