Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Rupert Buttermilk posted:

Is there a to-do app out there that lets me get notifications at a regular or custom interval until I check off the items on it? My memory is terrible and I'm always on my phone, so I'd love it if my phone could sort of nag me over things I tell it to until I do said things.

Keep has okay reminders that can be continually postponed. It is also really easy to add things to Keep via "Ok Google", which is pretty nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Blue Train posted:

This is true but can't it only be postponed in hour increments

The initial snooze options are: in an hour, or later. Choosing "later" provides you with options of: tomorrow, next week, pick time/date, and pick a place.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Winter Rose posted:

Oh yeah, duh :downs: I mostly use it to store airplane e-tickets and stuff like that for easy code scanning at the gate.

I use Passbook for that.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Is there anything around that'll allow me to permanently expose a folder on my phone as a (login-protected) network share over local wifi? Not rooted, and preferably not something that'll chew my battery, obviously.

I have used syncthing to sync between my computer and my phone. I set it to only connect via wifi, iirc. It worked great for what I needed, and might work for you.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Thermopyle posted:

Darksky and weather timeline use the same data.

You can change the data source used by weather timeline.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Scudworth posted:

I was just discussing this with a group of people the other day and the conclusion was that assistant adds effects completely at random, no matter what you upload from. Sometimes it will do 3 photos in a week, sometimes you won't hear from it for months.

Yeah, it is very strange. There must be some sort of algorithm that evaluates if the photo is good/interesting.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

MikeJF posted:

Yeah. I have a master music collection on my computer in MusicBee, I just want to be able to sync it to my phone, plugging in my phone is slow and unreliable and really annoying, and it seems like this should be an easy task. And it would be nice if it was two-way enough for me to update ratings in their ID3.

GPM has a really annoying browser and I'd just prefer to use shuttle.

I used have syncthing running on my phone and server to copy daily videos over to watch during my commute. That might be something to explore.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Tunga posted:

New Google Fit is a complete mess. I keep getting points for riding trains around and it notifies me multiple times a day about whether I have/haven't/will/won't meet my heart/fit/run/jump/skip points/minutes and I really don't know what any of it means and it's all totally unusable anyway because it thinks trains keep me fit so even if I put good data into it from Strava there's just tons of noise covering it up.

I totally agree. What boggles my mind is that Google Maps can accurately characterize my travel, but Google Fit has no idea.

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

Appoda posted:

Welp, dark sky is moving to Apple and will be done for at the end of the month. What's a good weather app with widget support?

E: knew I should've checked the previous page first

You could also look at ClimaCell.

I miss Weather Timeline.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

accipter
Sep 12, 2003

ringu0 posted:

You can try googling "golden hour app", because that's what they call it in photography

And the Golden Hour app has this feature. At least the paid version does(Golden Hour+).