Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

OAV of my rotation so far:
.330 <- Oh hey look it's '94 Bret Saberhagen

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

3B: R.Clemens (1)

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Hyun-Jin Ryu .417 (BA not BAA)

JosefStalinator
Oct 9, 2007

Come Tbilisi if you want to live.

Grimey Drawer
My team keeps losing and my hitters are all doing well, what do I do :negative:

ManifunkDestiny
Aug 2, 2005
THE ONLY THING BETTER THAN THE SEAHAWKS IS RUSSELL WILSON'S TAINT SWEAT

Seahawks #1 fan since 2014.
Lead the league in OPS and highest staff ERA. I love this team.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
My luck in one run games and horrible starting pitching will make me crash and burn for sure at some point, but this is fun so far.

Love the first 6 OBPs in my lineup:

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Big Q's House of Pancakes

Fun Shoe
OBP owns. My team OBP is .371.

EvilBeard fucked around with this message at 07:06 on Dec 30, 2015

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Bret Saberhagen is pulling some vintage Fred Glade poo poo here

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Home games are fun.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Clearly sustainable for me to stay in the division race

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

HR: M.Duncan (2), R.Ankiel (1)

that's pitching rick ankiel.

duyarvish
Feb 7, 2015
I wouldn't have guessed Tommy Hanson was good in this format

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
I had really limited internet access for 4-5 days and Mr. Shabazz was kind enough to manage my stupid tandem pitchers in their endless attempts to exhaust themselves. He even did this to help against his own team.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
I kindly waited until you were back to go on a tear

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

It's Still Happening

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

.330 <- Oh hey look it's '94 Bret Saberhagen

Glad to see that this has normalized to Bret Saberhagen still eating poo poo but everyone else getting way worse.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe

PITCHING Y'ALL

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

Triple Crown update:

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Well, this part is working. Just don't think the bats are good enough to catch up to Bob at this point.

Julio Cruz
May 19, 2006
I've been away for a few days so I haven't been keeping up with this. Bob is on a loving tear.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
My pitching is a loving dumpster fire.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Gonna need to win more than like 20-30% of my 1-run games if I'm going to do annnnyything.

EvilBeard
Apr 24, 2003

Fun Shoe
My offense has been awesome. My rotation is loving awful, and every starter needs to be put down.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

EvilBeard posted:

My rotation is loving awful, and every starter needs to be put down.

i feel you

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

My rotation rules but my offense insists on scoring whatever my opponent has minus one.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i expected my offense to be mediocre and my pitching a disaster; instead, the pitching has been mediocre and the offense is the worst in the league by a considerable margin.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

The NL West might be fun if bob wasn't in the division

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

31-10 since remembering I had a team. If I hadn't been completely distracted by the holiday break (and 3 additional days before remembering I had a team) I might be closer to Bob. Still a ways to go but I may have dug too deep a hole.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Ivan Drago posted:

31-10 since remembering I had a team. If I hadn't been completely distracted by the holiday break (and 3 additional days before remembering I had a team) I might be closer to Bob. Still a ways to go but I may have dug too deep a hole.

It doesn't mean a ton, but my team's run differential is slightly better than yours!

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

It doesn't mean a ton, but my team's run differential is slightly better than yours!

I had some very embarrassing losses during my absence! A lot of 15s and 20s on the wrong side of the scorecard. Poor Fabio Castro is never going to recover.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

in retrospect i probably should've committed earlier and harder to the triples ideal, and also gotten better pitchers

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
DUMPSTER DIVERS!

WE ARE COMING FOR YOU.

YOUR TEAM OF TALENTED PLAYERS IS NO MATCH FOR DUMB LUCK AND ALL CAPS.

REBUTTAL?

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

My team is so committed to:
1. Being .500
2. Scoring more runs than it allows.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

My team is so committed to:
1. Being .500
2. Scoring more runs than it allows.

I am now over .500 because my team is clutch af

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I feel pretty good about my team, but I'm terrified of gyroball's in the division. So basically this is just like one of seasons like 22-32 in Hardball Dynasty.

2spoopy

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

literally only have one good pitcher, but god drat has craig been good

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Reggie Sanders and Brian Giles are fighting the good fight at least.

E: should of drafted more sanderses

Pumpkin McPastry fucked around with this message at 05:53 on Feb 1, 2016

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
The good:

Scott Podsednik: Because WiS needed to be less predictable, Pods is an MVP candidate, a RoY candidate, and a Gold glove candidate.

.341/.388/.492 with 14 HR and 50 SB He could 0 - season the rest of the way, and I'd feel vindicated. Pretty good for a later round pick

Chipper Jones: Did what he's supposed to, more or less. Strangely... not as good as Pods, outside of power. Wish he was just a bit better to justify my first round pick.

.325 /.454/.570 26 HR, 111 runs scored

Jose Altuve: Good lead off hitter at a position with a limit on good offensive players. Happy with him.

.328 /.362/.456 60 SB, 113 runs scored

The bullpen: LIGHTS OUT.

The bad:

The starting pitching: You know it's not good when you're saying to yourself: "Man, if only I'd gotten Steve Avery!" Bush laid an egg, and my 6 man rotation saved arms, but only Lilly and Syndergaarden are passable starters.

AJ Pollock and Michael Brantley: "I will not draft 20 HR, 20 SB guys any more" x 500 times on lined paper. They just... poo poo the bed for some reason. Pure power, or pure speed from now on.

The Ugly:

My pythag: Probably shouldn't be in first, but I have an advantage in one run games...

Vicente Palacios: Had to take him right out of the rotation. Could have drafted myself and put up similar numbers...

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
we'd better do more seasons now that we are all back into the wis swing of things so that i can redeem this tire fire

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Zamboni Jesus posted:

we'd better do more seasons now that we are all back into the wis swing of things so that i can redeem this tire fire

Yeah if this is the last season I'm going to find each and every one of you and spit gum in front of where you're about to step.

• Locked thread