Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

AAAAA! Real Muenster posted:

I started playing maybe a month before the skill rebalance/change went live so its hard for me to say. In the second post you may want to put a basic breakdown of the skills (x is good and this is why, y is bad and this is why, z is is good if you like doing <this>) and/or "if you want to run shotguns, do this; if you want to run LMGs, start with these skills:. One of my biggest questions when I was new was about what was good or bad. Now it is less painful if you chose poorly because it is so easy to respec but information like that is asked about fairly often I feel (in between Lucy's arguments with people about stupid high difficulty things).

So I did a quick perk deck guide that I'll just quote in the OP. I've been doing a lot of typing so far this week, so I didn't really go as deep as I could have. I'd appreciate any insight from people who use Yakuza or Sociopath, since I just don't know about them. I'll do a "notable skill" thing or something eventually.

Crew Chief: A very helpful deck that gives some noticable boosts to you and your crew. Useful for an armor-heavy build, keep in mind effects don't stack between players. Useful for someone who wants to help but doesn't always know how. People rarely take this, but always thank someone who does. Pair with a high armor/health build.

Muscle: A fantastic newbie deck. It gives you a buttload of extra health, some health regen, and the ability to send enemies into panic mode by firing your weapon. That last one is more useful than it sounds, as it acts like a suppressive fire that can give your team and yourself some breathing space for doing objectives, healing, reviving, moving bags, etc. Definitely an A+ perk deck. Pairs well with heavy weapons and high health/armor loadouts.

Armorer: The Brick Shithouse perk deck. It only really substantially affects ICTV builds (ballistic vest builds are better with Anarchist but more on that later). It gives you extra armor, quicker armor recovery time, and the ability to temporarily not take health damage for a few seconds when your armor breaks. Pairs well with high armor and armor recovery skills like Bullseye to increase survivability and mitigate health damage. Another good newbie choice.

Rogue: The basic dodge build deck. Gives you a flatout chance of having shots hitting you count as a sort of miss and you take 0 damage. It comes with the added abilities of fast weapon swap, some enemies ignoring you, and the chance to penetrate armor like the tan cop's vest. Pairs well with any skills that give extra dodge or less aggro from enemies. If you take Sneaky Bastard with this, you may as well take Low Blow while you're at it to cause massive damage. It's best to run this deck with two-piece suit and First Aid Kits.

Hitman: Not useless, but still kind of eh unless it really appeals to you. The deck gives you a large bonus to armor recovery, and coupled with Aced Shock and Awe and Crew Chief, can cut your armor regen time by well over half. The akimbo boosts aren't really substantial, but give you the equivalent of the Aced Akimbo skill without any points down. The big shining ability is that one that will always instantly refill your armor after 5 seconds of being down no matter what. Useful for akimbo builds (duh) and skill sets that keep your armor up and recovering quickly, it's a very gimmicky build that can be fun in certain instances but by no means anything particularly great.

Crook: I shouldn't need to tell you what you should take this one for. It's a dodge deck designed around ballistic vests (so ballistic vest, light ballistic vest, or heavy ballistic vest). Pair with anything that gives you extra dodge, extra armor, and extra recovery rate.

Burglar: Another obvious one. This one gives you obvious stealth bonuses like quicker picking and pager answering. Always bring it with your stealth build, but don't bring it for a loud build.

Infiltrator: Fun deck for zazzing up the gameplay a little. Works well for getting you to soak up more damage while also giving you a "regen health" button. Can work well even without having it strictly strapped to a melee build.

Sociopath: Panic, health regen on specific damage, armor regen yadda yadda. You'll know if what these mean by now. Give it a shot.

Gambler: Fun little deck that hands out health to you and your teammates when you pick up ammo boxes in addition to giving your teammates a little bit of ammo for everyone. It can give a surprising amount of survivability despite not giving any sort of extra effects beyond the ammo pickup stuff. Pair with a build that depends entirely upon skills for survivability.

Grinder: Has been nerfed hard since its release, but is still pretty fun to use. When you're wearing two-piece or LBV with this suit, you get health regen for any damage you cause up to 8 points per second and a Rogue-esque extra chance to pierce enemy armor. It's good for a hit-and-run build and pairs especially well with dodge skills, Optical Illusions, and Bullseye. You're gonna hate that red screen if you use it.

Yakuza: Another weird one I never really tried. Gives you speed and armor recovery for being under 25% health (under 50% health when fully leveled), so I assume works well with Frenzy/Berzerk builds. I need more input as the only time I used this was to outrun cars on Car Shop as a joke.

Ex-Presidents: Has always been a solid pick for the "gimmick" decks. Every time you kill an enemy, the game stores a certain amount of health up to a certain amount (you can see it indicated as a blue bar on your health meter in-game). When your army has been completely lost and fully regens, you will receive an amount of health equal to that blue bar back. Can be pretty funny with a turret or fire grenade build.

Maniac: A bit of an under-rated gem. Every time you cause damage, the game gives you these "stacks" of damage absorption indicated by a blue bar on your armor meter that can be surprisingly beefy. We did four man maniac runs of heists where I swear nobody took health damage at all. You also passively give friendlies a small amount of these absorbers. It doesn't stack for the amount of players running Maniac though, so at the most each player can only get the friendly absorbers once. This pairs well with a lot of builds and can be really helpful to teammates using any kind of skill set.

Anarchist: Complicated, but very cool. Essentially, you don't regen your armor all at once, but actually gradually over time. Heavier armor regens more slowly, and when fully completed, the tree gives you 10 extra armor points for any damage you do every 1.5 seconds. All of this translates into a deck that gives you an assload of armor and constant regen. It pairs very well with armor-boosting or damage mitigation skills like basic Iron Man, Aced Die Hard, or Frenzy, and works especially well with Bullseye ticking up your armor, too. With these, you can get two-piece suits over 200 armor points, and LBV to almost 300. Keep in mind that skills like basic Resilience and Shock and Awe will not work since they don't apply to this version of armor regen. This is definitely an expermentation deck that can pay off really well if you use it right.

Biker: Not complicated. Every time your crew gets a kill, you get armor and health back but you're at a limit for how often that can happen every 25 seconds (if someone has information on how that timer works, please tell me). Pairs well with beefy builds. Keep in mind it may not be a wonderful choice for something like Death Wish, where your murder count may not be high enough to get the most optimal return on this deck. Can still be fun if you just want to get in the thick of while constantly being healed.

Plan Z fucked around with this message at 08:51 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

eVeN I KnOw wHaT CoRnEr gAs iS
^ I think you're underselling ex-pres a little, but it's complicated to recommend: It relies on you and your team being absolute kill-murder machines; if your kills per minute as a team isn't very high, it's not going to do what you need. If you and your team can keep it up, though, ex-pres works on everything up to and including 1D. I'm surprised you're so positive on Maniac for - more or less - the same thing, except that ex-pres doesn't require the other 3 people to use it to get the most out of it.

Coolguye posted:

with the new skill trees shockproof is kind of off in its own little world, and unless you're running a sneaky bastard build there's no need to spend points on the tree position it's at. any reasonable person would want duck and cover and parkour, so unlocking it isn't an issue, but the 9 points you use on it could be better used in any of a fistful of other, better ways now that the skill trees are so much more open.

Personally, I think it's exceptional for a 1D dodge build, where you're absolutely using sneaky bastard because crits are your only way of putting out enough damage to matter against those hitpoint totals and tasers are rude as hell to you. Ammo management matters so not losing it all is nice, being able to break a tase so a heavy swat doesn't just kill you is nice ... there's a lot of value there.

for any other build where you aren't over in sneaky bastard land, it's too expensive in points, yeah for sure

Psion fucked around with this message at 01:03 on Nov 3, 2016

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

Psion posted:

^ I think you're underselling ex-pres a little, but it's complicated to recommend: It relies on you and your team being absolute kill-murder machines; if your kills per minute as a team isn't very high, it's not going to do what you need. If you and your team can keep it up, though, ex-pres works on everything up to and including 1D. Every kill helps refill your murder battery, not just your own, so it's really a team thing. I'm surprised you're so positive about Maniac but not Ex-pres, considering.

I don't particularly dislike it, but I felt like Biker outclassed it in terms of regen, at least for my needs.. I'm mostly curious if I'm missing information on any of them.

THE CHORSE
May 17, 2005

CHORSY MOOMS CHORSE JEEF

Psion posted:

Personally, I think it's exceptional for a 1D dodge build, where you're absolutely using sneaky bastard because crits are your only way of putting out enough damage to matter against those hitpoint totals and tasers are rude as hell to you. Ammo management matters so not losing it all is nice, being able to break a tase so a heavy swat doesn't just kill you is nice ... there's a lot of value there.

for any other build where you aren't over in sneaky bastard land, it's too expensive in points, yeah for sure

I think Shockproof is pretty nice in a 1D armor build as well. Tasers are annoying on lower difficulties; on higher difficulties they are deadly. The length of time that they leave you exposed to high-damage, hyper-accurate fire from all sides can seem like ages while you're trying to find the few navy blue pixels of that rear end in a top hat crouched behind a car, and teammates can't take the same risks to react fast enough that they could on lower difficulties. Running past any group of enemies without flashbanging seems like a near-certain way to catch a tase, in which case your dodge buddies have already sprinted halfway across the map.

It's expensive, for sure, but being immobile and out of cover is a completely untenable situation on 1D, so anything that allows you to mitigate that is worth the points in my book. My 1D builds have been a bit more specialized based on heists than my one-size-fits-all DW build, so I can usually manage to squeeze the points out of a tree where they aren't being used well. To be honest, the restrictions of 1D almost make it easier to justify giving up certain skills. I'm never going to take a shotgun that isn't the Mosconi or Joceline, so I can give up skills like Close By without feeling the loss too heavily. If the heist calls for it that shotgun has flechettes, so I can give up Far Away. If I'm not using shotguns I'm usually using incendiaries and explosives, and there aren't many skills that benefit those at all. Surviving is my number one concern on 1D, even before killing cops (what?! BLASPHEMY!) so I tend to gravitate toward survivability skills. I'm sure it isn't the right choice for everybody but it worked ok for me.

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp

Plan Z posted:

Infiltrator: This deck makes you take less damage when close to enemies, gives you extra melee damage, and gives you the ability to slap cops to get health back. Obviously pairs best with high-speed builds and extra melee damage that give any possible extra survivability in terms of damage resistance, dodge, or armor/health. There are a ton of possibilities here, and to be honest I'm not a big expert on it.

I've used Infiltrator a lot and I think you've got the wrong idea about it. It pairs best with a ICTV build, the DR matters more if you've got more armor for it to layer over. The health regen is a lot easier to take advantage of if you take a buzzer or electric fists and ignore the melee damage bonus entirely. Just get in close with shotguns or SMGs and whack a cop every few seconds. If you've got a surrendered or converted cop you can and should poke them a bit when you need health.

It's a Muscle deck for hipsters imo

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!
yeah don't get me wrong, i still use Shockproof on all difficulties because seriously gently caress tasers, but while i was emphatic back in the day about shockproof being worth it if you're going up tech in practically any context, i'm no longer so emphatic because sneaky bastard is dodge build only and armor is far from useless on most difficulties.

if you're going to sneaky bastard for a dodge build, be it 1D or not, you have no excuse to not take Shockproof. but for other folks, well, i don't think the argument as quite as strong as it once was.

spit on my clit
Jul 19, 2015

by Cyrano4747

Plan Z posted:

Sociopath: I'm gonna ask for peoples' opinions on this one because some of the descriptions are kind of vague and I don't want to pretend to know.

Sociopath seems like a varient of infiltrator - you get great armor regen on killing enemies at ~40 meters (pair it with bullseye aced if you like clicking heads), health regeneration on a melee kill (Very good if you can keep slicing down cops every two seconds), and a 75%(?) percent chance to cause panic around enemies upon killing a cop, so you can burst in, shoot a cop in the face, and then stab his buddy to death while he cowers.

It's good stuff, but you might want infiltrator's version of the health regeneration if you arent exactly equipped for killing with melee weapons.

Shadowbag
Jun 1, 2011

When shitposting, it's always important to properly stretch first.
Soiled Meat
Infiltrator was my go-to for armor-shotgun builds. You get the extra DR, don't need to worry about panic making you miss headshots, and you get to control your health regen. I found that getting a bigger chunk all at once was better than a constant, slow stream, and you're up close to cops anyways. :shrug:

Dr Cheeto
Mar 2, 2013
Wretched Harp
Sociopath rewards melee kills, Infiltrator only rewards melee *hits*.

AAAAA! Real Muenster
Jul 12, 2008

My QB is also named Bort

I need to take notes on Perk Deck chat because all of this is really useful to know. I pretty much only ever use Grinder and Gambler because most of the rest make little sense to me. I have tried Ex-Pres and Muscle but they didn't seem to do as much for me.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Plan Z posted:

I don't particularly dislike it, but I felt like Biker outclassed it in terms of regen, at least for my needs.. I'm mostly curious if I'm missing information on any of them.

IME, ex-pres is 1D viable and biker absolutely is not. On lower difficulties, it is worth noting Biker is easier to manage, which is a big positive. If you're missing anything, I think you're missing pages of praise for ex-pres as "well grinder used to make this useless, but now it's good by comparison!" :v:

(it's a fine list)

Psion fucked around with this message at 03:05 on Nov 3, 2016

Max Wilco
Jan 23, 2012

I'm just trying to go through life without looking stupid.

It's not working out too well...

Plan Z posted:

perk deck guide

If you're adding it to the OP, it might be worth it to note which perk decks are only available through DLC.

I think Burglar, Infiltrator, Grinder, Yakuza, Anarchist, & Biker all require you to own the DLC character pack to use (Clover, Dragan, Sokol, Jiro, Sydney, and Rust, respectively). Sociopath is only available if you own Hotline Miami 2 on Steam.

Max Wilco fucked around with this message at 03:21 on Nov 3, 2016

ClonedPickle
Apr 23, 2010
Ex-President is also notable as the only perk deck that has a form of health regen and a dodge boost. Rogue and Crook do pure dodge better (though Rogue is still a shadow of its former self), and Grinder and Biker probably should do health regen better (they don't), so with a mix of both topped off with +40% max health and drastically reduced armor regen time as long as you're killing enough, it's my preferred deck for staying alive.

Honestly, the perk decks are balanced horribly. Granted, it used to be "everyone uses Muscle or Grinder," but now it's "everyone uses Anarchist, Ex-Pres, Muscle, or Armorer." Overkill really needs to do another balance pass on the perk decks, but this time buffing the lovely ones instead of nerfing the good ones.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Ugh. I really wish the Golden Grin trophy was properly labeled as having to be done in stealth. I managed to complete it on my own with just silenced pistols and then I don't get it. I google it and then I discover it actually means to do it in stealth, but doesn't say that.

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Dr Cheeto posted:

Sociopath rewards melee kills, Infiltrator only rewards melee *hits*.

Sociopath is a lot worse because of this, since melee suffers against the higher HP values enemies have now.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
Oh wow, I see what people mean about Mayhem. Just completed a Four Stores on it after infamying and it was piss easy. Like Four Stores is a rather easy job generally, but still. I had no skills, an interceptor pistol and a suit. I should have at least had some trouble.

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Just completed 1D Beneath the Mountain with randos and resistance seemed.... a little light. It wasn't dead, but I expected a lot more bad guys. Are there legitimate explanations for that?

Grapplejack
Nov 27, 2007

Nehru the Damaja posted:

Just completed 1D Beneath the Mountain with randos and resistance seemed.... a little light. It wasn't dead, but I expected a lot more bad guys. Are there legitimate explanations for that?

The host probably had a shitbox computer. Spawns are based on fps, and that most likely kept them off you.

Fellis
Feb 14, 2012

Kid, don't threaten me. There are worse things than death, and uh, I can do all of them.

Coolguye posted:

taking sentries, which sucked for almost the entire life cycle

I wish I had that screenshot handy where I had most kills on a breakout and my preferred weapon was sentry gun, in a game with you and sykic :smug:

because cop AI was bugged to only path towards sentries in that back corner :v:

the brief window where sentries had reload bugged to be an absolute % of your ammo and when ammo pickup was rounded up to 1 for low ammo weapons was the peak, unless there was some other sentry bug in the last few months that made them good before overkill smashed it

Fellis fucked around with this message at 14:47 on Nov 3, 2016

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.

Nehru the Damaja posted:

In addition to Grapplejack's response, 1D tries to spawn 84 enemies. Pretty much every system chokes on that number, so a large number of spawnpoints break, enemies go stationary, take longer to fire, etc. It's a problem internal to the game's capacity for handling AI as much as a CPU thing at that point.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 16:05 on Nov 3, 2016

Concordat
Mar 4, 2007

Secondary Objective: Commit Fraud - Complete

Grapplejack posted:

The host probably had a shitbox computer. Spawns are based on fps, and that most likely kept them off you.

Discendo Vox posted:

In addition to Grapplejack's response, 1D tries to spawn 84 enemies. Pretty much every system chokes on that number, so a large number of spawnpoints break, enemies go stationary, take longer to fire, etc. It's a problem internal to the game's capacity for handling AI as much as a CPU thing at that point.

Basically the cops wind up with three-stooges syndrome.

Prokhor Zakharov
Dec 31, 2008

This is me as I make another great post

Good luck with your depression!
So is today the day we're supposed to get a belated Halloween event?

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Prokhor Zakharov posted:

So is today the day we're supposed to get a belated Halloween event?

Sure is. Prison Nightmare - just released right now.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
3spooky5me

http://www.overkillsoftware.com/games/halloween2016/

EorayMel
May 30, 2015

WE GET IT. YOU LOVE GUN JESUS. Toujours des fusils Bullpup Français.
I hope the heist will much like the Prison Break LP from Two Best Friends so we can perform sick judo flips in air ducts and sneak past empty faced guards as we get anti-insulin drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inAl3sbj4ZM

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy

EorayMel posted:

I hope the heist will much like the Prison Break LP from Two Best Friends so we can perform sick judo flips in air ducts and sneak past empty faced guards as we get anti-insulin drugs.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=inAl3sbj4ZM

Is this game really hard or are the guys playing it really bad? Because they keep straight up running into guards.

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot

quote:

Golden Grin Casino
Fixed an issue where the "Golden Grin" Trophy was only awarded in stealth

Thank loving christ.

Psion
Dec 13, 2002

Safehouse Nightmare is back, as expected, find it and Prison under "Events" (where Lab Rats is) when buying a contract.

when you force-enable Goonmod, I suggest disabling goonmod weapon customization - with that enabled, any time I tried to modify any gun I got a CTD
code:
Application has crashed: C++ exception
[string "lib/managers/menu/blackmarketgui.lua"]:814: attempt to index field '?' (a nil value)
unchecking customization fixed the issue.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

We don't need to have that dialogue because it's obvious, trivial, and has already been had a thousand times.
Bolded the big stuff.

quote:

Update 121

General
Fixed an issue where menu item highlight sound could be played for menu items that did not exist
Fixed an issue at the end screen where continental coins would count incorrectly
Fixed an issue at the end screen where continental coins count up sound could get stuck

Added additional feedback when the player can't afford a weapon mod
Fixed an issue where FOV Relative Sensitivity under Controls are not affected by Default Control Options
Fixed so player can unequip the selected equipment
Fixed an issue where the new Heavy Zeal SWAT had no body armour
Fixed an issue where Snipers did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where SWAT Turrets did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where Chavez did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where The Commissar did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where Biker Boss did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where Hector did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where Captain Winters did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Fixed an issue where security guards used the Zeal Enemies VO filter when playing on One Down difficulty
Fixed an issue where street cops used the Zeal Enemies VO filter when playing on One Down difficulty
Fixed an issue where FBI agents and guards used the Zeal Enemies VO filter when playing on One Down difficulty

Weapons
Fixed a crash when deploying the LMG Bipod while switching weapons
Added low resolution textures to the Concussion Grenade
Adjusted distance between weapons for the Weapon Butt Melee option to cause less overlap
Adjusted the animation of the Concussion Grenade to avoid a graphical issue where the grenade might replace the player's gun
Fixed issue where regular bows would register twice for cases of the accuracy rating on the end screen
Fixed an issue where the crossbows did not count towards the accuracy rating on the endscreen

Levels
Aftershock
Fixed an issue where drop in clients could not enter the construction yard if the wall was opened before they joined
Fixed an issue where you could place equipment inside the wall

Big Oil
Adjusted a door collision on Day 2

Birth of Sky
Fixed a graphical issue with the Jukebox

Election Day
Rotated tilted C4 interaction icons on Day 1

Golden Grin Casino
Fixed an issue where the "Golden Grin" Trophy was only awarded in stealth

Hoxton Revenge
Fixed an issue where Hector would wear his armor even if the panic room was opened in stealth

Jewlery Store
Made glass shelves bulletproof to avoid floating objects

Murky Station
Fixed an issue where the "Who's there?" Trophy was not awarded for playing the Murky Station job

Nightclub
Fixed an issue where using throwables did not fail the "Staying Alive" Trophy

Safe House
Added variations to Bonnie's drinking animations
Fixed an issue with the Tier 2 Van Skins
Fixed an issue with the particles that spawn when shooting a poster i Bodhi's room
Tweaked some trophy preview images that were missing proper borders

Safe House Raid
Fixed an issue with the wave counter displaying incorrect values in between waves
Fixed an issue where you character would duplicate on the screen when starting a Safe House Raid lobby from someone else's lobby

Transport: Underpass
Fixed a misplaced collision that made it possible to place deployables in the air

Ukranian Job
Fixed an issue the "So Pretty" Trophy was only awarded in stealth

Skills
Fixed an issue where the Overkill Skill could be triggered on civilian kills when using fire or explosive shotgun ammo
Changed the Underdog Skill to correctly trigger on 3 enemies instead of 2
Changed the Underdog Skill description to reflect that the enemies needs to target you for the skill to trigger
Changed the Equilibrium Skill description to correctly show 33% instead of 80%.
Changed the Optical Illusions Skill description to correctly show 35% instead of 45%.
Changed the Up You Go Skill description to correctly describe an 40% increase of health received
Fixed an issue where the bonus from Marksman: Basic did not appear in the inventory menu

:siren:Mega Clover:siren:

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 19:53 on Nov 3, 2016

djw175
Apr 23, 2012

by zen death robot
God I really wish that Payday 2's system of downloading updates wasn't so dogshit. It's such a terrible way of doing it that takes for loving ever.

Insert name here
Nov 10, 2009

Oh.
Oh Dear.
:ohdear:

quote:

Fixed an issue where Snipers did not count as special kills on the stats screen
Lmbo this has been a thing since the game launched that I honestly by now thought it was intentional

I mean it's a really low priority fix but still lol

Plan Z
May 6, 2012

New heist is super fun. Don't know what the pumpkin's about, though.

TopHatGenius
Oct 3, 2008

something feels
different

Hot Rope Guy
So with the perk decks that we have one top of the skill tree revamp, Safe House Nightmare on One Down is fairly easy.

Wintermutant
Oct 2, 2009

Dinosaur Gum

TopHatGenius posted:

So with the perk decks that we have one top of the skill tree revamp, Safe House Nightmare on One Down is fairly easy.

Don't you just have to stare at the ground the whole time to keep enemies from touching you, or am I mis-remembering?

Crabtree
Oct 17, 2012

ARRRGH! Get that wallet out!
Everybody: Lowtax in a Pickle!
Pickle! Pickle! Pickle! Pickle!

Dinosaur Gum
Kind of Lame it isn't No Mercy, but at the same time its a new location i always wanted to attack, a prison, and its goofy fun. Still would like Ash to make it fair that DbD got Halloween though.

Discendo Vox
Mar 21, 2013

Wintermutant posted:

Don't you just have to stare at the ground the whole time to keep enemies from touching you, or am I mis-remembering?

That worked one year, but not the most recent one. It also only applied to the headless dozers, not to the cloakers that would also spawn. We need to give it a test run and see. OD Safehouse Nightmare may be almost identical to DW, since the headless dozers are probably using DW attack stats. Newer/better drill skills, poison and RPGs may make it a bit easier. I don't think the usual spawn or other limits apply to that heist, so I don't know how it will shake out.

Discendo Vox fucked around with this message at 22:10 on Nov 3, 2016

Coolguye
Jul 6, 2011

Required by his programming!

Insert name here posted:

Lmbo this has been a thing since the game launched that I honestly by now thought it was intentional

I mean it's a really low priority fix but still lol

I remember whining about this to vox during the death wish run of bomb forest we did back like a year ago

I mean better late than never of course but I'll definitely be thinking of that next time I take a shot

Kikas
Oct 30, 2012
Goddamn it's been a while since the Soundtrack has been updated, cmon people, I want my bangin tunes on the go :argh:

Shooting Blanks
Jun 6, 2007

Real bullets mess up how cool this thing looks.

-Blade

No clue on the pumpkin, but I'm pretty sure the speed run for the new heist is impossible if you don't get a keycard on your spin. At best, if you hit everything perfectly AND you're at the zip line when it appears you may make it.

TopHatGenius posted:

Yeah, we knocked it out pretty easily as well. Prison Nightmare looks to be a challenge on 1D though...and the 15 keycards one is going to be an interesting challenge, it sounds kinda fun. I'm also curious if there's a hidden trophy/achievement if you get all the warheads at the end.

Shooting Blanks fucked around with this message at 23:09 on Nov 3, 2016

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Nehru the Damaja
May 20, 2005

Uh.... the update ate my Golden Grin and tiara trophies. What the gently caress.