Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Sign me up for some dirty tweaks!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I had a play with an app called Alibi, which you can run 24/7, but only caches the last hour. You need to go into the app and then save the last hour if you want to persist it forever.

Sometimes it works pretty well, other times not so much.

If anybody else has any suggestions I'd be interested!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
If that doesn't do what you need, try genymotion or nox.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

Mogomra posted:

Has anyone else had an issue with Hangouts where replying to a message from the notification doesn't do anything at all?

It has all the visual feedback of actually sending the message, but in the end nothing is actually sent.

Mine does this, it just spins there and does nothing. Running 7.1.2.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Factory reset?

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

lostleaf posted:

So this might be the wrong thread to ask but does anyone have recommendations for android emulator for windows? Basically I would like to access play book and play music offline on my windows tablet. I don't play any games.

I tend to use Nox. Seems less bloated than bluestacks but YMMV.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I've been using xodo lately for my pdf reading, after somebody recommended it to me. Seems to do the job!

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Guys at work are always banging on about Strava.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
Yup you can log to an exercise.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I use Kiwi Browser https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.kiwibrowser.browser&hl=en

Seems to do a pretty good job blocking ads.

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010

LastInLine posted:

What's up with this Kiwi Browser that everyone's writing about today? What's the horrible secret behind why I shouldn't consider it?

I use Kiwi browser without any issues? What problems are being talked about?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Roid666
Jul 18, 2010
I've used https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.asus.filemanager for like forever and it's been great!