Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Ask me about being the best dad ever.
Yeaaaaaah, I love this series and the PS2 games especially!

Really looking forward to this!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Please be good, please be good, please be good...

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Samuel posted:

I wish this LP had a sweet intro like the HAWX LP, that JAG music was so soothing.

I think we can all agree to take this as the official theme of the Ace Combat series:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=siwpn14IE7E

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

I have a love-hate relationship with the A-10 is that it's excellent in many PS2 games early ground/naval-focused stages (it was surprisingly cheap in AC4 and 5) but it, as expected, moves like a rhinoceros made out of bricks.

You'll tear through ground forces as it carries a pretty respectable payload of large UGBs and that bigass gun but god help you if you try to do some dogfighting or pull any maneuvers bigger than a slight turn... two things I love doing in any missions.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Cooked Auto posted:

You sure about the bunkers requiring three missiles to kill and they just don't have a weakspot at the front as your bunker knockout at that point seemed very inconsistent with one of them requiring two and one requiring at least four.

I haven't played Zero as much as I should but I did go through 5 a billion times and the bunkers in there did had sweet spots but they worked like the AA tower on this mission: either you hit the opening or you did no damage. Maybe they were a bit more lenient on this game and decided that, even if you don't hit it perfect, you still do SOME damage?

On this topic, these bunkers are what the A-10's best suited for: they'll survive two missiles but that's when you bring in the bigass machine gun. Saving that extra missile really adds up on these long missions.

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

nine-gear crow posted:

AH-64 Apache
  • The Apache becomes playable for the first time in an Ace Combat game in Ace Combat: Assault Horizon.
  • And the missions where it shows up are terrible.

Excuse you. The Apache is obviously the ultimate offensive weapon of any kind, being capable of superior offensive power and maneuverability via, respectively, air jousting and its endlessly firing chaingun, high speed barrel rolls and nigh-perfect loops (while strafing!).

Assault Horizon is 100% legit:

Brunom1 fucked around with this message at 02:44 on Jan 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Brunom1
Sep 5, 2011

Argas posted:

You mentioned the harder versions of this battle in AC Infinity so I went and looked it up. It's crazy and brilliant.

I don't care for Infinity's design decisions with its microtransactions and whatnot but it does look beautiful and shows what amazing stuff we might get in AC7:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QY8b0e-13zk

• Locked thread