Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Watchdog has been loving up ever since I got pushed Android 6, has anyone got another CPU alert that doesn't suck I could use? I can't even really tell what process is going crazy anymore since it doesn't give regular names, and I'm not sure it's not just throwing false alarms.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

so they were jealous of LINE and decided to make something even worse?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

n.. posted:

Is there a way to trigger IFTTT actions directly from google now? For example I just want to say "ok google, open my gate" and have it trigger my maker recipe which just send a simple https post request and opens my gate. I know there's kludgey ways to do it like sending a text or email to myself but I'd rather not do that.
Huh. If the DO Button app doesn't work with voice commands you should definitely suggest it to them, that seems like a no brainer. Any app can have hooks into Google Now, right?

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

n.. posted:

No idea. There's an Amazon Alexa channel for IFTTT but no Google Now. It looks like Tasker has a companion called Autovoice which is supposed to do what I'm wanting, but it just doesn't work (plus tasker and its related apps all have a nightmare of an interface and seem like hacky pieces of poo poo, i'd rather not use them at all). There's got to be something simpler.
If you wanted to use IFTTT you could use the DO app which is IFTTT's app for triggering a recipe from your phone. There are no trigger channels for them because a DO is triggered by the DO app. So if the DO app doesn't have voice support that would be worth asking them.

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

Wacky Delly posted:

I need a good Halloween live wallpaper, I'm sure those still exist right?
Live wallpapers were never good, with a few small exceptions

Just get Abstract Art and turn it to something orangey and call it good

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

CrashCat
Jan 10, 2003

another shit post

YggiDee posted:

I don't usually get any surveys that precise, but I'm in Canada and usually have data disabled. Mostly Google hasn't seemed to figure out that I work retail yet, the questions are all things like 'Hey Yggi what vacation planning website do you like best' 'which car manufacturers make you feel emotionally secure' 'how much more will you pay for beef if you know it's locally grown'.

Google I live in a townhouse.
That would be nice, I only get the location prompts or questions about extremely niche hobbies I've never even thought about before