Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

I prefer the mobile website version of Facebook because I can do everything on Facebook without having to install two separate apps.

Question: on my older phone I loved Dashclock, because it showed summer really useful information to me at a glance and the shortcuts were great.

Now that I have a bigger phone: holy poo poo. A 4x2 widget is a huge loving waste of space on your home screen.

Is there anything like Dashclock that can display the same info with the same kind of shortcuts in a 4x1 (or smaller) widget?

Dashclock doesn't allow you to resize the widget, and I even tried "better Dashclock". It does the same poo poo but does allow you to resize widget: but everything gets cut off.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Anyone else use DashClock? For the past few days, I've not been able to get the weather to show up on the widget despite uninstall/removing/re-adding the widget. I've disabled/re-enabled the extension as well, I've even tried BetterWeather but it seems to do nothing at all. Rebooted my phone as well.

Any suggestions?

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Thanks, it looks like BetterWeather had an update just this morning that fixed the issue- at least with that extension. So its working fine for me now.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Skeezy posted:

This sounds awesome. Looking forward to it.

OTOH, both your computer and your phone have to be logged into your Microsoft account.

If that doesn't involve a Microsoft app on your phone, I'm guessing at the very least it will require you to re enable all the poo poo you disabled in Windows 10 so Microsoft can track everything you do.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

LastInLine posted:

What bugs are you all seeing? Hangouts works great for me.

It doesn't give a flying gently caress about what your phone's rules are for Do not Disturb if someone sends you a Hangouts message.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

CLAM DOWN posted:

Hangouts definitely follows the rules for Do Not Disturb on my phone.

What the gently caress then? Even when they send a hangouts message to you? I double checked that so and so dude isn't a starred contact but this one dude's hangouts messages still come through even in do not disturb hours.

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

No God Damnit I figured it out, the dude was somehow a starred contact even though he shouldn't have been.

Thanks for the help though and reading my bitching.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Doctor Butts
May 21, 2002

Are there any apps that integrate with calendar/Google maps that let you set something like an ”arrive by” time for certain events/calendars?

For instance, I have a calendar for hockey games on Google calendar that I import from the league website whenever it updates.

With calendar/maps it'll tell me that I have to leave in x minutes to arrive on time. That isn't all that helpful because I need to get there x minutes before the game to have time to get my gear on.

I guess I could set a notification for that calendar that goes off an hour before the event: but some rinks take more time to get to than others.