Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Syncopated
Oct 21, 2010

MrMoo posted:

back boobs? I guess that is why teddy is wincing? Not a recommended Google search term.

Lollll thx for this

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

I-State has an incredible starting 5 and they could make a deep run this year

Blackula69
Apr 1, 2007

DEHUMANIZE  YOURSELF  &  FACE  TO  BLACULA

Cantorsdust posted:

some logic:

1. all terrorists are arabs
2. arabs are either good at math or not good at math.
3. if an arab were good at math, he (or she!) would become an engineer and move to america to make a deece 6.5 figgies.
4. engineers in america who make a deece 6.5 figgies don't become terrorists.

therefore:

5. no arabs good at math become terrorists.

They say they believe in freedom and share our values. They say a few bad apples shouldn’t bring down judgment on their entire kind. Don’t be fooled. Though they walk among us with impunity, they are, in the words of Henry Farrell, a political scientist at George Washington University, “a group that is notoriously associated with terrorist violence and fundamentalist political beliefs.”

They are engineers.

Farrell, of course, was kidding. He posted that comment on a blog shortly after Umar Farouk Abdulmutallab (confessed Al Qaeda operative and engineering student) tried to blow up an airliner over Detroit last winter. But the satire was rooted in a statistical fact: in the ranks of captured and confessed terrorists, engineers and engineering students are significantly overrepresented. Maybe that’s a numerological accident. The sociologist Diego Gambetta and the political scientist Steffen Hertog don’t think so.

Each month, Gambetta and Hertog’s database grows. Last December, Abdulmutallab’s attempt over Detroit. In February, Joseph Andrew Stack, a software engineer, crashed his plane into I.R.S. offices in Austin, Tex. In March, John Patrick Bedell, an engineering grad student, opened fire at an entrance to the Pentagon. In early May, Faisal Shahzad (bachelor of science in computer science and engineering) was arrested at Kennedy Airport for a failed attempt to set off a bomb in Times Square. Also in May, Faiz Mohammad, a civil engineer, was caught at Karachi’s airport with batteries and an electrical circuit hidden in his shoes. And going back, of the 9/11 conspirators who had been educated beyond high school, eight studied engineering. As this list suggests, the phenomenon isn’t confined to Muslims or Middle Easterners.

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
yeah this was just in the washington

https://www.washingtonpost.com/news/monkey-cage/wp/2015/11/17/this-is-the-group-thats-surprisingly-prone-to-violent-extremism/

jony ive aces
Jun 14, 2012

designer of the lomarf car

Buglord
lol way to go fuckerberg :patriot:

Dolomite
Jul 26, 2000
Cars & Legs

jony ive aces posted:

collateral damage :patriot:

Smythe
Oct 12, 2003
+ + the other boring dudes =

Sagebrush
Feb 26, 2012

unstable democracy packet

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

jony ive aces posted:

OldAlias
Nov 2, 2013

http://www.isis-llc.com/

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

All I needed was that fatty blunt...

King of Breakfast
you are going to PAY with ISIS

GET ME?

computer toucher
Jan 8, 2012

Islamic state machine

flakeloaf
Feb 26, 2003

Still better than android clock

computer toucher posted:

Islamic state machine

mealy machines go in the yosmas thread

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
islamic state jewelry and watch repair*

* Casio F-91W extra charge

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

http://www.wired.com/2015/11/isis-opsec-encryption-manuals-reveal-terrorist-group-security-protocols/

iMessage gets the seal of approval from ISIS tech team

quote:

Apple’s iMessage, an end-to-end encryption service, also gets a thumbs-up for being impervious to both spying from government intelligence agencies and Apple itself.

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake

Smythe posted:

+ + the other boring dudes =

1337 or f10 no exceptions join the squad or gtfo

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

Why is Silicon Valley helping the tech-savvy jihadists?
Developing apps and emails that are heavily encrypted is playing into the hands of Isil. Whose side are they on?

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/technology/12008689/Why-is-Silicon-Valley-helping-the-tech-savvy-jihadists.html

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

dont read the telegraph

isis probably have a helpdesk better than the one i have to deal with at work.

Thanks Ants
May 21, 2004

#essereFerrari

"Apple et al could, if they wanted, employ a fraction of these resources to work out how we can simultaneously keep the good guys’ data secure and keep the bad guys in plain sight."

right-wing ranting journalist fails to understand what they are asking for, news at 11

cremnob
Jun 30, 2010

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

btw this "Anonymous" anti-ISIS project is very stupid. what they revealed today about attacks on Sunday is probably bullshit just like their leak of supposed ISIS twitter accounts.

but giving the benefit of the doubt that it is real, it's probably information that these countries already had. like for example belgium is on high-alert today, which is one of the places named as a target by Anonymous. if authorities are releasing less then what anonymous knows, it's probably for a reason. so really anonymous is subverting the authorities' own efforts here.

now ISIS knows that whatever communication channels they were using before are compromised, and they will move all that communication elsewhere, potentially loving over the actual intelligence gatherers in the process.

PleasureKevin fucked around with this message at 01:57 on Nov 22, 2015

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?
is there an Islamic state geek squad?

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

The Management posted:

is there an Islamic state geek squad?

yeah lol a couple dudes sitting on the bed sides of a toyota truck with their arms holding over a 55" rear projection TV in the bed driving down the road holding automatic weapons

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast
accidental double post

Salt Fish
Sep 11, 2003

Cybernetic Crumb
September 16th 2015:

quote:

Privately, law enforcement officials have acknowledged that prospects for congressional action this year are remote. Although “the legislative environment is very hostile today,” the intelligence community’s top lawyer, Robert S. Litt, said to colleagues in an August e-mail, which was obtained by The Post, “it could turn in the event of a terrorist attack or criminal event where strong encryption can be shown to have hindered law enforcement.

There is value, he said, in “keeping our options open for such a situation.”

https://www.washingtonpost.com/worl...031442410909976

Necc0
Jun 30, 2005

by exmarx
Broken Cake
go Idlamic State beat Pig U. :toot:

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

Gosh, I wonder why someone who blithely dismisses the Bill of Rights as a "document signed by 18th century slave owners" might be considered arrogant.

Breakfast All Day
Oct 21, 2004

encrypt the planet

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

at the date posted:

Gosh, I wonder why someone who blithely dismisses the Bill of Rights as a "document signed by 18th century slave owners" might be considered arrogant.

British guy doesn't respect bill of rights

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

The Management posted:

British guy doesn't respect bill of rights

You can acknowledge that a certain thing is influential and important even if it was created by a foreigner in the distant past, such as the Magna Carta, Plato's Republic, or pizza.

PleasureKevin
Jan 2, 2011

recently i started using tor about 100% of the time

unfortunately this makes your bank hate you and lock your card constantly because they see you buying/logging in to things from all over the world suddenly.

Sniep
Mar 28, 2004

King of Breakfast

PleasureKevin posted:

unfortunately this makes your bank hate you and lock your card constantly because they see you buying/logging in to things from all over the world suddenly.

im the absolute nothing in this post

ffs

The Management
Jan 2, 2010

sup, bitch?

PleasureKevin posted:

something ain't right with that boy

BONGHITZ
Jan 1, 1970

debatable pleasure

Loving Africa Chaps
Dec 3, 2007

We had not left it yet, but when I would wake in the night, I would lie, listening, homesick for it already.

Everything i've seen so far suggests these guys used sms on burners, skype and facebook. This clearly means that not letting them take away our freedoms or change our way of life means handing over our online lives to retards who'll leave it unencrypted on a laptop on the tube

CRIP EATIN BREAD
Jun 24, 2002

Hey stop worrying bout my acting bitch, and worry about your WACK ass music. In the mean time... Eat a hot bowl of Dicks! Ice T

Soiled Meat
im gonna send the telegraph a link to pgp and blow their mind when they find out anyone can encrypt anything regardless of what "app" they're using.

gonna have to buy the pgp source code in a book, again.

maniacdevnull
Apr 18, 2007

FOUR CUBIC FRAMES
DISPROVES SOFT G GOD
YOU ARE EDUCATED STUPID

Loving Africa Chaps posted:

Everything i've seen so far suggests these guys used sms on burners, skype and facebook. This clearly means that not letting them take away our freedoms or change our way of life means handing over our online lives to retards who'll leave it unencrypted on a laptop on the tube

Also the Paris attackers weren't Syrians and the passports they found on the bodies were fakes designed to build anti-Syrian fears around the world

Eugene V. Dubstep
Oct 4, 2013
Probation
Can't post for 8 years!

maniacdevnull posted:

Also the Paris attackers weren't Syrians and the passports they found on the bodies were fakes designed to build anti-Syrian fears around the world

There was one passport, and it was fake. AFAIK no one knows why he was carrying this passport anyway. It could simply have been an effort to disguise his identity and save his family from reprisal, cover the tracks of terrorists remaining inside France, confuse the investigation, or any one of half a dozen other reasons more plausible than :byodood: FALSE FLAG ILLUMINATI ATTACK :byodood:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

FrozenVent
May 1, 2009

The Boeing 737-200QC is the undisputed workhorse of the skies.

PleasureKevin posted:

lol if you think the bank is the only place that flagged you

:nsa:

• Locked thread