Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Get close to the explosion.

The Casualty posted:

For Fucks Sake, please be the first LPer to actually finish one of these games.

:(

I mean, I know I never had AC6 archived because I felt like it was poorly done, but still. Credit where credit is due.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

nine-gear crow posted:

I was wondering if I should have included a link to your LP in the OP, but the database is down right now so it's moot anyway, but if you don't feel proud of it then I won't include it. I'm still surprised that there have been so many failed Ace Combat LPs and I hope this doesn't bode ill for this project. I remember Concordat doing a subtitled LP of Ace Combat 5 that just sort of sputtered out halfway through the game.

Speaking as a fan and a would-be Let's-Player of the series, I feel like a lot of the difficulty has to do with the games themselves. There's a lot to like about them: the lovingly modeled planes and weapons, the intense dogfights and imposing superweapons, the sweet music, the interesting setting and geopolitics, the hammy dialogue... But once you drill right down to it, so much of the games' appeal comes from being part of the action, not observing it or commenting over it. I at least found it hard to come up with interesting things to say that didn't detract from the action on screen, or the radio conversations and cool music in your ear, because the action basically boils down to pressing Square when green boxes turn red, hundreds of times, for hours.

If you enjoy all those things, you almost don't want to ruin the atmosphere of the game by talking about it on camera, and that takes away from doing an LP of the games in the first place. If you're just in it to talk poo poo about the unchanging nature of the gameplay, or the idiots talking about heroes/peace/borders/angels/Warwolf for hours on end, then that takes away from choosing Ace Combat to do an LP on in the first place. At least, that's my view of the challenge of LPing the series.

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Nanomashoes posted:

Why are you expanding your map when you have a firing solution, nugget?

Clearly I was switching to my SP weapons. (Only that's only on AC6, and it's the X button there. Hush.)

TyrantSabre
Nov 4, 2009

Having raised the issue, I should probably also say that you should keep on doing commentary! Just be conscious of when to pipe down and let the game speak for itself.

• Locked thread