Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

HIGH FIVE! I'M GAY TOO!!!!!!
Any Gboard users know how to prevent the insertion of a space after a word in an ad hoc manner? Like if I want to swipe a URL do I have to swipe word-by-word and delete the space each time? I'm coming from Swype which allows you to swipe a word followed by a space-to-backspace gesture to indicate that a space should not be inserted.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

revolther posted:

Messed up thing is that if an app or website, defines the text entry field explicitly as something expecting a period like an email address field, it won't insert the space. But apparently this isn't a common practice and it's been driving me nuts for years.

syscall girl posted:

Oh yeah same question but for Swiftkey. It leaves spaces in IP addresses that are almost invisible (esp by '1's) that apps don't like.

Looks like there might not be a way in Gboard or Swiftkey. I'll stick to Swype.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

TwistedNails posted:

I'm very happy I stuck with pocketcasts, they have one hell of an app.

Yeah second this. I used Google Listen for years after I should have given it up, then switched to Pocket Casts. The killer feature for me is the web player that I use on the desktop when I'm at home.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

MeKeV posted:

I regret not switching from Pocketcasts to Podcast Addict much sooner. And I thought Pocketcasts was great for the many years I used it.

Nice, what feature of Podcast Addict do you like? The screenshots in the play store look like Pocketcasts.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

What's the best app for cropping screenshots? I have Snapseed but that's way overkill and takes a lot of clicks.

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

Skarsnik posted:

Google photos

It's not a bad suggestion in that it gets the job done. Unfortunately it's about as many clicks as Snapseed. Not a big deal, I just wondered if there were a simpler app.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

clamiam45
Sep 10, 2005

quote:

Brevent never brevent apps not in Bervent list.

Is this some sort of Bizarro App? A Pokemon App that can only say its own name?