Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

ing this up. Someone must stop these sinister maniacs.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

I've seen like 3 of these microtrailers. It's insane.

Pablo Nergigante
Apr 16, 2002

EA must be stopped.

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

I remember seeing an EA stage demo for a sims game where two guys were joking as they played the game and killed their Sim by making him have too much fun and the crowd was loving silent. Lol.

frank.club
Jan 15, 2011

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS

In Training posted:

I remember seeing an EA stage demo for a sims game where two guys were joking as they played the game and killed their Sim by making him have too much fun and the crowd was loving silent. Lol.

hahah

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

In Training posted:

lmao

qnqnx
Nov 14, 2010

The Sims guys have completely lost their minds

Black Baby Goku
Apr 2, 2011

by Nyc_Tattoo

qnqnx posted:

The Sims guys have completely lost their minds

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

In Training posted:

They died from having too much fun.

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

Intelligent Sims fan: [nodding in appreciative silence as he considers the implications of the demo]

Idiot "Impetuous Zoner" from some dead forum (while hooting and hollering): What? Why isn't this Japanese? I don't understand!

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

Though the battle might be endless, I will never give up

FactsAreUseless posted:

Intelligent Sims fan: [nodding in appreciative silence as he considers the implications of the demo]

Idiot "Impetuous Zoner" from some dead forum (while hooting and hollering): What? Why isn't this Japanese? I don't understand!

sims fans were actually annoyed by it because it seemed too random

FactsAreUseless
Feb 16, 2011

elf help book posted:

Hahaha

GameCube
Nov 21, 2006

how did the new simcity not kill The Sims Franchise

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

As a Millennial I posted:

how did the new simcity not kill The Sims Franchise

i think when they first announced sims 4 literally all they said was the name of the game and that you could play it offline

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

the sims fandom is really cool

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

They're not the same game is why.

Larry Parrish
Jul 9, 2012

by Jeffrey of YOSPOS
*solemn nod* this is why i only play japanese games

b0red
Apr 3, 2013

my gf really wants to play sims 4

might be a dealbreaker

Mach2
Feb 28, 2014
the worst part about the Sims 4 is that because of its development the sims 3 never got patched to fix the myriad problems that make it nearly unplayable

Bolverkur
Aug 9, 2012

Mach2 posted:

the worst part about the Sims 4 is that because of its development the sims 3 never got patched to fix the myriad problems that make it nearly unplayable

i sent my autistic fedora wearing overweight goon into the future and he made with tons of future honeys. who needs patches with a game this epic

In Training
Jun 28, 2008

This is it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHhUa...70QQSfTwh1SwtOg it was a man and a woman but it's excruciatingly painful to watch.

Lumpy the Cook
Feb 4, 2011

Drippy-goo-yay, mother-gunker!

In Training posted:

This is it. https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=dHhUa...70QQSfTwh1SwtOg it was a man and a woman but it's excruciatingly painful to watch.

Lol, I skipped to the middle of the video and the very first thing I heard was the EA guy shouting "this is... This is terrible!"

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

elf help book posted:

It would of been TS4 and it's not random really, thankfully. But that doesn't absolve EA of this heinous and lunatic marketing strategy described in the OP.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

b0red posted:

my gf really wants to play sims 4

might be a dealbreaker

It's actually P Deece. But, at this time you should warn her about the dystopic behavior of the company publishing the game.

Shifty gimbal
Dec 28, 2008

Hey you... I got something to tell ya
Biscuit Hider
Can't wait for The Sims 4 to not get patched because The Sims 5

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

sims 3 got a big patch like every single month it was just never not a mess and i dont think not making 4 woulda fixed it

MiF
Nov 29, 2004

In Training posted:

they're pausing after the jokes so that audience can have a laugh but it's just silence

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Sims 4 is awesome. I don't have time for this.

Wormskull
Aug 23, 2009

net cafe scandal posted:

Sims 4 is awesome. I don't have time for this.

I agree but the marketing is insane...

elf help book
Aug 5, 2004

i just watch lazy game reviews' coverage instead of trailers of trailers

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012

elf help book posted:

i just watch lazy game reviews' coverage instead of trailers of trailers

LGR is my goto newsource on all things Sims

Mr.Fahrenheit
Dec 27, 2012
and his talks about old PC gaming is fascinating too

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
I need more youtubers that do good reviews of old pc games, lgr and pushing up roses alone are not enough

net cafe scandal
Mar 18, 2011

Interesting that OP hasn't mentioned all the free content updates this games been receiving since launch.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

program666
Aug 22, 2013

A giant carnivorous dinosaur
i believe soumone should do a trailer about it OP

• Locked thread