Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.
People who are posting about pocket cast. What's better about it than podcast addict? Is it worth the price?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

I hope you get crushed to death by a fat guy trying to commit suicide by falling out of a window and when the paramedics answer the local bystander asking if you'll live, he just says "fat chance" and laughs.

NLJP posted:

Is there a good adblock nowadays?

I hear good things about Blokada

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

K8.0 posted:

Is anyone aware of good solution for locking ring volume? It's kinda crazy to me that somehow there appears to be no good solution for idiots who can't avoid pressing the volume buttons on their phone.

If you go to settings -> sounds and vibrations, there's an option that says "Use Volume keys for media". That way the volume keys only control the media volume. Not exactly what you were asking for, but pretty close.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

dxt posted:

Is there a more reliable option than AMDroid? I've been using it mostly fine for a few years but every once in awhile the alarm goes off with no sound. I've been late to work the last 2 days because of this. Luckily my job isn't too strict about time, but a more reliable option would be nice to have. Maybe just use the build in alarm as a backup?

I use "I can't wake up". It has random order of tasks and in the years I've used it it has never failed. You might want to check that you've allowed the app all privileges, though.

Flaskraven
Nov 20, 2012

Sininu posted:

Recommend me an app for keeping track of birthdays. Google calendar appears to suck for that purpose because you need to have the person as a contact to keep track of birthdays the official way. Only contacts I have are old people and work related stuff I still need a phone number for... And I'm not gonna make tons of contacts just for keeping track of bdays and nothing else.
I've also tried to add the birthday as a yearly recurring event or whatever in G calendar, but that makes the bday move forward each day until I dismiss it or whatever.

I don't get why you can't write it down in your Google Calendar like you would a physical calendar. That works for me.