Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Whizbang posted:

Tasker is dead

I have been using Llama from the start and it's quite nice.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Is there a way to have the Swiftkey keyboard in landscape mode not do this:

I don't have tiny trump hands, so I would rather have it stretch over the full width. I have searched the options but could not find any switch for full width display.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Blue Train posted:

does the green triangle on the left allow you to adjust the size? seems like it should

No, it just snaps the keyboard to the left or right side.

Uthor posted:

Options - > Layout - > Full

Oh, there's a tiny little menu in landscape mode. Did not catch that.
There is no option like this in the default settings menu.

Thanks.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Latest quirk that stops me from using Google Assistant:

When I set up a timer by voice, assistant verbally confirms starting the timer and the running time, when I check the screen (Timely is set up as the default app for timers), the running time is a different one (from a timer I used weeks ago).

Example: "Set a timer for 12 minutes"
"Setting a timer for 12 minutes. Off we go."

Look at screen: Timer for 90 minutes has been started.

Thanks, I can set that up faster and more reliably by hand, rear end in a top hat assistant.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Which of the many many Twitter apps features a timeline widget?
Earlier versions of Falcon had one, but the latest release seems to have dropped it.

The product descriptions in the Play Store for the thread title recommendations don't mention any widgets and I don't feel like spending money (albeit beer money) on different apps to find out if they come with a widget.

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dodoman posted:

If you don't want to spend any money Plume is free and has a widget

Nope, don't see a widget in the list.

Edit: It supposedly does support widgets, but how do you activate them?

mcbexx fucked around with this message at 22:55 on Mar 16, 2018

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

Dodoman posted:

Long press on the home screen -> widgets, or however it works on your launcher.

I know how to access the widget list, thanks :shrug:
It's just that it does not contain any entries for Plume.
Goes from "Play Music" to "Pushbullet", no "Plume" (I also checked the whole list in case it was for some reason slotted in out of alphabetical order).

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

I am having a weird issue.
For about a week, all my incoming calls have been sent to a recording, stating I'm temporarily not available and I will get a short message about this missed call.
I am receiving those short messages, so at least I know somebody tried to call me.

Outbound calls and mobile data work fine.
I have nothing set up to block calls, no third party phone or call screening app, no blacklist, no unknown caller ID blocking, not DND, no flight mode, nothing of that sort. Went through those settings multiple times.

Tried the SIM card in a different phone, works fine.

Then I did a factory reset with a backup restore and immediately after, incoming calls went through again.

Now, about 2 days later, incoming calls go to the recording again.
Some apps had regular updates via Google Play (the default Google phone app among them apparently, since the app icon went from the old white phone on blue background to blue phone on white background).

Some app seems to be interfering with my incoming calls and I have no idea how to track it down.
I checked Permissions for phone access and there's nothing out of the ordinary there.

Can't find anything remotely related when googling, just the usual advice (DnD, Flight Mode, Block lists, etc.).

Is there a diagnostics tool or event logger that could tell me what interferes with my incoming calls?

Did another factory reset, calls work again now.
I will keep a close look on any app updates to see what might break it again, but it's gotta be something quite obscure.

But as they say, the definition of insanity is doing the same over and over again and expecting different results ...

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

mcbexx
Jul 4, 2004

British dentistry is
not on trial here!

H110Hawk posted:

Have you tried calling 611 and asking them?

Oh, this is in the EU, Germany, to be specific.
But I doubt it's a carrier issue.

I finished the factory reset and restore about an hour ago, installed every outstanding app update one by one (4 in total, Google app, Google Webview, Google Search and Chrome) and managed to successfully call my mobile from the landline after each single update.

Didn't do anything else. Now, calls are going to the recording again.
I feel like I'm taking crazy pills over here.

Fake Edit: Uninstalled the updates for the Google App.
Calls are working again.

Updated Google app again, calls go to recording.

Uninstall updates, calls work again.
I think that nails it down, but what do I know what's going on in the background here.

Fake Edit:
OOOOOH. It's a known issue?! Went to the android support forum and it's even a pinned subject in the german section. Not in the english forums though, which I looked up first.

Huh. Of course they only suggest to download the latest app update (which I did and it broke it again), with the thread locked but roughly 1,500 users chiming in with the same issue. So no biggie I guess. Just breaking connectivity for unknown reasons. 👍