Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Some notes about Android Apps in general
Malware: Not really an issue if you stick to the Google Play Store.
Free: I mostly link to the paid version of apps below, but some of them have a free, more limited version available. Just search if you want to see.
More apps: If you think this list is missing an app, or has an app that shouldn't be here, let me know! Mention it in thread, and PM me if I haven't gotten around to it.

I can’t really think of any other notes!

Oh, also: Android Tablet Thread, General Android thread, and Android gaming thread.

RSS
  • I run an instance of Tiny Tiny RSS which is a power-user friendly RSS reader site with a decent companion app.

Keyboards
Google Keyboard is fine for most uses, but hey, you’re going to be using this constantly so you’d best find a fit.
  • Fleksy for tappers.
  • Swype for swipers.
  • SwiftKey for tappers. Also does swiping, but by most accounts not as well as Swype.
  • Minuum is for crazy people.

Launchers
Launchers control the home screen of your phone, which may be a bit underfeatured. If you like customizing your phone, check these out.
  • Google Now Launcher: do you have TouchWiz or some other dumb skin? Replace it with this. Also I guess you can swipe left to Google Now.
  • Nova Launcher: highly resembles a basic launcher, but much lighter weight, with better features and customization (e.g. icon pack support). Nothing too quirky.
  • Action Launcher: Unique features include two side-swipe drawers for your app list (left) and custom widgets/apps (right).
  • Themer: MyColorScreen’s app. Download a whole bunch of user-submitted themes. Realize they’re all poo poo for day-to-day use. Uninstall.
  • Aviate: the new hotness is context-sensitive launchers (e.g. it detects if you’re home and puts your fancy LED lightbulb app front-and-center), and this is the best one you’ll find.

Wallpapers
Watch out for device permissions when installing anything not listed here. This category has a high concentration of malware.
  • Muzei: Widely used autoswitcher with nice blur and dim capabilities. It has plugins for just about everything imaginable, like 500firepaper.
  • Tapet: procedural material design wallpapers.
  • 500 Firepaper: Changes wallpaper on a schedule to different images from 500px. Lets you select categories and whatnot.

Widgets
Widgets used to be a very strange beast on Android, with Zooper and UCCW widget maker thingamajigs taking over. They’re bitches to use, but have basically infinite flexibility for any widget you might want to make. With the advent of material design, there are actually some good native ones, though.
  • DashClock: Designed for use as a lock screen widget, but nice anyway. Configure this to display notifications and information of your choosing using some extensions, and you’re good to go.
  • Today - Calendar Widgets: actual good widgets for Google Calendar.
  • Month is another great calendar widget with great functionality. Tap the header, see the whole year (or open an app of your choice), check out moon cycles or event descriptions in the month view, and add events from the widget itself.

File Browsers
You’d think it’s easy to get a file browser right. You’d be wrong.

Photo Gallery
QuickPic used to be the top-most pick I think, but it got bought by some Chinese company that doesn’t have the best reputation. I don’t know much about this.
  • Google Photos: Advanced deep learning (see also this which isn’t directly applicable to a gallery app, but is cool) makes searching for photos like “me and my dog at the park” work amazingly well. Of course, you have to upload your photos and videos to the cloud. Also does very cool stuff like automatically make “stories” from your vacation, or animated gifs from series of photos.
  • Piktures is pretty good.
  • I don’t know anything about any other gallery apps!

Camera apps
  • Manual Camera is a nice all-rounder, with a very polished UI, full manual controls and RAW capture. Use their compatibility checker to see which features your device supports before you buy.
  • Camera FV-5 has some extra features like burst mode, timelapses and histograms, but can't match Manual Cameras level of polish.

SMS/MMS Messaging
What, not happy with the Galaxy SMS app’s pink bubbles and Comic Sans? Okay, fine, but be warned that some of these apps might have issues with MMS, depending on your carrier.
  • Hangouts does SMS and MMS. Some people don’t like it, but its good enough for me because I mostly do Hangouts rather than SMS/MMS, and for the minority of messaging I do over SMS and MMS it works fine.
  • Messenger: Confusingly, Google also has an app that just does SMS/MMS. It is simple and works well.
  • Textra is well-featured and great.
  • SMS Backup+. It backs up your SMS and call log into Gmail. Restore on another device.

Email
The Gmail app is pretty great, and almost certainly better than your manufacturer’s “Email” app. Still...
  • Inbox is Google’s re-imagining of email workflow, and it’s really quite cool.
  • Nine is for Exchange-based email. Suckers. It seems to be the lone not-crap solution for Exchange on Android.

Alarms / Timers / Clocks
Your phone has one preloaded that works just fine, but here are some others:
  • Timely: Google-owned company made this. Fancy UI. Has some features and does some things.
  • I Can’t Wake Up! has a bevy of options for all you snoozers out there, and is better than Gentle Alarm in every way, i mean jesus how can people still be using that app?

Website / Social Media Readers
  • Twitter apps are weird, as Twitter only gives out limited quantities of dev tokens. Use the official client if you can. Plume supports multiple accounts and is free, but Fenix is best-in-class right now.
  • Something / Awful are two virtually indistinguishable apps for reading the SA forums.
  • Relay for Reddit is the best Reddit client for my money.

Podcasts
i swear, if one of you asks for any other recommendations, so help me God...
  • PocketCasts is the default, cloud-enabled app nowadays, although episode management can be unwieldy.
  • BeyondPod has some cool smart playlist functionality and generally more options than the previous, but is way harder to use.
  • Podcast & Radio Addict is easier to use than BeyondPod, not as good looking as PocketCasts.

Media Players
There is no silver bullet, but let me break some stuff down:
  • The Google Play Music app doesn’t require an all-access pass ($10/mo), and will show you local music in its player, with the ability to upload 50,000 songs to the cloud. All access buys you on-demand access to everything in the catalog. Google Play Music All Access (stupid, stupid name) also gets you subscribed to Youtube Red. Conversely, a subscription to Youtube Red also gets you GPMAA. Youtube Red gets you: Youtube without ads, saving videos offline, and playing videos in background when in other apps or when screen is off.
  • Youtube Music is a pretty cool experience for playing music videos off of Youtube. It’s more like Pandora than Spotify...but for videos. It works fine without any subscription, but you don’t get the benefits of Youtube Red mentioned above.
  • If you don’t have Spotify Premium, you’ll only be able to listen to “radios” and it will never allow you to directly select a song. The app does not have access to your device’s local library.
  • Pandora is so last decade.
  • Grab Simple Last.fm scrobbler if you use last.fm.
  • Local music players that exist: Poweramp, PlayerProp, Shuttle+
  • VLC for Android plays videos like...you know...VLC.
  • Plex: Stream and share your computer’s media.
  • Emby is a pretty cool alternative to Plex. Fully open source, even the server. They have a plex-pass like Premiere feature, but I would imagine that is only for people who really need local device sync.

Weather
  • Weather Timeline boasts some pretty drat good material-inspired design, and I haven’t needed anything else for a while. Uses the good forecast.io for weather data.
  • Someone described Arcus as spartan, but reliable. Both are true, and the widget options are pretty strong. Uses the good forecast.io for weather data.

Finance
  • Mint
  • YNAB. Good personal finance software. Requires the desktop app.
  • [your bank here], because they almost certainly have some form of an app. (though it probably sucks)

Lists / Notes / To-Dos
  • Google Keep is Google’s official reminder/notes app, and it’s pretty good for most use-cases.
  • Evernote: if you use the service, obviously.
  • Microsoft OneNote. It’s pretty good!

Administrative / Advanced
  • Llama Use your location and other triggers to change stuff on your phone.
  • IFTTT is basically Llama for other services outside your phone. Change your Google image to always match your Facebook photo! Turn on a light when you connect to a wi-fi network!
  • LightFlow is great for some phone models, as it allows you to fully customize notifications (sound, vibration, LED color, LED frequency) and set nightime modes.
  • LinkBubble opens up links in little “bubbles”, so they load while you continue reading. It’s a great idea, executed well.
  • Lux does pretty much anything you could imagine pertaining to screen brightness. Lets you set brightness for any amount of ambient light, change the circumstances under which the brightness adjusts, and it has a warm/red overlay if you dig that kinda thing. There's a lite version for free.

Security
Don’t bother with anti virus crap.
  • Google Authenticator. It’s 2015, why aren’t you using two-factor authentication yet?
  • Authy makes two-factor authentication a bit more convenient at the expense of giving a third party cloud thingy access to your verification tokens.
  • Authenticator plus is another two-factor authenticator. This one encrypts your poo poo locally and stores it i Dropbox or Google Drive.
  • LastPass manages your passwords in the cloud and syncs them between devices and desktop. Works really well at auto-filling credentials into apps and stuff on your phone. Like Authy, stores your poo poo in the cloud so know what that entails.

Web Browsers

IRC
  • Andchat is currently abandonware, but it works well enough and supports Samsung's Multiwindow.
  • qicr is still actively developed, and has both widget and the ability to chat from the notification bar, if you need that. Also, open sores.
  • IRCCloud has an app that apparently works well with their free tier of service.
  • Hermes is another IRC Client. Has some UI quirks, but is Material and pretty

Other Crap
  • Google Goggles is stuck in the Gingerbread days but still is a great, comprehensive scanner camera for QR codes, product barcodes, and text translation.
  • PushBullet: Everything you need to have your computer and mobile device talk to each other. It’s great.
  • Google Opinion Rewards: Let Google know that yes, you did visit Walgreen’s yesterday, and get some change for IAPs in return.
  • JuiceSSH does a thing that you care about if you're a computer janitor.
  • MuPDF is a lightweight interface for a snappy PDF rendering engine. Does just enough to let you open a PDF on your phone without wanting to kill yourself.
  • Power Toggles puts a bar at the top of your pull-down menu with buttons to quickly manipulate your settings. Like the Samsung one, but not lovely. Provides a flashlight.
  • Steam also has an android app. You can buy stuff to play on your computer and have it start downloading for you when you get home. Also some other stuff. Frankly, they need to bite the loving bullet and expand their market to actually distributing Android games, but that's not a subject we need to go into here.

Credits to f#a# for putting the original version of this list together. Most of the comments belong to this person, not me.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 18:58 on May 13, 2020

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

...the stupid are cocksure while the intelligent are full of doubt. —Bertrand Russell

Uthor posted:

What makes Fleksy better than SwiftKey?

As far as I can tell, nothing really, but its good and some people prefer it (not me).

OP updated with the suggestions so far...

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Astrotrain posted:

Authenticator plus is the paranoid authy. Syncs an encrypted database to either drive or Dropbox. Also does encrypted manual backup if that's more your thing.

Hey, thats nifty.

That's not very convincing to me without context about whether their security history is worse than you would expect for a company to be. I mean, every company has screwups, so saying "don't use LastPass because they've messed up" doesn't mean anything.

I would literally not believe it if you told me that LP had never had issues.

The real test is whether or not they've had breaches of user passwords.

All security is a matter of tradeoffs...particularly the tradeoff of convenience vs security and AFAIK there is not a non-cloud-based password manager that is as convenient as LastPass.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Sir Unimaginative posted:

My concern with security management by third parties is not so much that they're hackable, but that what recourse do you have when you do end up compromised. Who licenses/bonds/audits password management firms?
Same goes for your KeePass db or your windows install or your phone. Yes, you give a wider surface of attack by using a cloud provider, but you're also gaining a ton more convenience.

I mean, yes that's a trade off you should think about, but it's not as cut and dry of a decision as you make it out to be.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I switched from Authy to that Authenticator Plus mentioned in the OP. It was a Good Decision.

The app is simpler, it encrypts your code database locally and syncs between devices via Dropbox.

I wasn't exactly worried about Authy having my poo poo, but switching to Authenticator Plus cost me no features, a little bit of money, and a few minutes of time. All in all, you gain security for little cost.

If you're still using Google Authenticator, you would gain a lot of convenience with only the most hypothetical decrease in security. (As long as you trust Authenticator Plus to actually encrypt the db and not be harvesting your info)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Skarsnik posted:

It does involve installing dropbox though, and I haven't used it in years. I'd rather not install another app just for one other app

I do use authys chrome app a fair bit too

You can also use Google Drive I think.

edit: yeah you can

Also, the OP is missing grocery apps. I don't use one, but I was just thinking about getting something set up for wife and I to use. Is Our Groceries still the thing to use?

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 19:03 on Nov 19, 2015

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

vyst posted:

Serious question: Why would I use Authenticator Plus over say just Google Authenticator? Like what's the case for it? Does it consolidate all of the individual app authenticators into one like facebook/google etc?

I've got like 10 sites in Authenticator Plus. It syncs them to other devices, or if you get a new device.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I went ahead and uninstalled ES File Explorer and didn't install another file browser because I realized it's been months since I needed one.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Meldonox posted:

I apologize for talking podcast apps since I know that's pretty played out, but out of curiosity, why does no one recommend Doggcatcher these days? It was hot poo poo back when I first got a smartphone.

I haven't used Doggcatcher in years, but I can talk about this phenomena in general...

There's lots of app categories where theres tons of apps that cover the basic requirements of the category in basically a sufficient manner. Once apps have reached that point, the overwhelmingly biggest differentiator is UI and ease of use of the basic, must-have features....thus the reason you see PocketCasts recommended again and again.

You'll then see a long tail of people using apps that cover specific use cases not covered by the category leaders in UI. Thus the continued existence of apps like BeyondPod, Podcast Addict, etc.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I use Pocket Casts and Podcast Addict.

I use PC for things that I'm caught up on and listen to as episodes come out and I use Podcast Addict for when I'm powering through the archives of a podcast because it seems to be impossible to listen to all episodes of a podcast from oldest to newest in PC.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

The rear end Stooge posted:

The Google+ app has actually never worked but you're the first person to notice

This reminds me of this thing I saw a couple of days ago which reminded me of this thread but not enough to get me to remember to come post it. (lots of reminding and remembering in that sentence)

http://www.globalwebindex.net/blog/google-plus-is-more-popular-than-you-think

Basically, according to those guys, G+ is fairly popular everywhere except North America where only 16% of internet users 16-64 "contribute" to G+ in the last month. It looks like G+ is way more popular in developing markets than it is in established markets like North American and Europe.

This makes sense. When everyone (G+, FB, Twitter, whatever) are basically starting out from zero, network effects aren't weighing against G+.

Then again, I don't know anything about that sites data, so it might all be bullshit.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

https://play.google.com/store/apps?hl=en

Is the search there working for anyone? It just doesn't do anything when I press Enter or click the magnifying glass. Tried on desktop Chrome, desktop Firefox in both incognito and not.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Hey, Circa is coming back!

Sounds like the new owners are making some changes, but hopefully its still awesome.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

hooah posted:

Excellent news!

Well, I'm hoping it has excellent news, it always did in the past. :downs:

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Montalvo posted:

Google Music has far better radios than Spotify, if that's a thing you care about.

They are quite great. I like them more than Pandora's even, which is pretty bad since that's Pandora's whole point.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Tunga posted:

How does the watch know that you need a code? Do you have to navigate through the app launcher list and then wait for the app to launch and then scroll through accounts and...this sounds horrible basically. Partly because I have a 360 and it's slow, mind.

Yes, but it's not bad on my 360. That may be because I almost never open any watch apps so Authenticator is always at the top of my app list, and even if I've opened another app...Authenticator starts with "A".

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

lol google

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

LastInLine posted:

What he wants is for SMS to be present and available on the desktop in Hangouts and he's right, it's a glaring omission because they don't want it to work the way iMessage does.

It is if you use Google Voice! There's the option to pick voice call, SMS, or Hangouts.

The Hangouts Chrome extension is pretty awesome like that.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Taffer posted:

That's part of the problem, though. Hangouts is basically the opposite of something that "just works" like imessage, requiring lots of setup or esoteric things like Google Voice that almost no one has.

Like, I would like to SMS from my computer using something seamless like hangouts, but that would require me to set up Google voice. I'm one of the few people who actually HAS a GV number, but I only use it for voicemail, so using it would require telling everyone I know to change my phone number. It's not worth it.

Yes, I wasn't defending hangouts as being good because of that, just that in that narrow use case it works well and if you want that functionality that's how you get it.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

i like tacos posted:

Did anybody else lose their survey credits? I just answered a survey and now I'm back down to 50 cents.

Did they expire? I think survey credits expire after one year.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Forceholy posted:

There are porn podcasts?

I would listen to a porn podcast about the industry.

also a porn podcast

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Three Olives posted:

OK I somehow just stumbled onto the YouTube Music app that I downloaded forever ago and holy shitballs it is good, better than Pandora.

Google Play All Access has to be one of the best values in subscription service, I would give up Netflix and Hulu before All Access and I'm a cord cutter.

All of this is true facts.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Deep learning techniques are amazing and the next few years are going to be amazing in what AI does for us...we're just seeing the tip of the iceberg with stuff like Google Photos and this app.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Taffer posted:

It's also notoriously bad at predicting weather. Like the 3 times already this winter that it's predicted 10in+ (19in once) of snow but through the entire winter we've gotten about 2.

I still put up with it cause basically all I want from it is the temperature on my notification bar, but if you want actual weather forecasts just go to NOAA.

It has multiple data sources for you to choose from. The best one for me is Forecast.io which is freakishly good.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Three Olives posted:

Perhaps but to me this seems like way, way, way more annoying than just finding the willpower to force yourself out of bed. And I get it, I am not a morning person at all, my alarm clock has a 20 minute snooze and goes off an hour before I have to get up for work but by the third alarm but it seems like at some point as an adult you have to be able to say to yourself that I have, have, have, absolutely get my rear end out of bed when the alarm goes off, no games, no taking cute photos, this is real life.

It just seems a bit childish, by the time I was in high school my parents stopped coddling me out of bed and said here is the alarm clock, you are up and ready by school time or you suffer the consequences from the school when you don't show up. Saturday detention was way less fun than just throwing myself in the shower for 15 minutes to wake up.

Yes, it's a dumb alarm clock. I wasn't saying it was good.

I don't even use an alarm, I always just wake up when it's time.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

LastInLine posted:

Imagine using a Microsoft product by choice. The face you're making when doing that is "disgust".

MS has lots of awesome products. Don't try to stir up poo poo.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Adenoid Dan posted:

Speaking of which, one note is a great Android app and I also use it on my windows laptop and desktop for a variety of things.

I may have gotten the recommendation here though.

I was close to including an example of an awesome MS product in my post, and OneNote was going to be it.

I switched from Evernote to OneNote partially a year ago, and last month, I switched to it completely.

The Android app is great and so is the desktop app.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

AnimalChin posted:

What makes OneNote better than Google Keep?

Notepad is to Word as Google Keep is to OneNote.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I wonder if when you control for high-end vs budget phones, that still holds up. (by "that" I mean Android users spending less on apps)

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Massasoit posted:

What do people use for managing workflow? Trying to keep task lists and get more organized. Keep doesn't seem quite robust enough.

OneNote.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Gyre posted:

Can anyone recommend me a budgeting app that lets you overflow unspent money in a budget to the next month? Like if my initial budget is $150 a month and I don't spend $50 of it, the next month's budget will show I have $200 to spend. I find this much more intuitive for leisure spending.

http://www.youneedabudget.com/

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

nexus6 posted:

Ad blockers do that too

You get all you can eat streaming music with ad blockers?

Ad blockers pay content creators?

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I found a neat app.

It's called Kubity.

I'm always messing around with SketchUp. Like, right now we're thinking about completely reorganizing the furniture in our living room, so I've been moving furniture around in SketchUp.

With Kubity, you can upload your sketchup file to kubity.com, and then open it in the kubity app on your phone and then go through the model in Google Cardboard.

Cardboard has always been a pretty gimmicky thing to me, but this has actually been pretty useful!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Maybe someone here knows this:

There's a Google developer who posts on G+ about the new stuff that keeps coming to the Google+ web edition, but I forget who it is. Anyone know who I'm talking about?

edit: Nevermind. It's Luke Wroblewski and [ulr=https://plus.google.com/collection/AceM_]this[/url] is where he posts about Google+ updates.

Thermopyle fucked around with this message at 19:14 on Feb 12, 2016

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Tunga posted:

Android Police says you can stack it up to five years of subscription. But no Family Plan discounts.

This guy?
https://plus.google.com/+LukeWroblewski

Yeah, that's him. I edited him into my post just as you were posting this.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

I need an app to give me notification on new items in an RSS feed. It doesn't need to display content, but it'd be nice to get a clickable url or something.

What would be the absolute bestest is if they've got a server that sends a notification on new feed items so that my device isn't constantly polling an RSS feed.

Searching shows me a bunch of stuff, but it's effort to comb through it all...

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

LastInLine posted:

I'd imagine it would depend on what you're using to view RSS feeds, but wouldn't any reader do that? I see that gReader Pro does which is what I use but I'd imagine they all can.

Well yes, but I'm particularly interested in using Google Cloud Messaging or something to avoid having the RSS app polling the RSS feed.

BottleKnight posted:

I use Blogtrottr for this. They just send you an email every time an RSS feed updates, and I have gmail set to put it in my priority inbox so it sends me a notification (Inbox sends me one too). I use it for some podcasts that I like to listen to the second they update. It sometimes will take a couple of hours to send you the email but it's a lot better than using an RSS app.

They have dumb ads in every email but they're easy to ignore and just click the url.

I can understand if you want to avoid using email but it's the only sane thing I got to work when I was looking for a solution to a similar use case.

This will probably work fine, thanks!

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Kheldarn posted:

Why not IFTTT? I made a recipe for new LP alerts. IFTTT does all the polling, and sends an alert to my phone when there's a new entry. It shows whatever the RSS feed shows, and you can tap on it to open it in your browser.

The trigger options are:

New feed item: This Trigger fires every time a new item is added to the feed you specify.
New feed item matches: This Trigger fires every time a new item in the feed you specify contains a particular keyword or simple phrase.

Oh, actually I should do this because I already use IFTTT. I didn't even think about this for some reason.

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Looking for a good app that pops up notes about the callee/caller when making and receiving calls. Anything good out there that does this?

It's really hard to keep all the stories I tell my honey's straight.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Thermopyle
Jul 1, 2003

Teeter posted:

Google Hangouts looks like pure poo poo but apparently the picture sends just fine and the recipient doesn't have issues, it only uses a compressed version cached locally on your end.

This does not happen to me as far as I'm aware of. I take a picture, share it to Hangouts, and it looks just fine in the Hangouts app.

edit: Oh yeah, I forgot why I came into this thread...

I want to save a bunch of locations on a map with notes about them and then be able to easily navigate via Google Navigation to whichever location I select. My first thought was Google's own My Maps...but as far as I can see there's no way to navigate to the location in the My Maps app.

Any suggestions?