Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Highwang posted:

Fixing it's relatively easy, just very small and done every few months. I can link a guide if you want.

Oh man please do.

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Oh man please do.

http://www.redferret.net/?p=31008

You're gonna need mini-screwdrivers, some tweezers (auto-closing ones recommended) and a wealth of patience. For how simple the fix is, there's a lot of tiny pieces.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Episode 3: A Puzzle Jamboree

Ever have one of those days where your brain is just gone? This floor was recorded on one of those days, and now Uzworm and KMC suffer for it.

ThornBrain
Jan 25, 2011

Hi. I forgot your name. Whatever.
My... point is...
Hi. Your head's on fire.

Highwang posted:

Ever have one of those days where your brain is just gone?

Sounds like my videos most days.

I'm enjoying this run. It's like seeing from the outside my experience of trying to explain the game while your co-commentators are being shits.

Jordan7hm
Feb 17, 2011

Lipstick Apathy
Hey you're back! Great, gotta catch up now.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Episode 4: Toorum's Crab Shack

Highwang LLC has no affiliation with Joe's Crab Shack. Please disregard KillerEmcee's flagrant marketing attempts.

Also, next money might not have an update since uzworm's out on business for a spell.

Highwang fucked around with this message at 20:52 on Mar 4, 2016

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Episode 5: LPs in the 80s

Prospective adventurers, if you don't want to fall for traps, just toss a Highwang(tm) into it!

Vil
Sep 10, 2011

Why do I get the impression this episode is going to involve even more jumping into pit traps than usual...

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Episode 6: Slime Approaches. Command?

What a sloppy level.

Vil posted:

Why do I get the impression this episode is going to involve even more jumping into pit traps than usual...

Because every pit in the game is intended to be fallen into by design.

UZworm
Feb 9, 2009

Young wild Elsweyrian
C'mon baby, do you have a soul gem

Highwang posted:

Episode 6: Slime Approaches. Command?

What a sloppy level.

Because every pit in the game is intended to be fallen into by design.

Command: Turn Japanese

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Episode 7: This is B-A-N-A-N-A-S

Tech problems have been giving us a headache, hence this delayed episode.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
This episode featured entirely too much Gwen Stefani.

senrath
Nov 4, 2009

Look Professor, a destruct switch!

From Episode 6, they call it Any% because it's just beating the game as fast as possible, completion amount be damned. There are games where the fastest way to beat the game is not the same as doing the minimum needed to beat the game. Maybe spending 5 minutes to get an optional piece of equipment saves 8 minutes of combat, or maybe you can avoid a "required" upgrade by exploiting glitches that take longer than just playing normally. For example in Super Metroid, the Any% Glitched run has a final completion of 7% while the Low% Glitched run has a completion of 3%. The former has a WR of just over 13 minutes, while the latter has a WR of just over 26 minutes.

KeiraWalker
Sep 5, 2011

Me? Don't worry about me...
Grimey Drawer
Ah, yeah, I was going to touch on that myself, but I got distracted by a shiny object or something.

Boiling senrath's explanation down to one sentence: Any% aims for fastest time with whatever completion percentage achieves that, and low% aims for the absolute bare minimum completion percentage with whatever finish time achieves that.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

senrath posted:

From Episode 6, they call it Any% because it's just beating the game as fast as possible, completion amount be damned. There are games where the fastest way to beat the game is not the same as doing the minimum needed to beat the game. Maybe spending 5 minutes to get an optional piece of equipment saves 8 minutes of combat, or maybe you can avoid a "required" upgrade by exploiting glitches that take longer than just playing normally. For example in Super Metroid, the Any% Glitched run has a final completion of 7% while the Low% Glitched run has a completion of 3%. The former has a WR of just over 13 minutes, while the latter has a WR of just over 26 minutes.

KieranWalker posted:

Ah, yeah, I was going to touch on that myself, but I got distracted by a shiny object or something.

Boiling senrath's explanation down to one sentence: Any% aims for fastest time with whatever completion percentage achieves that, and low% aims for the absolute bare minimum completion percentage with whatever finish time achieves that.

That makes sense in a way. I would ponder why it isn't called "minimum%" but that takes too long to say.

We'll call this "Toorum%"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Highwang posted:

That makes sense in a way. I would ponder why it isn't called "minimum%" but that takes too long to say.

We'll call this "Toorum%"

Because in some games the least completion percentage is not always the fastest.
For example a game where you can get a movement upgrade that shaves 15 mins off your speedrun time but is completely optional. You would skip that in a min% run.

FicusArt
Dec 27, 2014

Why would I draw dudes when I could be drawing literally anything else?

Rigged Death Trap posted:

Because in some games the least completion percentage is not always the fastest.
For example a game where you can get a movement upgrade that shaves 15 mins off your speedrun time but is completely optional. You would skip that in a min% run.

Highwang is literally quoting someone else explaining this in the post you quote. He's just wondering why it's called "Low%" and not "Minimum%"

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

FicusArt posted:

Highwang is literally quoting someone else explaining this in the post you quote. He's just wondering why it's called "Low%" and not "Minimum%"

i blame brain fart

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Episode 8: gently caress Floor 9

Yes I mad. This level sucks just because of that one specific area

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
Time to end this jabberwocky of an LP with a double-update. The duke boys are back with an old friend: Iron Chitlin joins us at the end of it all

Episode 9: Gorgomorgs that do your taxes
Final Episode: You cannot escape jail

For those that stuck around to the end, thanks for watching this trial of an LP.

Rigged Death Trap
Feb 13, 2012

BEEP BEEP BEEP BEEP

Oh my gooooooooood :allears: it's back.
(still watching but had to comment)

Spudd
Nov 27, 2007

Protect children from "Safe Schools" social engineering. Shame!

I'm still watching also and I'm almost crying from laughter already. This is good watchin'.

Kibayasu
Mar 28, 2010

Surprise accordions are the best accordions.

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!

Kibayasu posted:

Surprise accordions are the best accordions.

That thing scared the hell out of me

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Highwang
Nov 7, 2013

No Pineapple?
No Thank You!
LPs are archived. Good show everyone.

• Locked thread