Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Meldonox posted:

Welp, Tasker's back. Hooray.

Do icon pack recommendations count as app talk? I'm using Nova and I'm kinda curious if I'm missing out on a good one.

I just got minimalistik a couple weeks ago and I have been really happy with it. I posted a screen shot in the android customization thread.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
Sorry guys not only did I have the name.wrong I thought I put a link. Yay for late night posting. It's materialistik and the link is here. https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.sikebo.materialistik.material.icons

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Taffer posted:

Just yesterday I got materialistik and nova launcher just so I could use it. I've never used a 3rd party launcher but I have no regrets, it's great.

Now I just need a grenade icon that doesn't suck. (sorry I know this isn't exactly the thread for this)

Yeah the guy who made that icon pack is pretty talented. I believe he takes requests as well. Maybe when I get home later I can see if I can contact him and request an awful icon.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Thermopyle posted:

You can also use Google Drive I think.

edit: yeah you can

Also, the OP is missing grocery apps. I don't use one, but I was just thinking about getting something set up for wife and I to use. Is Our Groceries still the thing to use?

I use Bring! for groceries but I don't think it does any syncing but I don't need it in my situation since I do most of the list making and my wife always goes shopping with me. With the bring app I just like t because it has big buttons and that works for me but I am sure there are much better grocery list apps.

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
Does anyone know of an ebook reader for children? I would like something that I could upload my own ebooks to. I use Moonreader for myself but I thought there might be something that is simpler for kids. In the meantime I'll just use moon reader for the little ones too.

Teaches of Peaches fucked around with this message at 04:24 on Jan 17, 2016

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...
I have an odd situation but thought someone here might have a suggestion. I started a new job and the building I am working in has poor reception. Mostly because its down in a gully and the room is sort of a basement room. The problem I ran into today was battery drain. I figure most of the problem is my phone trying to get reception and ping for various location services. Is there a way disable stuff like that short of putting my phone in airplane mode? I can still receive calls and text I just don't have data etc in that area of the buidling. Today I spent most of the day in that area and my phone was at like 35% by lunch which is unusual. This is a Samsung S6 for reference.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Teaches of Peaches
Aug 10, 2010

Huh!? What? Right...

Uthor posted:

Stab in the dark:
-turn off cellular data?
-change your preferred data type to 2G

That's what I was thinking. Turn off GPS and data. I just wasn't sure if it would help. I can give it a try tomorrow though.