Register a SA Forums Account here!
JOINING THE SA FORUMS WILL REMOVE THIS BIG AD, THE ANNOYING UNDERLINED ADS, AND STUPID INTERSTITIAL ADS!!!

You can: log in, read the tech support FAQ, or request your lost password. This dumb message (and those ads) will appear on every screen until you register! Get rid of this crap by registering your own SA Forums Account and joining roughly 150,000 Goons, for the one-time price of $9.95! We charge money because it costs us money per month for bills, and since we don't believe in showing ads to our users, we try to make the money back through forum registrations.

• Locked thread
kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

Yeah if this is the last season I'm going to find each and every one of you and spit gum in front of where you're about to step.

:hf:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
Looks like next season will have the updated salaries as well.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

He has come home, where he belongs. The Ancient Mariner returns to lead his first team to glory, forever and ever. Amen!

Bob Shabazz posted:

Looks like next season will have the updated salaries as well.

I saw on the forums where they offer a draft feature now? Is that not new and I just never noticed?

quote:

You're given a THM##### league number. You enter a fresh (no players) team into it. Once everyone's in, the draft is set. It is integrated into the team center and thus allows you to draft without using the forums. The Draft Utility has features such as shortlists, automatic removal of taken players, automatic restriction to the available player pool, time slotting, etc.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

At 12:17 a.m. MU police spotted Mauk, 19, run a stop sign while driving his scooter east on Kentucky Boulevard - with two female passengers on board.
It's not new, I think we've never used it because we assume it's garbage.

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

God dammit how did I blow this lead

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

What else do I have to do to impress you people?
Time to rage and make up 12 games on two teams with 21 games to go!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.
RIP my dumb and awful team, your pitching was too terrible to live

Ivan Drago
Jan 17, 2003

Bob Shabazz posted:

God dammit how did I blow this lead
My team has been on fire the past few weeks since I've been actively tweaking lineups and pitching slots everyday. Even then, I didn't expect them to be more than a .500 team even with steady monitoring so I really have no idea why they're playing so well.

Unfortunately I forgot about our series until just now and ended up throwing a couple scrub starters at you. Oh well.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

gardenald posted:

RIP my dumb and awful team, your pitching was too terrible to live

You were victimized by a recent thing my teams have been doing lately, which is underperform until they're eliminated and then rip off a streak like 20 wins in 22 games.

angrygodofjebus
Aug 25, 2005

Drink it up and hunker down
All of my starters have an ERA over 5.00. I don't know how this team is over .500 with this loving staff:

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

My Mike Lavalliere random captain team just won 106 games. Yes, we did lead the league in triples :v:

ArtVandelay fucked around with this message at 00:13 on Feb 9, 2016

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

100 RBI for, well, everyone

Only registered members can see post attachments!

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

In the end, it comes down to throwing one pitch after another, and seeing what happens. With each new consequence, the game begins to take shape.

ArtVandelay posted:

My Mike Lavalliere random captain team just won 106 games. Yes, we did lead the league in triples :v:

I always liked Random Captain. Would you mind shooting me a message when the next one goes up?

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

Scott Sanders is 28-7 and I think has a shot at 30 wins still.

NutShellBill
Dec 4, 2004
I AM SPUTNIK'S PARACHUTE ACCOUNT
Playoffs.

As long as we don't blow it.

Getting hype.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Soooo what theme are we doing next? :allears:

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

:siren: Scott Sanders at 29 wins :siren:

Bob Shabazz
Oct 21, 2008

kensei posted:

Soooo what theme are we doing next? :allears:

I'm drafting ideas now and will propose something in the next day or two. If anyone has suggestions, now would be the time!

I will say that Rule V is possible, but I'm reticent to do it given how many people in this league also participate in the WiS forums Rule V. If I hear from enough of them that they wouldn't mind (especially with a switch to, say, 100M) that might be a good choice.

Bob Shabazz fucked around with this message at 00:15 on Feb 11, 2016

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Two Man Band was fun as hell, but what about a Four Hoursemen theme where you make your team up of clones of four guys, one has to be a pitcher and one a batter, the other two can be either as needed. A five round draft where you also select a park. Shouldn't take too long if we enforce time limits on picks.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

Goodness no, now that wouldn't do at all!

I haven't done a Rule V for a few years so I'd have no objections, plus iirc it was the theme on the one goon league that I won

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

I'd be down for Rule V as well, I just didn't put that in my post...

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

What season was two-man band, by the way? I completely forgot who my two guys were.

gyroball
Jul 29, 2003

Fortunately, the people found a mighty Rosenthal, called Trevor.

Cy Young Award Winner James "Big Game" Shields

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

What season was two-man band, by the way? I completely forgot who my two guys were.

I think it was an Art run league that wasn't one of the main ones we track. I was just looking at league history and got to season 12 and got really mad again.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

As one of the Rule V-ers I would do a Rule V, but obviously I'm open to different themes too. Four Horseman was fun.

I also liked the first one I did where you pick team captains and you have to use their names to create your team.

Or the White Elephant.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Pumpkin McPastry posted:

I also liked the first one I did where you pick team captains and you have to use their names to create your team.

Heck yeah I think that was my first goonleague season too

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I would also be totally behind Four Horsemen, that was super fun to put together.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I would also like a possible one-upping of the $60m league that was the first SLB season I played with like a $40m cap or something. I think years back I pitched this before and people thought it was like unanimously a terrible idea but I like the idea of everyone grinding it out with lovely fatigued players.

kensei
Dec 27, 2007

Power of Pecota posted:

I would also like a possible one-upping of the $60m league that was the first SLB season I played with like a $40m cap or something. I think years back I pitched this before and people thought it was like unanimously a terrible idea but I like the idea of everyone grinding it out with lovely fatigued players.

That was Season 12, where I came in third place in my division with 104 wins and last (fourth) place had 91 wins.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

I'd be happy doing a champs and chumps or random captain season.

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

gardenald posted:

Heck yeah I think that was my first goonleague season too

Hoyt Wilhelm and Dick Allen for me, baby.

Power of Pecota
Aug 4, 2007

I remember Scott Radinsky was my pitcher, but I forget who the position player was.

Zamboni Jesus
Jul 3, 2007

We don't really care about what that bug-eyed fat walrus has to say
i like themes that either allow you to use players you never can because they are super expensive or themes that force you to use players you never would. two man band is fun for the first reason. i can't remember what the four horseman theme is.

gardenald
Jul 23, 2007

Zamboni Jesus posted:

i like themes that either allow you to use players you never can because they are super expensive or themes that force you to use players you never would. two man band is fun for the first reason. i can't remember what the four horseman theme is.

Four horsemen is where you're randomly assigned the most expensive hitter and pitcher and least expensive hitter and pitcher (162 ip/500 pa) from four different seasons and you build your team from those years using those players. I was just looking at the old thread for it and I would love to do it again

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!
What were the themes when Christian Guzman and Dave Collins led my teams to championships? I vote for those.

oldfan
Jul 22, 2007

"Mathewson pitched against Cincinnati yesterday. Another way of putting it is that Cincinnati lost a game of baseball."
Hey I finally won one of these

Accident Underwater
Oct 21, 2005

You look like a star!

jeffersonlives posted:

Congratulations!

I enjoyed reading "MARK EICHHORN IS A STARTING PITCHAH at Burrellington G.O.A.T. Factory" as one long phrase and game 7 was really good. Solid ending.

ArtVandelay
Jul 13, 2004

So if anyone was wondering, my 106 win random captain team just got swept in the world series to a bad 85 win team. So i've now been to 9 world series and have won 2. WiS hates me.

saffi faildotter
Mar 2, 2007

jeffersonlives posted:

:toot:

Adbot
ADBOT LOVES YOU

Pumpkin McPastry
Mar 8, 2004

ArtVandelay posted:

So if anyone was wondering, my 106 win random captain team just got swept in the world series to a bad 85 win team. So i've now been to 9 world series and have won 2. WiS hates me.

I think I'm 4-0 in the World Series :toot:

Congrats, JL!

• Locked thread