Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Where do you live? Do you have normal amenities, like a fridge and white skin?
Can anyone recommend a good battery monitor app? Basically i just wanna see the total mAh or battery % my apps have used without resetting every time i do a full charge. Display and sensor percentages would also be nice.

I absolutely won't use anything that uses ads and would definitely prefer open source.

Verge fucked around with this message at 01:51 on Jun 29, 2018

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Ola posted:

Does this mean they will crack down on music uploaded to YouTube?

I doubt it. I'd bet they still make tons of royalty-free money off those.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Does anyone know an app for Facebook that kills video ads? I'm tempted to try Metal for Facebook https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=com.nam.fbwrapper but I'm afraid it'll contain malware.

Yes, I know that Facebook *is* malware or other crapppy poo poo.

Also this: https://play.google.com/store/apps/details?id=it.rignanese.leo.slimfacebook

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Mikl posted:

Metal for Facebook is just a nice wrapper for Facebook's mobile site. I've been using it for years now (I have the pro version) and I'm pretty satisfied with it.

Thank you! Does it kill video ads?

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

elmer chud posted:

Accubattery will show you app and display usage, though I am not sure if it resets after a charge. I'm not sure if it has ads; you should use DNS66 to block them, anyway.

Sorry for late reply: but dns66 contains ads. Doesn't that defeat the purpose? Or is there a pro version?

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

bollig posted:

Sorry if this has been asked a million times, but I have a chromebook and an old android phone. Is it possible to use the phone as an external touchpad for the chromebook?

Pretty sure there's a few apps for that. Can't shill any though, unfortunately. But I'm sure Google will return good results for you.

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

LastInLine posted:

Honestly I'm fine with that. Seems like it would help newspapers more than what they'd get via advertising.

Yeah i gotta agree; we've (society) been looking for a way to monetize journalism without ads because of adblock for quite some time and this seems like it.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Verge
Nov 26, 2014

Is it possible that the apps don't like the insecure public WiFi?