Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

The Greater Goon: Breaking Hearts and Chains since 2006
IRC
  • Andchat is currently abandonware, but it works well enough and supports Samsung's Multiwindow.
  • qicr is still actively developed, and has both widget and the ability to chat from the notification bar, if you need that. Also, open sores.
  • IRCCloud has an app that apparently works well with their free tier of service.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

torgeaux posted:

Is there a groceries/inventory app that uses the bar code scanner? It seems such a no brainer.
I use Mighty Grocery.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Thermopyle posted:

The ideal solution would come from the carrier, but carriers suck so here we are.
Hold on-- Sprint has carrier-level call blocking (and it works well IME), you're telling me that Sprint does something better than other carriers? :vince:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Sereri posted:

Kinda makes me want to include Android Auto support in Awful just to see how many goons I can kill
:getin:

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

calandryll posted:

What app are you using on Android? I've got my own instance of TTRSS. Wouldn't mind something to connect to with my tablet when I'm on vacation.
I use the unofficial app, and it works well, and is free, to boot.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

GutBomb posted:

WebOS (palm pre) had it right in my opinion.
The Palm Prē came out 7 years ago and this is still an evergreen sentence.

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

Mogomra posted:

What QR code scanner so people use these days? I just tried Google Goggles and it doesn't seem to do anything.
Barcode Scanner.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

nmfree
Aug 15, 2001

effika posted:

I really wanted to like Dark Skies, but the app didn't show me wind speed/direction.
Underneath the hourly weather info, the line where it says Temp • Feels-Like • Precip Prob can be scrolled left and right and you can select wind, dew point, etc.