Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I'm your friend and I'm not going to just stand by and let you do this!

Eikre posted:

• Steam also has an android app. You can buy stuff to play on your computer and have it start downloading for you when you get home. Also some other stuff. Frankly, they need to bite the loving bullet and expand their market to actually distributing Android games, but that's not a subject we need to go into here.

Also, Valve finally added a token generator to the mobile app for two-factor authentication, so there's some point to using it now.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Google Authenticator just updated to a material design aesthetic. :aaaaa:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Not that I think Google Photos has suddenly gone rogue, but does anyone have a clear understanding as to why it needed to expand its wifi permissions in the last update?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

ah forget it posted:

Woah, thanks! This has actually useful options, hopefully it works better than gmail junk with IMAP.

Is it a waste of time to hope that they include IMAP/Exchange support in Inbox?

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

LastInLine posted:

I'm still getting them at the same rate I usually do, about three to five a week all location-based. I got my usual survey from Tuesday wings at Bedubs a day early, even.

I got two today, once location based and one asking me if I owned a Google Glass (:laugh:).

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I stupidly deleted my Google News & Weather 4x2 widget and now I can't seem to get it back.

I miss being able to see both news AND weather. :(

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Its the 2x3 you want. It can be resized to 4x2

I… don't seem to have that option.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

KICK BAMA KICK posted:

Scroll right. It's not very obvious that you can do that if you don't see a sliver of the next widget.

:psyboom:

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

nimper posted:

I think the bubbles look great. The new app icon is fantastic. So good.

The rectangles were more functional as speech bubbles, imo. They had those little flange bits. Gimme back my flange.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Live Wallpapers were introduced with Gingerbread, so they couldn't have been that resource intensive.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Signal has a desktop app, too.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Are there any other BeyondPod users experience problems on Pie/Pixel devices? It takes so long to load up that the OS is asking me if I want to close it.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

The Ars article on the death of Inbox helped me realize that it was a better app at launch in 2014 than Gmail is today. You can't expect a wholesale revamp for something with such a massive existing user-base, but the g-team had four and a half years to poach the easy quality-of-life stuff and they still didn't manage it.

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

Might be worth trying the "save copy" option in the photos app to see if it can bake the metadata in properly if it's saving it from scratch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

The Dark One
Aug 19, 2005

I've got plenty of space and my Photos is perpetually stuck like that, too.