Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I am experiencing a weird android clock bug. There is an alarm that is set always a few minutes into the future. It never rings because when the clock gets to that time it just pushes it back a bit again.

I've tried clearing cache, disable and enabling it, but it always comes back. Any ideas?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
Booting it in safe mode does eliminate this, but I have no other alarm apps and have uninstalled all apps that I am aware have alarms (such as pandora). Is there a way to check apps that have access to this particular sort of function?

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I have tried cancelling all alarms and asking it to list all alarms and there is nothing listed there, though on that screen on the clock app it does show up. Also, no automation apps.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012

LastInLine posted:

Maybe the alarm is when you're going to die, and you keep getting 2-4 minute reprieves?

Seriously though, some app is setting that alarm and you'll have to uninstall things until you find it. It's a third party app since it goes away in safe mode. Honestly you're probably going to have to factory reset. What phone is this?

Pixel. I was able to find the app.

joepinetree
Apr 5, 2012
I don't know if this is the best place to ask, but thought I'd give it a shot: I have an app that isn't loading. If I reinstall the app from the .apk file without uninstalling it first, will I keep my data? Or will it come up as a clean install?