Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

www.ipadbackdrops.com daily wallpaper updates deserving of your iPad

Bloodplay it again posted:

Within the past couple of days, ES File Explorer pushed out an update that added bloatware. I woke up this morning to a "# junks need to be cleaned" push notification and, as it turns out, it's from ES File Explorer. If anything, it serves as a quick reminder to disable auto update when I get my next phone.

I moved over to Solid Explorer because of this. Amaze File Manager is also a good alternative if you're looking for a free one.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Never had that happen for me either & using the latest version.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

always be closing posted:

Are there any good ad free(don't mind paying)apps for video editing on Android? I see a bunch of people putting great videos mixed with music on Instagram, and I doubt they are using their PC's.

Adobe Clip is supposed to be pretty solid.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

BoyBlunder posted:

What are you Feedly subscribers using for a reader on your phone? I've used Press and Newsfold but they have completely stopped development as the apps haven't been updated in forever.

Palabre. It receives consistent updates and has a pretty great UI, feature set.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

What's the best app for 2FA these days?

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Great thanks! Seems to be exactly what I'm looking for.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Various crypto apps dropped support for authy too, for whatever reason.

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Whilst I ran a pihole for years and used to recommend it, the convenience of nextdns for a tiny amount a month has now outweighed it

You can run it outside your home network too which you can't with a pihole

+1 to this. Scrapped my pihole and switched to nextdns a bit ago - works great!

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Anyone have recs for apps that support dual/folding screen? Just got a surface duo (this thing is awesome after its latest updates btw) and so far I've been using Sync for reddit (seems to support but could use some UI polish), Outlook, and Kindle.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

UncleGuito
May 8, 2005

Not too thrilled with Spotify's recent announcements about how they're further changing the home page... tried out YouTube Music again after quickly bailing on it a few years ago and it's actually really good now! Interface is simple and clean - easy to find stuff - and shuffle actually works properly. I think I'll probably cancel my Spotify sub for good now.