Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

My American shorthair has suddenly developed what feel like BB (small marble-esque shapes) on her stomach. I found two of them myself late at night and spent the rest of the night googling what it could be and it seems every description of mammarian tumors, which said 50-90% of are malignant.

I took her to the vet the next day and they say they don't know what they are but ruled out mammarian tumors (I don't know how?), and she's scheduled for a procedure to remove them next week.

My question is, what the hell else could they be? The vet said they found 5-6 in total, they're shaped and feel exactly like a hardened BB pellet.

Oh, should also say they seem to be in her skin, not connected to any organ or musculature. But they're all within a few CM from nipples.

Botnit fucked around with this message at 17:46 on Nov 17, 2015

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Reik
Mar 8, 2004
Maybe it's some sort of parasite burrowed just under the skin? Does she go outside?

Botnit
Jun 12, 2015

Reik posted:

Maybe it's some sort of parasite burrowed just under the skin? Does she go outside?

No, she's a strictly indoor cat who hasn't made a jail break in years.

They don't seem to hurt her or don't seem sensitive enough to, it's still a week until the procedure so I'm mostly freaking out and trying to get more info before then, the vet seemed too busy to really explain anything.

TheAbominableSnow
Nov 20, 2012

a thousand puns and not one of them worth saying
Might also just be warts/cysts; I don't know about cats, but spaniels are super prone to growing huge benign fatty blobs under the skin. Some of them are mounds, some of them are orbs...they're weird, but overall pretty harmless (if terrifying to a first-time spaniel owner). Never even got them diagnosed, because there are apparently tons of reasons why it can happen. Try to keep a level head until the biopsy!

Enelrahc
Jun 17, 2007

How old was she when she was spayed?

• Locked thread