Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

My issue with Swiftkey is that the cursor keys are absolutely terrible. They take up a stupid amount of space and are poorly located. The keys take up the entire bottom row which pushes the whole keyboard upwards. As a result on numerous occasions I’ve inadvertently hit the space key or cursor key when I meant to hit the other.

Perhaps I would have a better experience by not having them as they are by default but I’ve gotten used to having them on Windows 10 Mobile and they’re handy to have when you actually need them. What I really wish is if Microsoft had ported over their Windows 10 Mobile keyboard along with the cursor nub instead of what appears to be not doing much with Swiftkey.

I’ve actually resorted to using the Blackberry Keyboard in spite of its convoluted install process and potentially questionable long term support. But I find it pleasant for me to use. Only real downside is no autofill suggestions (oddly enough it provides suggestions but you have to type them out) and no swipe texting without giving up swiping quick access keys.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Edward IV
Jan 15, 2006

cr0y posted:

Not sure where to post this, but anyone have any idea what might cause these "generic" android icons in my "switch between running apps thingy"? Note 10+, android 11, oneUI 3.1 and Nova Launcher. I can't figure out what to google because I don't know if the app switcher thing is part of android, part of one UI, or part of nova launcher...

Yeah that's part of OneUI's task switcher. Click the triple dots on the right of the search bar up top and then Settings. Unselecting "Show recommended apps" will get rid of them.