Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Loving this LP

Speaking of XP, is there a hardcap on levels? I know there's a softcap at level like 14 where XP requirements get massive, but is there a level after which you just can't progress?
Also is there a way to edit all this?

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

So, you have any idea why your level keeps jumping up and down when you switch necklaces around?

Anyway, I can tell about a disappointing mimic in a game. That game is Demon Gaze, and there you actually get a quest to kill the only mimic in a game (apparently, I didn't get too far in it), and when you arrive there you get a warning like "Fight mimic? y/n". Now granted, that mimic is apparently so huge that to fight it you have to get inside it and fight it's heart, but it still defeats the purpose kinda

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Shouldn't you shoot the stone face demon mouths with the light staff you picked from mushroom cave?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Hate to be THAT guy, but you made a bunch of mistakes when describing races in LoG2. Not that any of that was really important though

By the way, you talked about Human Farmer, well, take your current total EXP and multiply it by 1.2 (maximum EXP bonus humans can have is 20%), and you'll see that it probably doesn't even get you a level. It might make the starting stages easier, but I think extra attributes are much more helpful

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Highwang wanted to discuss alternative solo character options, well there you go, Ratling Barbarian. Two whopping attribute points per level, and actually some idea of where those attributes will progress so you won't have another [WILL]iam Scabs. The downside would be having a few skill-points less, I guess?

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

George posted:

Actually revolvers have magazines, not clips.

I don't think it has either
Not that I'm a gun expert

Also I didn't realize that struggling to manage a 4-man party is more common than I thought. I tried playing this game before and it kinda turned me off. That and the fact that my front-liner battle-mage would not stop dying.

So I thought trying a solo-playthrough would be more my thing, and idea of ratling barbarian appeals to me. That said I kinda struggle with direction that he should be leveled. Heavy Weapons and Alchemy are a given, but other offensive and defensive skills can be made obsolete with patience and the fact that you're apparently not supposed to get hit

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

dasmause
Jul 20, 2015

Highwang posted:

"I see you have mastered the island's many defenses. Now you must prove your might by facing William the overwhelming mutant!"

Which won't be much of a challenge if his points will keep pouring into Will

• Locked thread