Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo

VDay posted:

Apparently? Why he decided he should dip down into the dungeons seconds after his new wife started dying in his arms though, well... :iiam:

She wasn't wearing her plot armour, he went looking for it. :rimshot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

I'm reasonably sure New Wife poisoned herself (non-lethal dose) to frame Old Wife and take the prime position of Quinn's favor.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Sold.

Kegslayer
Jul 23, 2007

ShakeZula posted:

I'm reasonably sure New Wife poisoned herself (non-lethal dose) to frame Old Wife and take the prime position of Quinn's favor.

I thought this as well given that she was previously asking questions about how the second wife had died.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

TODAY WAS THE SPECIAL SALE DAY!
Grimey Drawer
Tilda went all Rick Grimes on that one kid's ear. I'm not sure Quinn will even make it past next episode either.

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.
The show has enough coolness factor to make up for the flaws.

Gonz
Dec 22, 2009

"Jesus, did I say that? Or just think it? Was I talking? Did they hear me?"
Sunny got jacked the hell up by those Agent Smith Monks. Very cool choreography.

Also, LANCE HENRIKSEN OUT OF NOWHERE!

ShakeZula
Jun 17, 2003

Nobody move and nobody gets hurt.

This is a good show and I liked that season. And apparently it's been renewed!

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Loved the show and wish that we'd gotten more than six episodes before stressing over AMC renewing it. The fight scenes were unparalleled in TV history, in my opinion. Some shows have great scenes (Daredevil's and Agents of SHIELD's one-shots most notably) but you don't get this type of quality across the board. Sunny and the Widow going full Crouching Tiger in the armory was the poo poo.

I want to know more about the world. how exactly did the barons gain power or what is the founding myth they tell? What's the story with the religious cult? Will the Widow marry me?

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
I hope we get a 2nd season and they don't just leave it at that.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Perfect show for Amazon or Netflix, 10 episodes of solid wire fu poo poo like this would do great.

Remy Marathe
Mar 15, 2007

_________===D ~ ~ _\____/

I don't understand the timeslot, maybe i'm just an old man now but what the gently caress is up with running your new attractive kung-fu show at 10pm? They spend all evening running TWD reruns then play this when I should be in bed.
:corsair:

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

The show is probably not going to get renewed.

Philthy
Jan 28, 2003

Pillbug

Remy Marathe posted:

I don't understand the timeslot, maybe i'm just an old man now but what the gently caress is up with running your new attractive kung-fu show at 10pm? They spend all evening running TWD reruns then play this when I should be in bed.
:corsair:

Time slots don't matter much anymore, shows are just DVR'd.

Those three big trouble in little china dudes rocked Sunny's rear end hard. This show is so loving cool.

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

Philthy posted:

Time slots don't matter much anymore, shows are just DVR'd.

Those three big trouble in little china dudes rocked Sunny's rear end hard. This show is so loving cool.

It always cracks me up on how Sunny isn't the brightest at decision making making.

Yup taking on 3 ninjas who just took out a human super weapon is a good idea.

etalian fucked around with this message at 21:27 on Dec 24, 2015

Xand_Man
Mar 2, 2004

If what you say is true
Wutang might be dangerous

He caught it from Quinn.

"I'm going to confront the well-liked leader of my armed forces (who is also extremely good at murdering people) at swordpoint!"

"I'm sick! Time to murder my doctor, employ his daughter then taunt her when she takes care of me!"

"I'm going to give my son lectures about how legitimate power has to be stolen from other people. Oh no, he betrayed me!"

NowonSA
Jul 19, 2013

I am the sexiest poster in the world!
Haha, yeah. If he had just killed M.K. for the River King and took off he should've been able to get away nice and smooth. Or just buy a hatchet, kill Quinn one of the dozens of times you're alone with him using said hatchet, and tell everyone that those drat dirty Nomads got him :argh:. It's pretty ridiculous how easy it is to frame people in general on this show. If Quinn had died earlier all that would've happened is Ryder taking over and a balance of power being re-established, presumably by him making peace with the Widow and the two of them helping to backstab Jacobe somewhere along the way.

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit

Xand_Man posted:

"I'm going to give my son lectures about how legitimate power has to be stolen from other people. Oh no, he betrayed me!"

Well, the problem was Ryder joining forces with the enemy, he was probably expecting a duel/intern coup/solo murder

Not many series with supernatural kung fu in a post apocalyptic world. Hope we get a 2nd season

Miss Mowcher fucked around with this message at 22:19 on Dec 24, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
All caught up, still underwhelmed. The fight scenes in Banshee are far better than this and the Magic Matrix Monks were really stupid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
It's Wushu poo poo, it's not supposed to be realistic. It's over the top and people fly through brick walls. and get up.
I've built them and knocked them down for a living. A car doesn't survive that.

Rocksicles fucked around with this message at 05:51 on Dec 25, 2015

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

It's Wushu poo poo, it's not supposed to be realistic. It's over the top and people fly through brick walls. and get up.
I've built them and knocked them down for a living. I car doesn't survive that.

I didn't complain about it being unrealistic, I complained that it was stupid.

Rocksicles
Oct 19, 2012

by Nyc_Tattoo
Meh... it was good.

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!

Rocksicles posted:

Meh... it was good.

I kept waiting for good to happen and it didn't.

TEAH SYAG
Oct 2, 2009

by Lowtax

Rocksicles posted:

Meh... it was good.

I think this show is a really neat and fresh setting for this genre. I wish they did at least 10 this season however.

bring back old gbs
Feb 28, 2007

by LITERALLY AN ADMIN
Kind of surprised by the abrupt end to the season. Colonel Sanders was my favourite character.

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

It was a perfect death for his character, honestly.

I'm kinda hoping they fast forward something like a year or two before the next season, but that's a bit unlikely.

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!
I liked the fight scenes well enough (I think the widow vs Sunny in the dungeon is the clear standout) but I really hope they improve literally everything else about the show in the second season. There were some fun campy moments but that finale just did nothing for me. Like I can't even come close to actually caring about any of the characters, to the point where if season 2 started and was just randomly about a whole new group of people I wouldn't mind. The Widow was probably the best character on the show for me, everyone else was a super one-dimensional cliche. Quinn's ludicrous accent carried a lot of the show, but he ultimately didn't do anything all season.

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
He died. :colbert:

odiv
Jan 12, 2003

He was a pioneer in chemotherapy.

As for his accent, I like to think he looked at where he was going to be living when he took over and thought, "Well that's it then."

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Behind the scenes stuff from final episode fight: http://www.amc.com/shows/into-the-b...of-five-poisons

PaganGoatPants
Jan 18, 2012

Grimey Drawer
Didn't expect this but the show has been renewed for a second season.

http://www.thewrap.com/amc-renews-into-the-badlands-for-season-2/

quote:

“Into the Badlands” has been renewed for a second season, AMC announced Tuesday.

The show will return for a 10-episode second season, premiering on AMC in 2017. The show delivered the third highest-rated first season in U.S. cable TV history.

“With its deep dive into authentic martial arts, the visually stunning ‘Into the Badlands’ proved to be unlike anything else on television,” said Charlie Collier, president of AMC, SundanceTV and AMC Studios.

MiddleOne
Feb 17, 2011

PaganGoatPants posted:

The show will return for a 10-episode second season, premiering on AMC in 2017. The show delivered the third highest-rated first season in U.S. cable TV history.

What :psyboom:

Lasagna Pilot
Feb 6, 2009

No, you're dark-side intergalactic encyclopedia salesmen. Unfortunately, the home office hasn't been quite upfront with you.

Was there some kind of Walking Dead bump?

Charles Gnarwin
Jul 31, 2014

I joined the #RXT REVOLUTION.
:boom:
he knows...

Lasagna Pilot posted:

Was there some kind of Walking Dead bump?

America knows to not gently caress around when it comes to the Widow :black101:

VDay
Jul 2, 2003

I'm Pacman Jones!

I like how you highlighted that part and not the part where they praise the show's "deep dive into authentic martial arts".

Cartouche
Jan 4, 2011

Seriously, is "Tilda" supposed to look like a manly prince vallient?

Rhyno
Mar 22, 2003
Probation
Can't post for 10 years!
How the hell did this garbage get renewed?

etalian
Mar 20, 2006

PaganGoatPants posted:

Wow this is surprising

Epi Lepi
Oct 29, 2009

You can hear the voice
Telling you to Love
It's the voice of MK Ultra
And you're doing what it wants

PaganGoatPants posted:

Surprising but I'm very excited for more!

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Miss Mowcher
Jul 24, 2007

Ribbit
While not the greatest series I did enjoy watching some kung-fu before sleeping, and I liked the visuals so... glad to see it back

• Locked thread